Bulldogs’ teen freak Paul Alamoti runs riot with insane assist, try double against Roosters

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pulltits was at Belmore for a reason !
The kid is one of the brightest if not the brightest talent to emerge from our juniors for over a decade.
So, your solution is to let him go without even giving him an incentive to stay ?
so you can still sign him to a contract. you are not going to waste a top30 spot on someone who can not play this year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Isn’t that Sualaii guy in roosters top 30 ?
they are applying for an exemption so that is different. If we were doing the same thing with the intent of playing him in first grade then for sure. let him play ball and then flegg this year before everyone starts get a hard on about him. Definitely has the talent but lets not rush him.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are applying for an exemption so that is different. If we were doing the same thing with the intent of playing him in first grade then for sure. let him play ball and then flegg this year before everyone starts get a hard on about him. Definitely has the talent but lets not rush him.
I say jump the gun and take the risk and lock him up with a first grade contract before anyone else does coz I’m sure if he has a couple more performances like that someone else will

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I say jump the gun and take the risk and lock him up with a first grade contract before anyone else does coz I’m sure if he has a couple more performances like that someone else will
im sure they are looking towards that for next year, he is already training with the NRL squad in pre season so he is being looked after.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure they are looking towards that for next year, he is already training with the NRL squad in pre season so he is being looked after.
I really hope so I just don’t want to let talent like this go we have been there before I’d hate for it to happen again.

Reactions: GDR

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s already contracted for 22 so I don’t know why they would “fast track” him. While JK is chairman we won’t lose players like Alamoti he was the driving force behind building the juniors back up again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
8f they change the rules for Suaali we may have a chance.
Suaali is around 5 months older than Alamoti so I doubt we will push for an exemption and just wait until next season. I assume the plan is to promote him to Flegg this season and see how he does from there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s already contracted for 22 so I don’t know why they would “fast track” him. While JK is chairman we won’t lose players like Alamoti he was the driving force behind building the juniors back up again.
More money.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
100% correct, let him move through the grades.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not like the club has just discovered the kid can play after yesterday. They have had a plan and contract to go with it sorted for a while.
Yeah so did South Sydney until they were forced to release Joseph Suaalii from the final year of his contract.......fuck the tri colours and fuck Pulltitties

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah so did South Sydney until they were forced to release Joseph Suaalii from the final year of his contract.......fuck the tri colours and fuck Pulltitties
People are losing their shit over one game and are now paranoid about losing him. The Dogs have it under control and are handling it perfectly IMO. The person I spoke to who is involved with the juniors said Alamoti loves being here and him and his parents are impressed with everything the club has sorted out so far.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree. It’s really starting to tear the comp apart. Seems the whole nrl are roosters feeder club. The nrl want know why numbers are dropping. There are lots reasons to there credit there addressing. But. Tribalism is dying. And it’s that exact reason the system is designed to benefit the roosters who pick the eyes out other teams. It’s a disgrace. There are several options to grow the game and make them accountable instead just financial

Reactions: GDR

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like Spoonman, I'm much more confident in keeping our best prospects moving forward with Khoury, Barrett and Laundy etc at the helm. As has been proven with our recruitment drive since those three took over, we're a club that is attractive to players again.

Far too many young talented players get hyped up by the media and rushed into FG too early. I know Alamoti is a freak talent but let's just let him dominate Flegg and see how things go before the end of the year before we worry about FG or other clubs poaching him. I'm sure the club will do everything they can to upgrade his deal when the time is right and before other clubs start circling.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would be interesting to hear how Alamoti went in the intra club 13 on 13 the other week.