Bulldog champ Moses Mbye puts family first

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Moses Mbye is on his way to becoming a great footballer. In the meantime, following the birth of his first child, he wants to be a great father.

“I think everyone should have that mindset, that motivation,” Mbye said.

“Obviously I want to be a great dad. It has been unbelievable. To be honest, it was the best experience I have ever had.

“It’s pretty amazing how you can create that but I am loving it. Your roles and responsibilities change overnight.

“I guess it is young to be a father but if you think you’re equipped for it, we’re fortunate enough to have a job we do that was good hours and a good salary.

“So supportive wise, it’s something I am looking forward to — becoming a dad a few more times. I love it. I have been quite hands on.”

Mbye’s partner Maddy gave birth to their daughter Mya last month. Mbye himself was brought up by his mother Kay after his father walked out on the family when he was a toddler.

“My mother did a great job,” he said.

“She is a strong lady. She had three boys. She obviously played both roles and I think she did quite a good job, she showed us how to handle these things.

“We learned a lot which was good.”

His own daughter arrived at a pivotal time in his career. Mbye had secured a place in the starting side but was given a fortnight off by coach Des Hasler, appearing to lose his place to the benefit of Josh Reynolds and Trent Hodkinson.

“I didn’t look at it as a negative,” he said.

“Des and myself communicated in depth about the situation. It was just one of those things where you have three halves and two really experienced ones.

“I think to be honest they probably deserve that spot. Josh’s resume is pretty good along with Trent. It’s pretty obvious they are great players.

“There wasn’t high demand with Trent and Josh available — he gave me an opportunity to have a bit of a rest with the birth of my daughter.

“It is quite tiring the first few weeks. Dessie said put the feet up and freshen up. It was a bit of a blessing in disguise to be honest.

“They’re nocturnal little creatures. They don’t have much thought about going to sleep for you. It was a bit tiring those first few weeks but we’re in a bit of a routine now.

“We have learnt a few tricks of the trade. The bub is great. She sleeps the majority of the night,” he said.

An injury to Reynolds opened the door for Mbye’s return and he shapes as a key player as Canterbury attempt to maintain their *finals push tomorrow against Gold Coast on the NSW central coast.

The Titans are among the sides believed to be pursuing Mbye, whose contract with the Bulldogs comes to an end next season. The 22-year-old has already opened talks with Canterbury over an extension and looks set for a windfall wherever he ends up.

“There is no rush for us,” he said.

“I will bounce it off the missus. At the moment we are quite happy and going forward I am sure we will figure something out in the near future.”

His more immediate focus is securing his place in the halves with Reynolds due back in coming weeks.

“The situation we’re in where there is three halves fighting for two positions, you don’t really want to take the week off and risk dropping your position,” he said.

“Unfortunately for Josh I have the opportunity to come back into the side. If that hadn’t happened I might have been playing NSW Cup for the rest of the season.

“Obviously credit to Josh — he came back and played great football. That’s the situation we’re in at this club. We have great depth across all positions.

“When there is three halves fighting for two positions, only two can get picked.

“We’re not panicking here. Everything is optimistic and we’re extremely optimistic about the rest of the season.

“I think we’re in with a chance. There is enough time to make a good run for the finals. We proved it can happen. We came from seventh last year. There’s nothing to tell us we can’t do it again this year.”

https://sslcam.news.com.au/cam/auth...uts-family-first/story-fnca0von-1227484382064

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
"I will bounce it off the mrs "
Settle down big fella let her rest up a bit before you go around again

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He sounds like a cocky shit
Not really. He actually knows how to speak in the media unlike half our squad. People should get off his back.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really. He actually knows how to speak in the media unlike half our squad. People should get off his back.
So because he speaks clearly he's not cocky ,interesting logic

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
sure his real name isn't Moses Mbye - Kardashian? he spends enough time in the media

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He sounds like a cocky shit
He seems confident in life and there is nothing wrong with that is there?

The man is young but has his head screwed on right and wants to get all the things right in his life others in the NRL could learn off him to be honest...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

The man is young but has his head screwed on right and wants to get all the things right in his life others in the NRL could learn off him to be honest...
Exactly .. confidence is being confused with cockyness here.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Nano, you always seem so wise and well natured.

Maybe we need you on the Bulldogs board.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Although I never like to see a Bulldogs player in the media too much, he hasn't said anything wrong IMO.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What did he say that was cocky?
I wana hear your logic
Firstly champ its my opinion,and based on many interviews not just this one but i find that he seems to rate himself and happy to milk this out and it seems all about money and seems to forget that these other "options" that have popped up are the same teams who brushed him when he was a neville

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like he's in it for the money ....'bouncing things of his mrs' equates to if the titans offer him more money then his mrs will be homesick for QLD

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Firstly champ its my opinion,and based on many interviews not just this one but i find that he seems to rate himself and happy to milk this out and it seems all about money and seems to forget that these other "options" that have popped up are the same teams who brushed him when he was a neville
im not judging your opinion
im asking where in this article is he being cocky?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I found it pretty hard to see anything negative in this article tbh. It at least had quotes from Moses.

He said he wanted to be a good dad to his child, that he didn't take anything negative from his 2 weeks out (and that he spoke to Des about it) and that Trent and Josh deserve to be in front of him.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I found it pretty hard to see anything negative in this article tbh. It at least had quotes from Moses.

He said he wanted to be a good dad to his child, that he didn't take anything negative from his 2 weeks out (and that he spoke to Des about it) and that Trent and Josh deserve to be in front of him.
is it just me? but I never take articles at face value , there always seems to be a hidden message in there somewhere just like 'the satanic messages in stairway to heaven played backwards

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
not a fan his future contract being played out in the media

should learn a thing about the disruption dces contract speculation causef & should tell his manager to not play it out in media

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
im not judging your opinion
im asking where in this article is he being cocky?
Once again ill answer it for you ,i find how he is playing this out like he's in no rush blah blah blah plus other articles his loyalty has taken a backseat in my opinion,i bet he wouldnt be so cocky if we hadnt let hokko go or chasing someone else ,i bet he wouldnt be saying hes in no rush then

Status
Not open for further replies.