News Bulldog Lafai keen on Barrett NRL rebuild

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a ball playing centre and can create opportunity for a speedy winger outside him.
With Hoppa returning in the centres, we will have another one

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol, no he does not, I never said he said that, it’s unspoken words. And I guarantee he always loved this club and how he feels.. well that will show an come out once we see his performance etc. again until he proves me wrong I believe what I believe and actions will speak if that’s how it is.!!
Sorry scoooby, you can put a turd on a silver platter and call it caviar but it doesn't make it so. If Lafai truly had love for the Dogs and our jersey, I believe he would have said so. Just my opinion.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that gives me goosebumps, touches the heart, finally hearing a little from Lafai, and under Barrett he could do very well, wanting to be a permanent player and back at home in the blue and white is great for him, he is where he belongs and I HOPE he plays well, winds back the clock and TBAZ keeps him. Would love for him to be part of the rebuild :hearteyes:

It’s a feel good story. With all the other positives, it’ just seems to work!! You can all give me shit now an laugh,but one of our boys are back, and at least we know he has passion for the bulldogs, give him a chance to prove himself before bagging him.!!!

he will get my full support until he proves he’s not worthy of it.
Lafai at his best is a country mile better than Holland and Montoya, I remember one year he was breaking tackles at will and even outshone JMoz for most of that season. Even at his worst he's still better than those two.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lafai has no place at the club beyond this season. And if he does it should be seen that we are still a struggling team.

guy was never a superstar but wasn’t too bad. Slots right in to our backline for the rest of the year. But fingers crossed we have something better for next season. He is no more then a fill in these days.
I saw the signing as a depth one.
Hopefully they let holland go and he takes his spot.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Big M Lafai looked to be training at left centre in those drills?
Just adds to the mystery doesn’t it Right centre is normally the stronger defender as teams attack better to the left.So now Averillo has to forge a new combination on the right.Lol I give up and will just drink my beer

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just going to hope for him to rekindle some of his strong form from his younger days. I always thought he had a good play ready for important games. And let's face it, every game remaining for this year is important. He's playing for his career and if his form shines and we extend the contract beyond this season, he's going to be handy whether as depth or a regular top 17 player. It's not like we're stacked with NRL ready centres. So the emphasis is on him to justify giving him a new contract. I look forward to seeing what he provides for the remainder of the year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon he’ll play well. If we don’t sign another centre it will be him and Cotric next year so at least we don’t have to go with Holland / Montoya again. The fact there was no reserve grade this year or 20s it means a lot of our younger options will be under done next year and that plays into Lafai’s favour.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just remembered the Lafai Perrett combo.....where Perrett used to come flying in and getting caught up in no man's land. Hopefully he works well with DWZ..
i went to Perrets last game. When it was over he walked over to the crowd for some mutual applause as he entered retirement. As he came past us a bloke sitting next to us yelled out ‘NOW you can come off your fuckin’ wing Perret’.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Rated Lafai highly before he left, but the only way he stays on is if we consider him the weakest link in the backline after all the other signings, otherwise we’ll be going back to the future.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worth letting go of holland/montoya having lafai/shouppe as reserve grade /back up centres next year

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just remembered the Lafai Perrett combo.....where Perrett used to come flying in and getting caught up in no man's land. Hopefully he works well with DWZ..
Does that remind you of anyone!?!
Knockonbor!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did he even say anything about barrett?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200729-215533.png

Welcome home Tim.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep lafai, foran, dallin, smith, cotric. the kennels team. Pay looks smart compared to some on here.
If this happens god help america.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry scoooby, you can put a turd on a silver platter and call it caviar but it doesn't make it so. If Lafai truly had love for the Dogs and our jersey, I believe he would have said so. Just my opinion.
Actually mate he has said it, just not in those exact /or so many words, if you listen to his vid and read a little between the lines it’s all there, and he will show it through action an game play on the field.. he will give 110%.!!