Builder Type People

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just finished putting up a towel rack in my bathroom, but the bugger doesn't stay on the wall.
The little blue plugs keep popping out cause it's not in there tight enough, how do i fix it, bigger screws in the blue plugs?

MB

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Get the green roll plugs, hammer it in

and get a decent screw .. you should be sweet

but make sure the roll plug is a decent one

Ahmed

Mr.Plasma
Reaction score
i hope your not just hanging it on gyp-rock or what ever those thin walls are, you need to find a solid wood beam, lol

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pressuming it is a plaster wall you have gone into? First step would be getting bigger rubber grips so tight you have to really squeeze them in. Too late to use an authentic gyproack screw lol

But plaster will often wiggle and loosen over use. In my family, we do dodgy DIY repairs, that are perhaps not what builders/handymen would do,so bour next step would be to get butterfly screw anchors and a bit of glue and lodge it into the hole (making sure it is a tight fit, wait a day for it to dry and then screw the holder on.

The butterflys can be pretty handy (although meant for concrete), can put them in straight, but when you start screwing they open up and lie flat against the wall, anchoring in the hook. The glue tries to keep it from wiggling, as even over time the ridges in the anchor will smush up the gyprock. Only issues is to check whether the screw will fit through and not hit the opposite wall, and that the rack sits well over the anchor.

pic:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...ardware.com/images/ProductListImages/3-18.gif

http://industrialhardware.com/pdfDocs/MasonryAnchors/ButterflyScrewAnchor.pdf

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pressuming it is a plaster wall you have gone into? First step would be getting bigger rubber grips so tight you have to really squeeze them in. Too late to use an authentic gyproack screw lol

But plaster will often wiggle and loosen over use. In my family, we do dodgy DIY repairs, that are perhaps not what builders/handymen would do,so bour next step would be to get butterfly screw anchors and a bit of glue and lodge it into the hole (making sure it is a tight fit, wait a day for it to dry and then screw the holder on.

The butterflys can be pretty handy, can put them in straight, but when you start screwing they open up and lie flat against the wall, anchoring in the hook. The glue tries to keep it from wiggling. Only issues is to check whether the screw will fit through and not hit the opposite wall, and that the rack sits well over the anchor.

pic:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...ardware.com/images/ProductListImages/3-18.gif
:uptight: how did you know that?

:p

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
:uptight: how did you know that?

:p
I had to fix the toilet roll holder in our plaster wall at work. Patient c**ts must of been swinging off it for fun. :sleepy:

The Dr boss doesn't know how to work a drill lol

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the plugs keep falling out, then you need bigger plugs

The problem is your drill bit was too big to begin with Im guessing

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i hope your not just hanging it on gyp-rock or what ever those thin walls are, you need to find a solid wood beam, lol

No you dont, its only a towel rack lol

He's not gonna be doing chip ups on it

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The wall is brick covered in render, i bought s pack from bunnings, it had the plugs and the drill bit all in it.

Damn bunnings

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just jam another plug into the hole with a rubber mallet so you have 2 plugs in there, then cut off whatever won't go in any further with a stanley knife. This will give the screw something to bite into. You can use two smaller plugs if its easier.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just finished putting up a towel rack in my bathroom, but the bugger doesn't stay on the wall.
The little blue plugs keep popping out cause it's not in there tight enough, how do i fix it, bigger screws in the blue plugs?

MB
Tehe "rack"

Tehe "not tight enough"

Tehe "bigger screws"

Tehe "keep popping out"

Tehe "how do I fix it?"

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Tehe "rack"

Tehe "not tight enough"

Tehe "bigger screws"

Tehe "keep popping out"

Tehe "how do I fix it?"
Honestly Andrew, you're losing your touch.

Plugs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.