Bulldogs and Corey Harawira-Naera agree to secret ‘play nice’ deal

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true it suggests the club f..ked up in some way and they knew it. Did they release him with no real compensation because they were frightened of what he might reveal about their performance or lack of ?

If they would rather release a great player just to avoid him criticising them then that's f..ked and really sucks for fans.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a f..kwit but it just makes me wonder.

Bulldogs and Corey Harawira-Naera agree to secret ‘play nice’ deal

THE Bulldogs and Corey Harawira-Naera have agreed to a secret clause which will prevent either party from rubbishing the other as part of the back-rowers release to sign with the Raiders.

Harawira-Naera has agreed to a two and a half year deal to join the Raiders immediately as a replacement for John Bateman, which could be announced as early as Friday.

The release not only prevents Harawira-Naera from playing against the Bulldogs in round 16, it will stop both him and the Bulldogs from criticising one another.

The Bulldogs officially released Harawira-Naera on Thursday but will keep winger Jayden Okunbor at the club.

“Jayden expressed his desire to remain at Belmore and apologised unreservedly to the club and the wider rugby league community for the harm he had caused to all parties,” the Bulldogs said in a statement.

“He has since undergone counselling as part of his rehabilitation and has pledged to offer his time to be involved in a full reintegration into the Bulldogs community program.

Corey Harawira-Naera will join the Raiders immediately. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
“Corey also apologised for his actions to all parties concerned, however, after further discussion with the player it was felt that in the best interests of both parties he get a fresh start away from Belmore.”

Chair Lynne Anderson said “at the end of those conversations it became clear that while Jayden very much wanted to be given a second chance at Belmore”.

“We totally understand that the behaviour that took place was unacceptable, we also looked at the opportunity for a second chance and for the ability of the individuals to redeem themselves,” Anderson said.

Last edited by a moderator:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders paid the reported back pay for chn as part of the deal too.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to the Raiders and CHN. The decision has been made now and there's no point stewing over it. As Bulldogs fans there's a lot to be excited about for whats to occur over the next season or two. Again good luck to CHN and the Raiders, he should be a good fit with the systems they have in place and their game style should be able to utilise CHN's strengths as a ball playing back-rower.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raiders can have the man baby. Who woulda thought JOk would be the mature adult in this...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Non-disparagement clauses are fairly common where release/termination of employment is concerned. The club doesn’t need further negativity around this issue played out in the media.
But if the club was at fault we deserve to know. It would be very interesting to hear what happened from his point of view. If the club admin is trying to hide the truth even then that's suggests they didn't handle the situation well at all - and they know it (but they don't want us fans / members to know it).

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck what he says. He broke team rules, sure he didn't do anything illegal but it's not like the club stopped him from playing, it was the NRL.

Never liked the bloke when he kept going on about crying to Gus about leaving the Panthers and how he would go back one day.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But if the club was at fault we deserve to know. It would be very interesting to hear what happened from his point of view. If the club admin is trying to hide the truth even then that's suggests they didn't handle the situation well at all - and they know it (but they don't want us fans / members to know it).
The club are probably just trying to stop CHN shooting his mouth off and dragging the clubs name through the mud yet again.

CHN can claim what ever he wants but he fucked up to some degree and he's a Raider now so I couldn't care less what he thinks.

Time to move on.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What if he insisted on the NDA, because he was afraid what would be revealed about his past indiscretions, at my count it's 3 and that's just with us (one not disclosed, one with a school teacher and one with a school girl). He maybe has more to lose reputation wise than we do.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to the Raiders and CHN. The decision has been made now and there's no point stewing over it. As Bulldogs fans there's a lot to be excited about for whats to occur over the next season or two. Again good luck to CHN and the Raiders, he should be a good fit with the systems they have in place and their game style should be able to utilise CHN's strengths as a ball playing back-rower.
IMO I think we should make it as hard as we can for the Raiders and they should pay like we did for what happened. It's totally unfair that the start to our season was totally spoilt and what we even had to give CHN back pay possibly for a decision made by the f..king NRL and then the NRL give the Raiders (and other clubs) perfect timing for the appeal hearing for the players to walk out on us when we desperately need them. Raiders and their sponsors should cop the same shit as we did.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if he insisted on the NDA, because he was afraid what would be revealed about his past indiscretions, at my count it's 3 and that's just with us (one not disclosed, one with school teacher and one with a school girl). He maybe has more to lose reputation wise than we do.

Go Dogs
But he already got what he wanted by being released it seems

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IMO I think we should make it as hard as we can for the Raiders and they should pay like we did for what happened. It's totally unfair that the start to our season was totally spoilt and what we even had to give CHN back pay possibly for a decision made by the f..king NRL and then the NRL give the Raiders (and other clubs) perfect timing for the appeal hearing for the players to walk out on us when we desperately need them. Raiders and their sponsors should cop the same shit as we did.
We have so much to look forward too, there's suddenly light at the end of the tunnel. Why should we spend any more time on CHN or any other player who isn't at the Bulldogs? Good luck to these guys for joining opposition teams. I'd never wish bad on anyone but I also don't want to waste my time and energy on those who aren't staying on as part of the journey to come.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't care anymore, just hurry up and move Hoppa to the backrow and announce our new fullback signing.
Jamil Hoppa has a better chance of playing back row with us bro..

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s a good thing when you see the dribble Matterson has been carrying on with in the media against the tigers and the tigers back at him.