Bulldogs announce Dean Pay as new Bulldogs coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It did actually. Winning games not just GFs ensures people buy into memberships, merchandise and attend games which means we paid the bills. ;)

But seriously If you look back at it now Folkes was a strong coach..

98 Should not have been in GF - 2nd
99, 00,01 Rebuilding period - Still very competitive and lost to some cracker teams in the semis.. made semis and top 4.
02 Dramas..
03 Bounced back but lost to the real cheats in the Pre-lim, nobody was beating Penrith that year anyway... 2nd.
04 WON! 1sttt
05 GF hangover year.. excused.
06 Lost to premiers in Pre-lim - 3rd

He did a pretty good job..
2005 was heavily affected by injuries we lost all our backs at the start & then the forwards at the back end (or the other way around) 32 players used in that season.

N

Natboy

Last week in October, non rep players back on the Tuesday 23rd October for meetings , injury and fitness screening
Nice. Thanks mate. I just saw November doesn’t start until a Wednesday so that makes sense

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2005 was heavily affected by injuries we lost all our backs at the start & then the forwards at the back end (or the other way around) 32 players used in that season.
You mean a hangover?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, the points scored against the Raiders since 2013:
2013 - 624
2014 - 623
2015 - 569
2016 - 498
2017 - 497

Someone posted that on another forum. Not sure why the raiders fans are happy hes gone. Looks like hes done a good job.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really happy to have Dean Pay back at the club,
it looks like he has served his time with several different coaches and has had success with junior NSW.
I was a bit surprised to hear it was a 2 year contract,this will be a total rebuild for our club.
We are talking about a new junior program and football structure for the first grade squad.
Not expecting any miracles in the first year but steady improvement,needed min 3y
Any thoughts !

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it looks like he has served his time with several different coaches and has had success with junior NSW.
I was a bit surprised to hear it was a 2 year contract,this will be a total rebuild for our club.
We are talking about a new junior program and football structure for the first grade squad.
Not expecting any miracles in the first year but steady improvement,needed min 3y
Any thoughts !
2 years sounds about right for an untested new coach, extensions can always follow according to on field and off field success.

Reactions: DT

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 years sounds about right for an untested new coach, extensions can always follow according to on field and off field success.
I wonder what the club would think is good progress,in particular the secound year of his contract.
Not forgetting that the majority of this team are contracted

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Was talking to a Raiders fan last night and asked what he thought about losing Pay. Said all Raiders fans are happy to see him go! He was their Dfence coach and said "just look at our D over the last year or so."

Im just passing on what he said. But to be honest I don't watch much NRL except for dogs games really. From the games I did watch the Raiders looked good in attack.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a Hangover...
A hangover is where you reached the mountain & so your desire is no longer as great as it was. Injuries were THE major reason we didn't go back to back. It was NO hangover. As proven when we went to the PF in 2006.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A hangover is where you reached the mountain & so your desire is no longer as great as it was. Injuries were THE major reason we didn't go back to back. It was NO hangover. As proven when we went to the PF in 2006.
The same team fought for 3 years to win that trophy... Eventually everyone involved would burn out and decrease in work ethic which in return would make them more prone to injuries and less motivated to rehab = hangover.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The same team fought for 3 years to win that trophy... Eventually everyone involved would burn out and decrease in work ethic which in return would make them more prone to injuries and less motivated to rehab = hangover.
Yep that hangover in 2006 was bad wasn't it?

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any thoughts !
Yeah absolutely I think with any new coach 3 years is a minimum (with how our cap is screwed I would offer 4) so I think they are just being cautious *hopefully*

Status
Not open for further replies.