Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can someone who is worried about the length of 5 year contract, explain to me why you are actually worried? I honestly can't see a genuine problem there.

Coaches contracts aren't worth the paper they are signed on. Plus we are loaded and don't care about payouts.

Guarantee he will either be booted or extended 2 years into his contract.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can someone who is worried about the length of 5 year contract, can you explain to me why you are actually worried?

Coaches contracts aren't worth the paper they are signed on. Plus we are loaded and don't care about payouts.

Because long-term contracts are stupid in the NRL. I also made fun of the Tigers offering him a 5 year deal so..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because long-term contracts are stupid in the NRL. I also made fun of the Tigers offering him a 5 year deal so..
Player wise may be stupid. But who cares about a coaches contract? Well unless you sign sticky dicky for 10 years.

Plus we are loaded and coaches aren't counted in the cap so what's the actual problem?

PS don't expect anything under a 5 year contract for Bomber. Club is pushing hard for 5 years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Player wise may be stupid. But who cares about a coaches contract? Well unless you sign sticky dicky for 10 years.

Plus we are loaded and coaches aren't counted in the cap so what's the actual problem?

PS don't expect anything under a 5 year contract for Bomber. Club is pushing hard for 5 years.
There's a staff cap now though?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone who is worried about the length of 5 year contract, explain to me why you are actually worried? I honestly can't see a genuine problem there.

To me it’s more because it’s given to a coach who has not been a head coach.. Contracts cut short just cause more instability..look at the last few years.. Anyway time will tell my man..

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Agree, I'm OK with a 5 year deal. At least we won't be going through the media shitshow every 2-3 years about whether our coach will be re-signed. It should also provide some consistency for the players and for us as fans.

Has anyone put up a "Sack Ciraldo" thread as yet?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To me it’s more because it’s given to a coach who has not been a head coach.. Contracts cut short just cause more instability..look at the last few years.. Anyway time will tell my man..
Let's just wait and see bro.

At least it's public now. Onwards and upwards.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The untested Crichton. Maybe he will be good with a full off-season?
Can’t stand the guy
Massively overrated by the likes of mark Geyer and Ryan girdler whom are rusted on penriffff boys

had a shocker in origin and should never have been picked

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a staff cap now though?
It’s a soft cap mate with coaches. And the fact that we signed him for 5 years has nothing to do with it.

I thought you would be smart enough to realise the 5 year deal is what got him over the line

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agree, I'm OK with a 5 year deal. At least we won't be going through the media shitshow every 2-3 years about whether our coach will be re-signed. It should also provide some consistency for the players and for us as fans.

Has anyone put up a "Sack Ciraldo" thread as yet?
Yeah but got deleted.

But if we don't win 80-0 in our first trail then sack the dud lol

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Hahah i can believe some of our fans actually thought we wanted Flanagan snr when his son is pure garbage that just proves you no nothing club went with ciraldo much better person we want to win not look after kids that cry

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

For me it makes the club look weak in negotiations. We had to offer a rookie coach a 5 year deal where 3 years would have been plenty.

The contract works in Ciraldo’s advantage because he gets paid out if he doesn’t see it out, we can spend our money on better things imo. I don’t remember a coach seeing out their contract under Gus at Penrith.

Anyway I’m hoping he works out as a genuine long term coach for us and we don’t need to worry but after so many disappointments I’ll just see how things go over the next few years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s a soft cap mate with coaches. And the fact that we signed him for 5 years has nothing to do with it.

I thought you would be smart enough to realise the 5 year deal is what got him over the line
I don't care, I'm fucking sick of Penrith. Fuck Penrith.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can’t stand the guy
Massively overrated by the likes of mark Geyer and Ryan girdler whom are rusted on penriffff boys

had a shocker in origin and should never have been picked
He definately has had a bludger of a year this year, especially compared to last year.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy with 5 years as long as we make the top 8 each year