Bulldogs aim to improve in attack

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I guess some press time is mandatory but I’d prefer they just knuckle down and do their talking on the field come March.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just get us some repeat sets ffs and do something with the last tackle option.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we go with Lewis and Cogger in the halves our attacking ceiling is very low you can do all the work you want in the off season but there won't be that much improvement.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with basically the same team from the end of last season, the pressure will be right on from the word go, dean pay and his staff will have no excuses nothing to hide behind

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does Latrell Mitchell score many points?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
with basically the same team from the end of last season, the pressure will be right on from the word go, dean pay and his staff will have no excuses nothing to hide behind
They have plenty to hide behind. The problem is they're talking up the season/expectations.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very unlikely our young halves are suddenly going to create a heap of tries next season or maybe thereafter and not much talent available on the open market for halves. Best we can do is bring in some players who can break tackles and create something from nothing (like Fifita). I just looked at the NRL stats on tackle breaks (see link below). Fifita was 4th in the comp. Was surprised to see Dugan at number 3.

We only had 1 (Hopa) in the top 50. Roosters had 5, Storm 6, Raiders 4.

https://www.nrl.com/stats/players/?competition=111&season=2019&stat=29

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's very unlikely our young halves are suddenly going to create a heap of tries next season or maybe thereafter and not much talent available on the open market for halves. Best we can do is bring in some players who can break tackles and create something from nothing (like Fifita). I just looked at the NRL stats on tackle breaks (see link below). Fifita was 4th in the comp. Was surprised to see Dugan at number 3.

Fifita isn't coming for next season we are only going to win games the same way as we did last season. We have to keep teams to under 20 points or less and grind out results.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When starting a thread please put the content of the article and not just a link.

Thanks.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to be, "That guy" but we have heard it all before.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

We only had 1 (Hopa) in the top 50. Roosters had 5, Storm 6, Raiders 4.

The thing is, we don't NEED our halves to score "a heap more tries". Would it be more ENTERTAINING? Certainly. But entertainment is not necessary for wins. A win by 1 point is worth the same as a win by 40. Just looking at last season we had 8 losses by 8 points or less. 4 of those were by 6 or less, so a single try added per game at LEAST gets us to golden point in those 4 games. So yes, the players DO need to work on their attack: more points are easier to defend. I just don't think we were THAT far off the mark, especially after the team largely settled itself, albeit too late...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds positive, but we’ve heard this time and time again.. round 1 we need to go an put a score on, and then continue. At least we have a good halves coach to help the boys out.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this on repeat?