Bulldogs and Corey Harawira-Naera agree to secret ‘play nice’ deal

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Raiders can have the man baby. Who woulda thought JOk would be the mature adult in this...
Don't get it twisted. Okunbor would be straight out the door if the club had its way and if he was even the slightest bit good to get interest from another club.

Only reason he is here is because we can't just sack him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't get it twisted. Okunbor would be straight out the door if the club had its way and if he was even the slightest bit good to get interest from another club.

Only reason he is here is because we can't just sack him.
Why can't we sack him?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because he literally just had his sacking over turned by appeal?...
What? I thought that was to overturn the NRL's decision to deregister him? We kept being told that breaking protocol was a sackable offence, so is that now not a sackable offence or did the media just lie about it in the beginning?

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true it suggests the club f..ked up in some way and they knew it. Did they release him with no real compensation because they were frightened of what he might reveal about their performance or lack of ?

If they would rather release a great player just to avoid him criticising them then that's f..ked and really sucks for fans.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a f..kwit but it just makes me wonder.
I don’t think it’s that bad from the club, & actually I applaud them for doing this.
CHN, good player, but from face value, ratshit of a human being.
Didn’t he leave Penrith during the midst of their sex scandal????
Hhmmmmm

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The secret play nice deal that the media know about one day later. I can imagine the phone call to CHN.

Reporter- Hi Corey, now that the Bulldogs have granted your release will you be willing to talk shit about the club?

CHN- No can do bro. Non disclosure agreement in place and besides I'm busy chasing a root on tinder.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true it suggests the club f..ked up in some way and they knew it. Did they release him with no real compensation because they were frightened of what he might reveal about their performance or lack of ?

If they would rather release a great player just to avoid him criticising them then that's f..ked and really sucks for fans.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a f..kwit but it just makes me wonder.
this isnt a bad thing mate that they did that.... its done everywhere in sports, particularly the EPL... we have had good news this week, several announcements... better to steer clear of anything that might stop that momentum.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Protects the Club , thats all that matters, It may have Been CHN asking for this clause so some of the more crispy details about him dont come out while playing at Canberra

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just glad he’s gone.!! End of.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably don’t want him to bag us out to Cotric when he gets there lol

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably don’t want him to bag us out to Cotric when he gets there lol

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club are probably just trying to stop CHN shooting his mouth off and dragging the clubs name through the mud yet again.

CHN can claim what ever he wants but he fucked up to some degree and he's a Raider now so I couldn't care less what he thinks.

Time to move on.
It would be to stop the clown badmouthing the club to Cotric. Don’t need him feeding tripe to Nick

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He’s gonna regret leaving us you watch.

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score
It would be to stop the clown badmouthing the club to Cotric. Don’t need him feeding tripe to Nick
I must say I'm disappointed at the man himself, being a NZer I had a soft spot for the bloke and was ecstatic when we acquired his services.
The board behaved badly let's just clear that one up, but so did you Corey. What makes it looks so bad for you is that you appear to think only of yourself and how poorly you were treated. Your actions cost the club, the fans, the code and most of all your team mates(remember you were the one that fucked up)and it took a teenager in the same position as you, who brought shame upon his mother who loves him and the club, to show you how it is to be a man . A man admits his faults and then does all he can to rite that wrong(Little life lesson here Corey the world judges us by our actions not our words, and all actions have consequences.) There are world's apart in the responses from both you and Jayden surrounding these events, so through your actions your a disgrace to the game and I'm glad none of my children look up to you,your no role model. As a club we needed you, you were wanted
I say all this not to shame you, but if you can live with what youve done then as a club we are better off without you. Your behavior reminds me of my 7 yr old stamping her feet trying to get her own way . You simply lack character, I love this club but more importantly how could you do that to your team mate's.
On a personal level I believe you are a coward. The truth is you want to be in a team that regularly wins.
That said I sincerely wish you all the best. We are rebuilding and it's good to know now that the players who are in it for themselves are not welcome here.
Enjoy the Raiders I honestly hope you have a long and successful career I'm just glad it's not here