Reaction score
Everything old is new again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Except this time we’ve recruited quality, proven players
Interesting read. More of our false hopes and dreams of the past in 2018 and 2021 season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
CHN only good player out of that lot and we let him go for nothing while still under contract. The rest were depth players or not good enough. That whole article is depressing to read.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to Rhyse Martin?

Is he actually playing well in the ESL? Is anyone surprised not a single club here has tried to signhim

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What ever happened to Rhyse Martin?

Is he actually playing well in the ESL? Is anyone surprised not a single club here has tried to signhim
I thought he was decent with us (least of our worries on the field) but was out of favour and I just assumed it was an attitude issue (which is where you need a strong coach, otherwise you get situations like Reimis and Atoni and another club benefits).

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many cleanouts do they want ?
The 19 Bulldogs took a few scalps as giant killers, what happens when you train them up.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rhys should have been retained. Fell out with Dean Pay who I surmise, from his selections, couldn’t spot football talent if he walked into it. Rhys went to Leeds Rhynos and is still in their team, winning a couple of super league premierships with that top club.

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rhys should have been retained. Fell out with Dean Pay who I surmise, from his selections, couldn’t spot football talent if he walked into it. Rhys went to Leeds Rhynos and is still in their team, winning a couple of super league premierships with that top club.
Damn straight we should have hung onto him.
He’ll be back in the NRL before his career is over, almost certainly somewhere in Qld (new franchise?) and not with the Dogs.
Bloody good goal kicker, amongst his other talents.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck 19-21, dead an buried LONG ago, bring on 22.!!!

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everything old is new again.

You can't compare the recruitment of 2019 to the one we have for 2022 for a number of reasons. In 2019 we lost a bunch of experience in the Morris bros and Klemmer whilst we recruited 2 first graders and a bunch of juniors/reserve graders cause we were still under the salary cap pinch so we needed to make cheap signings. Simply put; our outgoings were better than our incomings.

In 2022 we have recruited 2 world class players and 4 genuine first graders. And we have let go of a bunch of reserve graders. Our incomings are significantly better than our outgoings. I'd say the 2022 recruitment drive is more akin to that of 2009 where we brought in J Morris, Kimorley, Ennis, Stagg, Hannant, Eastwood. Not saying we will do as well as we did in 2009 but its more comparable as a recruitment drive than 2019.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man Rhys..... That one hurt one of the few bright spots of the last 2-3 years so dangerous on the edge and was a top goal kicker.