Bulldogs announce Dean Pay as new Bulldogs coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/09/28/bulldogs_appoint_dea.html

upload_2017-9-28_14-19-56.png

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today announced Dean Pay as the new Head Coach of the club for the next two seasons.

Pay, has a strong connection with the Bulldogs, having played 108 games for the club between 1989-1995, including being part of the 1995 Premiership winning side.

He also had a strong Representative career, playing for New South Wales in 12 State of Origin matches, in addition to 9 Test matches for Australia.

Pay's coaching background is just as impressive.

Having been Assistant Coach under Kevin Walters at the Catalans Dragons in 2009, he was then U20 Coach with the Storm, under Craig Bellamy between 2010-12, followed by Assistant Coaching roles at Parramatta (2013) and Canberra (2014-Present).

Pay's Representative coaching record with the New South Wales State of Origin Under 20's is exemplary, having won all 5 series that he coached in between 2012-16.

Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib was delighted with the appointment: "We are extremely happy to have been able to secure the services of Dean Pay for the next two seasons. Dean, is a Bulldogs man through and through and someone who totally understands the history and tradition of the club. He was an outstanding player with the club and has carried that over into his coaching career, where he has worked under some excellent coaches, as well as showing that he can lead from the front with his superb record with the NSW Under 20's side. We want to bring back the Bulldogs culture of old and feel strongly that Dean is the man to do this."

Pay was excited at what lies ahead: "It's a tremendous honour to be offered the Head Coach's role at a club that I loved playing for. Having learnt under some great coaches I now believe that the time is right for me to step up into the Head Coach's role. The Bulldogs have a great history and tradition and I’m looking forward to the chance to work with a talented group of players, where respect and discipline will be the cornerstones of how we go about our business. The club has great foundations, facilities, staff and an incredible fan base. It is important that we work hard to make our supporters proud."

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm excited and haven't been for 3 years....it's a strange feeling. Really hoping his association with the young SOO players will bring the next crop of talent to our club and fix our image in that regards. Reserve the negativity for when there is a reason for it guys. No-one knows how he will go so let's support him.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know who his assistants will be? Is symock definitely one of them? Is potter coming onboard as well like it was suggested a few days ago?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay was excited at what lies ahead: "It's a tremendous honour to be offered the Head Coach's role at a club that I loved playing for. Having learnt under some great coaches I now believe that the time is right for me to step up into the Head Coach's role. The Bulldogs have a great history and tradition and I’m looking forward to the chance to work with a talented group of players, where respect and discipline will be the cornerstones of how we go about our business. The club has great foundations, facilities, staff and an incredible fan base. It is important that we work hard to make our supporters proud."
He's showed more respect in his first comment to the fans and club then Des did in 6 years!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm excited and haven't been for 3 years....it's a strange feeling. Really hoping his association with the young SOO players will bring the next crop of talent to our club and fix our image in that regards. Reserve the negativity for when there is a reason for it guys. No-one knows how he will go so let's support him.
This is the major reason why i wanted him as coach. 5 years as coach of the junior soo team should mean that our lower grades will improve and hopefully young stars that have been coached by him will want to come to the dogs.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today announced Dean Pay as the new Head Coach of the club for the next two seasons.

Pay, has a strong connection with the Bulldogs, having played 108 games for the club between 1989-1995, including being part of the 1995 Premiership winning side.

He also had a strong Representative career, playing for New South Wales in 12 State of Origin matches, in addition to 9 Test matches for Australia.

Pay's coaching background is just as impressive.

Having been Assistant Coach under Kevin Walters at the Catalans Dragons in 2009, he was then U20 Coach with the Storm, under Craig Bellamy between 2010-12, followed by Assistant Coaching roles at Parramatta (2013) and Canberra (2014-Present).

Pay's Representative coaching record with the New South Wales State of Origin Under 20's is exemplary, having won all 5 series that he coached in between 2012-16.

Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib was delighted with the appointment: "We are extremely happy to have been able to secure the services of Dean Pay for the next two seasons. Dean, is a Bulldogs man through and through and someone who totally understands the history and tradition of the club. He was an outstanding player with the club and has carried that over into his coaching career, where he has worked under some excellent coaches, as well as showing that he can lead from the front with his superb record with the NSW Under 20's side. We want to bring back the Bulldogs culture of old and feel strongly that Dean is the man to do this."

welcome home Dean, we support you at the difficult task, to rebuild the Bulldogs

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still feel bad for Dymock. His career up to date is no worse then pay. Pay has a very bad assistant coaching record. He is at under 40% winning. If we crusify jimmy for being under des why not blast pay for making 1 finals in 7 years across the nrl and esl?

For mine dymock is so well respected at the club and put in the time. He has been back for 13 years as a defensive coach, attacking coach, forwards coach and assistant coach. Fair enough under Hasler he had no input so you can't blame him for performances. He had as much input as castles and dib which was minimal.

Let's not forget he got us within a win or 2 from the top 8 in 11.

If the players came in and supported pay. If dymock didn't want the job. If we interviewed a few candidates and pay was the best I can understand and take it.

But if the players wanted dymock or even if he wanted it and wasn't given the chance then it's another mistake by the club. Let's not forget dymock has a 60% official win ratio in the nrl (ok he has been an nrl coach for 2 mins). If you believe the talk that he took over the last 3 games it's 8 wins from 11 games.

I feel we disrespected dymock and in a rebuilding stage we didn't give him a chance. We could have given him 2 years and if it didn't work out bring pay in (pay should have gone to the uk to prove himself as a head coach).

The closet to the club and the players is dymock. Unless we need an outsider to shake things up a bit or Sunoco didn't want the role then we dropped the ball in my opinion.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
no matter what happens in next 2 years , at least we wont have an over paid coach, on best salaries in the comp, destroying players career and the club.

yeeehhaa!!!!!!!!!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It went very quickly from Dib not speaking to anyone to him appointing a coach. Very hard to trust anything being said atm.

Anyway very happy to have anyone but Hasler on board and looking forward to next season.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
seriously this the most excited i am watching us play since 2012.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ATM it seems like the logical choice, so I'm very happy with the decision. I hope everyone can keep in mind that our roster won't start to be repaired until some overweight contracts end at the end of 2018... I really hope we start to see some young kids getting blooded...

Reactions: TAS
Status
Not open for further replies.