Bulldog goal kickers

Status
Not open for further replies.

a doggie

A Doggie
Reaction score
ive been thinking of some of our greatest goal kickers and wondered about people thoughts of who they thought were our best. the obvious ones being of course El masri and Halligan of recent years, i remember thinking that Ross conlon was a very good goal kicker.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
ive been thinking of some of our greatest goal kickers and wondered about people thoughts of who they thought were our best. the obvious ones being of course El masri and Halligan of recent years, i remember thinking that Ross conlon was a very good goal kicker.
steve menzies is better than both, he has 100% record.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
:whacky: :whacky: nice comment kimlo

a doggie

A Doggie
Reaction score
hazem will go down as a true great can kick and looking at his record knows where the try line is. use to think that ridge was the best kicker i had seen, then i felt halligan was a more consistent kicker then came a player with talent to not only kick a goal from anywhere but sniff out a try with skill and class.

flano

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ross Conlon actually taught at my Primary School in Wagga when I was in about Year 3. I remember seeing him practice goal kicking on the school oval. I don't know that he would have made first grade without his goal kicking. The same can't be said of Halligan and El Masri.

a doggie

A Doggie
Reaction score
who out of halligan and el masri would you have in your side. i think that halligan was a solid winger, not much pace but always reliable. Elmasri would be my choice seems to have more attacking ability and good under the high ball.
cant really remember whow good a player conlon was but do remember thinker to myself that he was better than most of his era

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
Refer to sig below. Halligan was probably the better kicker, but El Masri offered a little something more as far as speed, anticipation & defence goes. Steve Gearin wasn't too bad either.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
El Masri has definitly been the better footballer, but in saying that he probably would have made the Bulldogs teams over the years without having to be a goal kicker. and he's a freak. Sometimes I wish he had been thrown in at 5/8 or even hooker for longer then the 7 minutes he spent their in 99 against the dragons just to see what he could do...I reckon he would have been great.

Halligan was told when he got to Canterbury that he was 'going to learn how to play football' and he wasn't just called 'The Rock' by Vautin and co because it was a cute name, he was quite solid in defence, good under the high ball and good at getting in and taking the hard yards when the forwards need a rest.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can't compare Conlon with Hazem & Halligan.

Conlon .. Pig skin ball; sand mound, muddy fields, long range goals. Would kick anywhere within his own half, even kicked one from 55m out.

Halligan.. similar to Conlon, however, got to use synthetic ball & kicking tee later in his career.

Hazem has had the benefit of better fields, synthetic ball, kicking tee, and generally does not go past 35m.

Overall, I think Conlon would have been phenominal given the technological advances in league over the past 15 odd years.

Stay Loyal

Waterboy
Reaction score
for mine El Magic and Halligan as top two, but I use to love Gavin Hill, he was not a bad kicker, solid prop also

chrisz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Halligan is the best goalkicker that has ever played Rugby League.
That goal that he kicked in the 1998 semi against Parra was the best pressure kick that I have seen in League or Union.

N

nuffnuffs

I was wondering about G/Kicking after Haz, Do you all think it will be Ennis who gets the job after Haz?

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Halligan is the best goalkicker that has ever played Rugby League.
That goal that he kicked in the 1998 semi against Parra was the best pressure kick that I have seen in League or Union.
Yeah i agree with that

Status
Not open for further replies.