Bulldog fans pleads guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...-a-souths-jersey/story-fni0cx12-1227324665602

A CANTERBURY Bulldogs fan has admitted it was cowardly to attack a South Sydney Rabbitohs supporter based on the colour of his jersey following the club’s Good Friday loss at ANZ Stadium.

Nektarios Kalaitzakis was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm after he shoulder charged 21-year-old Mathew Makaritis from behind after the match.

The physiotherapy student suffered a large cut above his eye and was taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for treatment.

Mr Kalaitzakis was fined $1000 and issued a good behaviour bond by Magistrate Still at Burwood Local Court this morning.

Outside court he repeatedly said he was “very sorry” for the incident.
facts said the attack on Mr Makaritis was “totally unprovoked.”

“When asked to describe the victim the accused stated: ‘I hit him from behind and that was a cowardly attack. I don’t know what the poor boy looked like from the front I just saw a South Sydney jersey’,” the facts say.

“When asked why he chose the victim the accused said: ‘I guess after the game emotions ran a little high. It’s not an excuse but I was copping it a bit from certain South Sydney fans’.”

Mr Kalaitzakis’ Legal Aid lawyer Matthew Smith said he his client was “extremely remorseful” and that the incident was out of character.

Outside court the Wiley Park resident repeatedly said he was “very sorry” for the incident.

Mr Makaritis was also in court for the brief mention yesterday, supported by his parents Dora and Michael.
The Croyden Park resident said was he knocked out after the attack, which left him with pain in his arms and a scar on his head.

“As long as the guy who has done this now has learned from his lesson that’s all that matters,” he said.

“I'm just lucky that there’s nothing seriously wrong with me.”
The grand final rematch was marred by violence as fans hurled bottles and other projectiles on to the field after a controversial last-minute penalty to the Rabbitohs giving the Bunnies an 18-17 win.

A touch judge suffered a fractured shoulder blade as he fell while running to safety.

Following the match, police released imaged of 13 people who they wanted to speak with over the projectile throwing incidents.
Five have since come forward to speak to police and are facing lifetime bans from the NRL.

Mr Kalaitzakis was one of two men arrested and charged with assault after the game.

A second man was charged over an unrelated domestic violence incident.

An interchange official suffered a fractured shoulder blade as he fell while running to safety.

Thoughts??

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
looks like The Bali boys will be page 2 news tomorrow

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy who shoulder charged the souffs guy is a complete idiot and exactly th sort of person that gives us good doggies supporters bad names. We do not beed this idiot supporting canterbury, i hope he vanishes from any future games and to be perfectly honest he should have been punished more. Accidents happen and incidents like this happen, completely unprovoked...a massive coward and idiot!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's "fan" by the way. Not "fans".

This incident alone will get more coverage than the whole WSW fiasco from the weekend.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thanks. Move along. This story has been done to death now

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they do , they will nail two birds with one stone if that's the case ( pardon the pun ) because the Greek name Makaritis translates to "the late" as in deceased.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
An interchange official suffered a fractured shoulder blade as he fell while running to safety.
That sounds way cooler than, he slipped over while dodging a plastic water bottle that was thrown in disgust as he walked back into the sheds, which is actually what happened.

Is this really still a story? Thought we dodged the bad PR when our CEO took a guilty plea on every single charge that game, guess the no contest didn't help, what a shock.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's "fan" by the way. Not "fans".

This incident alone will get more coverage than the whole WSW fiasco from the weekend.
Is that the same "Bulldog fan" who red thumbed me for my uncovered meat joke

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they do , they will nail two birds with one stone if that's the case ( pardon the pun ) because the Greek name Makaritis translates to "the late" as in deceased.
wow that's a creepy surname to have.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...-a-souths-jersey/story-fni0cx12-1227324665602

A CANTERBURY Bulldogs fan has admitted it was cowardly to attack a South Sydney Rabbitohs supporter based on the colour of his jersey following the club’s Good Friday loss at ANZ Stadium.

Nektarios Kalaitzakis was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm after he shoulder charged 21-year-old Mathew Makaritis from behind after the match.

The physiotherapy student suffered a large cut above his eye and was taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for treatment.

Mr Kalaitzakis was fined $1000 and issued a good behaviour bond by Magistrate Still at Burwood Local Court this morning.

Outside court he repeatedly said he was “very sorry” for the incident.
facts said the attack on Mr Makaritis was “totally unprovoked.”

“When asked to describe the victim the accused stated: ‘I hit him from behind and that was a cowardly attack. I don’t know what the poor boy looked like from the front I just saw a South Sydney jersey’,” the facts say.

“When asked why he chose the victim the accused said: ‘I guess after the game emotions ran a little high. It’s not an excuse but I was copping it a bit from certain South Sydney fans’.”

Mr Kalaitzakis’ Legal Aid lawyer Matthew Smith said he his client was “extremely remorseful” and that the incident was out of character.

Outside court the Wiley Park resident repeatedly said he was “very sorry” for the incident.

Mr Makaritis was also in court for the brief mention yesterday, supported by his parents Dora and Michael.
The Croyden Park resident said was he knocked out after the attack, which left him with pain in his arms and a scar on his head.

“As long as the guy who has done this now has learned from his lesson that’s all that matters,” he said.

“I'm just lucky that there’s nothing seriously wrong with me.”
The grand final rematch was marred by violence as fans hurled bottles and other projectiles on to the field after a controversial last-minute penalty to the Rabbitohs giving the Bunnies an 18-17 win.

A touch judge suffered a fractured shoulder blade as he fell while running to safety.

Following the match, police released imaged of 13 people who they wanted to speak with over the projectile throwing incidents.
Five have since come forward to speak to police and are facing lifetime bans from the NRL.

Mr Kalaitzakis was one of two men arrested and charged with assault after the game.

A second man was charged over an unrelated domestic violence incident.

Thoughts??
Great reporting by the Telecrap. So a touch judge and an interchange official both suffered a fractured shoulder blade as they fell while running to safety? I remember it was a single person and he fell while walking up the tunnel because a security guard was hurrying him along. If you are going to report the facts of the incident relating to the assault why do you need to put all these other things in the article? What about the bit relating to the thirteen people who were asked to come forward by police? It was to help identify the bottle throwers not dob themselves on as the throwers..then we get the statement "Five have since come forward to speak to police and are facing lifetime bans from the NRL." Poor reporting from the Telecrap but to be expected.
Yes the bloke is someone we do not want as a supporter and we do not want to be associated with him but for heavens sake the article if it was supposed to be reporting the assault and related court case could have been written in a few paragraphs.

Unfortunately I have had the displeasure of meeting this particular man and he has some form in going off the deep end.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hasnt this shit been done to death already?
Yes it has mate and the word sh@t fits nicely.The publication from which it came used to be used just for that particular purpose before we had sorbent.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
what a malaka...from 1 greek to another...
maybe they will leave the other ethnic background alone now?
doubtful

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw this guy on the news, total ****wit. Hope he is never allowed to come to a game again.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The guy is a total dead shit. He was on the news and sounded like he was 10, he told the cops he was getting teased so lashed out at a random Souths fan. What's the bet the guys teasing him were 6'4 and built like a brick shithouse so he decided yo be a big man hitting some kid in the back.
The guy has a kid ffs. God help that child.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, spot on. Channel 9, FOX, the paoers and radio will squeeze as much paste out of the tube as they can.

You can bet dollars to donuts that the cry will be that Nektarios Kalaitzakis's sentence was too light.

Status
Not open for further replies.