Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The longer term contract is just a guarantee hed get bigger pay out if things dont work out. People been saying he has big potential and the club is a big risk for a coach. Imo its fair to have that guarantee given the equation.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
5 year deal shows we have invested into our long term future which gives the players we need to resign ie Burton the confidence to do so and also attracts the players from rival clubs as they know we have stability and aren’t a meme club like the Tigers.

The board are no longer splintered into factions. Gus runs the show, we now have a long term coach and the players will be fitter than they’ve been in years …plus we will be better defensively under Ciraldo

Fkn happy days

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
For me it makes the club look weak in negotiations. We had to offer a rookie coach a 5 year deal where 3 years would have been plenty.

The contract works in Ciraldo’s advantage because he gets paid out if he doesn’t see it out, we can spend our money on better things imo. I don’t remember a coach seeing out their contract under Gus at Penrith.

Anyway I’m hoping he works out as a genuine long term coach for us and we don’t need to worry but after so many disappointments I’ll just see how things go over the next few years.
True. We should cross that bridge if and when we get to it.

Until then, I'm hoping for Cleary 2.0 and not Baz 2.0.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Worst case scenario would be budgeted for, as would best case.

If he gets payed out at any time it won’t be for the base figure he signed for, and if he gets us to Top 4, Top 2, a Premiership he’ll be getting more the base figure he signed for.

And both will be budgeted.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be very interesting who they put around him. Surely Potter gets the reserves job. He would ensure we have actual footballers coming through

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Player wise may be stupid. But who cares about a coaches contract? Well unless you sign sticky dicky for 10 years.

Plus we are loaded and coaches aren't counted in the cap so what's the actual problem?

PS don't expect anything under a 5 year contract for Bomber. Club is pushing hard for 5 years.
Makes sense to lock Burton in for 5, the more quality we put around him, the better and more consistent he will perform. Locking a coach in for 5 gives stability and will attract/retain players. I reckon Ciraldo is exactly what we need.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
View attachment 58094

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased to announce that Cameron Ciraldo has been appointed as NRL Head Coach for five (5) seasons, commencing in 2023.

As the Club continues to build for long-term sustained success, we are pleased Cameron shares the vision of ensuring our football programs are best-in-class.

With respect to Cameron and the Penrith Panthers, we will not be making any further comment until the end of the season.

Just nuts.

Another season of mediocrity again next year. An L Plate coach with huge raps - we’ve seen this before.

I can see it now - next year will be garbage and everybody will be cutting him slack - “it’s not his squad”, “let him build his squad”, “he needs time”…

Has he even taken lower grades to finals? I certainly hope so?? What’s his pedigree other than being assistant to Cleary during a successful patch for Penrith?

We need an experienced coach with a track record of success at this level.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just nuts.

Another season of mediocrity again next year. An L Plate coach with huge raps - we’ve seen this before.

I can see it now - next year will be garbage and everybody will be cutting him slack - “it’s not his squad”, “let him build his squad”, “he needs time”…

Has he even taken lower grades to finals? I certainly hope so?? What’s his pedigree other than being assistant to Cleary during a successful patch for Penrith?

There's no cutting slack next year. We have to be competing for the 8. If we're bottom 4 and not competing for the 8 until the end of the season there will be massive pressure on him.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just nuts.

When have we seen this before and who was the better option?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Staff cap only matters how much we are paying him. If it doesn't work out, we move onto the next one. I have faith that Gus will put all the pieces around Ciraldo to be a success.
We should be playing finals next season, and pushing top 4 the following season. Sacked if not.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should be playing finals next season, and pushing top 4 the following season. Sacked if not.
We should be top 8 next year, wevsre a prop and a half short of a squad to push for 4th regardless of coach

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy with the news. Signing arguably the most in demand young coach in the game is quite an accomplishment considering how bad we have been lately. I'll let the people who know what's written in the contract worry about that side of things.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We should be top 8 next year, wevsre a prop and a half short of a squad to push for 4th regardless of coach
Gus has had more than enough time to get a prop so I won't cop that excuse lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just nuts.

The sky is falling!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score