Bulldog Ritchie reporting Matt Burton has itchy feet.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just saw on NRL Tonight that if Matt Burton cannot secure regular game time at the Penny Panthers, he will start testing the market. I say sign the kid up ASAP. Thoughts?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will be starting 6 by the end of season, possibly this week. I'd happily take him though, has some size, pace and a strong kicking game. Wonder how big he will end up though, could be the new Wade Graham in a few years.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw on NRL Tonight that if Matt Burton cannot secure regular game time at the Penny Panthers, he will start testing the market. I say sign the kid up ASAP. Thoughts?
U would think that hes been spoken about. I wouldnt waste any time, get him on the cheap ASAP.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
May as well. Seems a rather promising talent.!!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will be starting 6 by the end of season, possibly this week. I'd happily take him though, has some size, pace and a strong kicking game. Wonder how big he will end up though, could be the new Wade Graham in a few years.
size
pace
strong kicking game
can organise if needed
linkman to outside backs
not afraid to have a crack
kennel: nah we'll take lewis, hes so close to a breakout game

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really like this kid. Very mature for his age, both playing ability and mindset.

Him missing 5 Field Goals last week actually shows a lot of positive qualities about him. Most rookie halves, in their first chance to really prove themselves might take a field goal and miss and end up getting scared of going for it a second time, thus placing the onus onto somebody else. By putting his hand up to take the field goal everytime, I think Burton definitely showed his maturity and that he was willing to take the responsibility rather than dump it onto somebody else (maybe luai?)

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t see us signing Burton if we keep Foran. We have Lewis and Wakeham signed for next season already and Burton would most likely ask for guarantees around game time before considering us.
I’m not saying he doesn’t look like a good option though and could be a gun in the right system

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a very good player. But I can't see Penrith letting him leave. If he's somehow available, the club should definitely pursue him but I doubt he is.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the type of signing our club should be making a priority

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Penny have some good talent in halves .Cant keep luai ,burton and cleary and May id imagine .
Something has to give and id be keen on picking up luai or burton but we actually have some of our own talent in wakeham ,Bailey odo and even Averillo .
I say stick with what we have and nurture bailey biondo-odo and whilst pairing Wakeham with Foran on a reduced contract for couple years .
Then we can concentrate on a gun FB ,Centre,Hooker ,dynamic second rower and killer winger even .
Penny have these players but we actually see them because they have needed to give a run due to injury ,suspension etc but that has blessing sometimes .

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if matt molan has itchy feet, take him to a podiatrist, hes never lived up the hype around him

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
size
pace
strong kicking game
can organise if needed
linkman to outside backs
not afraid to have a crack
kennel: nah we'll take lewis, hes so close to a breakout game
According to the kennel Lewis is all that and has the hair flick to top it off.

Waste of money, I’m sure they’d rather extend holland and top up Jackson and Lewis again :p

but I think any kid that isn’t getting a starting spot should be targeted. Whether it’s this guy, hoy pinnoi or what ever his name is From Newcastle. Or even that young kid from the broncos that struggles to make the 17.

I think if you offer them a starting role they’ll be dumb not to consider it. Even for the short term.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can’t see us signing Burton if we keep Foran. We have Lewis and Wakeham signed for next season already and Burton would most likely ask for guarantees around game time before considering us.
I’m not saying he doesn’t look like a good option though and could be a gun in the right system
If we're still considering Lewis as an option in the halves next season then we have massive issues.