Bulldogs announce Dean Pay as new Bulldogs coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The way I see it
Us fans will embrace him like every other new coach

In Pay we trust
Under Pay
Blah blah blah

Then after a few years, if we don't win the comp
Sack Pay will be ripe
Lol

Wait and see

For what it's worth
Good luck to him

I personally wish we still had Folks as coach

Fucking niff buffs who were calling for his head
You are kidding. There is a reason Folkes never got another first grade coaching gig.
He should have won 3 premierships minimum with the team he had. Also he is the one that let go of a future immortal over 30k.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol 2 year contract. He's going to need 4 just to get rid of what Des has left him and start fresh.
This team will be Des' team with a new coach regardless of how you look at it.

Regardless of what happens, I don't expect any sort of miracle, it'll still be Des' fault if we continue to fail.
Have to disagree, next season will be tough with the roster. However at the end of 2018 we have the Morris twins off contract & Feastwood. This will free up cash so 2019 we should freshen up and be well & truly in the top 8. Des left us with a decent forward pack at least. We can rebuild quickly with smart recruitment and proper use of our bench, in particular Faitala-Mariner.

Players off contract end of 2018 - 13 in total:

Brad Abbey, Tom Carr, Josh Cleeland, Greg Eastwood, Asipeli Fine, Matt Frawley, Richard Kennar, Brenko Lee, Lachlan Lewis, Rhyse Martin, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Zac Woolford

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
just hope he doesn't abandon the Bulldogs AGAIN but this time as a coach and not a player signing with another club who offer him more money LOL .. he has good form for it!

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Now for the fun of telling staff they are no longer required

Expect to see a whole new medical team, and changes in the football staff department
Jimmy will stay , grimaldi gone, Frank gone
Why would Grimaldi be gone? He is part of the "Bulldog culture"

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
just hope he doesn't abandon the Bulldogs AGAIN but this time as a coach and not a player signing with another club who offer him more money LOL .. he has good form for it!
I get where you're coming from and the favourite son talk is over the top but he did leave during Super League so there is some extenuating circumstances around him leaving. He did put his head down and played his heart out till his last game in the 1995 GF unlike Jarrod McCracken who refused to play.

At the end of the day he knows what makes the club tick and played at the club while Bullfrog was in charge so that is valuable experience to pass on.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are kidding. There is a reason Folkes never got another first grade coaching gig.
He should have won 3 premierships minimum with the team he had. Also he is the one that let go of a future immortal over 30k.
He almost did in all fairness... 98 got robbed.. 2002 got robbed.. 2003 pre-lim... won in 2004.. 2006 pre-lim.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have to disagree, next season will be tough with the roster. However at the end of 2018 we have the Morris twins off contract & Feastwood. This will free up cash so 2019 we should freshen up and be well & truly in the top 8. Des left us with a decent forward pack at least. We can rebuild quickly with smart recruitment and proper use of our bench, in particular Faitala-Mariner.

Brad Abbey, Tom Carr, Josh Cleeland, Greg Eastwood, Asipeli Fine, Matt Frawley, Richard Kennar, Brenko Lee, Lachlan Lewis, Rhyse Martin, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Zac Woolford
And the James Graham top up money that we will be paying for the Steelers in 2018

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from and the favourite son talk is over the top but he did leave during Super League so there is some extenuating circumstances around him leaving. He did put his head down and played his heart out till his last game in the 1995 GF unlike Jarrod McCracken who refused to play.

At the end of the day he knows what makes the club tick and played at the club while Bullfrog was in charge so that is valuable experience to pass on.
I remember him for dogging the club, the fans and retiring in 99 as Parra's captain ... in saying that i'm over the moon DES is no longer associated with us.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He almost did in all fairness... 98 got robbed.. 2002 got robbed.. 2003 pre-lim... won in 2004.. 2006 pre-lim.
Does anyone know the rumour of what happened at halftime in 2006 in that prelim? A caller rang talkn sport the other day and spoke of an incident at half time and said it cost us the game... Hughes changed the subject real fast and didn't seem keen to talk about it

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the rumour of what happened at halftime in 2006 in that prelim? A caller rang talkn sport the other day and spoke of an incident at half time and said it cost us the game... Hughes changed the subject real fast and didn't seem keen to talk about it
Mason gave it to the Broncos at half time about going to the GF that's all I have heard about it.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mason gave it to the Broncos at half time about going to the GF that's all I have heard about it.
Yeh. He started banging on the walls of the change rooms, g'ing them up.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Apparently Richie Kennar has gone to Souths already....

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
First loss no doubt. But i am happy about this. Shitload better than another year of desball. Good luck Dean, and welcome back
Let's hope he can do a repeat of 2012 and reach finals. Fresh staff, fresh coach, fresh CEO. Seems too fresh not to make the top 4 next year

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

McCracken didn't refuse to play he was kick out because Anderson due off field incendent.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We couldn't really hold out with Warrington circling him so I suppose a quick decision is good for a few reasons, a nine test veteran who has coached under Ricky Stuart the ex Bulldog is on the right track.
Hope he appoints his own staff, Dymock and Grimaldi have done a good job over the years but I would like to see a whole new fresh start.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We couldn't really hold out with Warrington circling him so I suppose a quick decision is good for a few reasons, a nine test veteran who has coached under Ricky Stuart the ex Bulldog is on the right track.
Hope he appoints his own staff, Dymock and Grimaldi have done a good job over the years but I would like to see a whole new fresh start.
I reckon Dymock and Griz would welcome the appointment of Pay cause now they can coach and lead without having to work around Hasler's stats tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.