BSMITH should come to us from the storm regardless of Cam, here's why

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I'll keep this brief, the kennel can't concentrate on long messages.

Right now the dogs are flushing cash. We will sign someone as a rake next year regardless.

Right now he could pick up an easy 700k multi year deal from us.

Obviously he won't if we nab Mcinness or someone.

This hinges on Cams decision.

But here's the kicker. They still have Grant. Grant can't play second row so he's going to be second row anyway.

Stop putting stress on a legend of the game and just ask for the release and let the storm solve the grant and cam issue.

Act now befrie it's too late. Nasheed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
5 wides @Nasheed. You’re 0-176. Harbhajan style.
interesting fact.
Nasheed is friends with Sikander Raza and Sean williams, the test crickters.

Sean helped me bat. Henxe why you see a few Zim references now and then.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be good stuff your smoking nasheed

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
im not a huge fan of bsmkith either as he seems to be a nugget, but for his own sake hes doing no favours holding out. He should just sign, it makes no difference whether cam stays or not.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just no
Nasheed here,
I'll keep this brief, the kennel can't concentrate on long messages.

Right now the dogs are flushing cash. We will sign someone as a rake next year regardless.

Right now he could pick up an easy 700k multi year deal from us.

Obviously he won't if we nab Mcinness or someone.

This hinges on Cams decision.

But here's the kicker. They still have Grant. Grant can't play second row so he's going to be second row anyway.

Stop putting stress on a legend of the game and just ask for the release and let the storm solve the grant and cam issue.

Act now befrie it's too late. Nasheed.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
interesting fact.
Nasheed is friends with Sikander Raza and Sean williams, the test crickters.

Sean helped me bat. Henxe why you see a few Zim references now and then.
wtf is Henxe?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if the incentive we are offering (maybe 700-800K) and the threat of pulling that off the table would be big enough to convince him to sign on the dotted line NOW unfortunately plus we can't make an official offer yet anyway as I understand it.

Yes if we were offering ridiculous money maybe like the Titans did for Fifita but hopefully we can get him a bit cheaper than that Even though we're in desperate need for a great dummy half I really don't think he's worth paying more than 800K. There are a few other cheaper options who could be almost as good in McInnes, or maybe even Daryl Clarke.

I'm sure the Dogs can't really speak to B.Smith at the moment as he's under contract - until Cameron Smith makes a decision and then Brandon makes his decision whether to leave the Storm and thus is granted permission to speak to other clubs.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens with C Smith, B Smith and Grant we can learn a lot from this. Despite having an elite player cemented in the hooker position the Storm have managed to maintain 2 other promising players.
If that was the Bulldogs B Smith would have left years ago and Grant would never have signed an extension last year.
We keep making excuses about the salary cap
Instead of looking at our recruitment and retention issues. I still don’t know why Cook wasn’t told to stay and beat Lichaa for the starting hooker position.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens with C Smith, B Smith and Grant we can learn a lot from this. Despite having an elite player cemented in the hooker position the Storm have managed to maintain 2 other promising players.
If that was the Bulldogs B Smith would have left years ago and Grant would never have signed an extension last year.
To be fair, Melbourne is a one (NRL) team city, hence there are plenty of TPA's on offer, the players are next to invisible there, the media don't care what they do and Bellamy is the coach. Rather a different scenario.

The Salary Cap (and associated NRL rules) is a reason not an excuse.

Instead of looking at our recruitment and retention issues. I still don’t know why Cook wasn’t told to stay and beat Lichaa for the starting hooker position.
How do you know we didn't, and he responded fark off I'm out of here. People forget he spent 2 years at the Wabbitts not doing much, after spending 2 years with us not doing much and 1 year at StGeorge before that not doing much either.

Go Dogs

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don’t know why Cook wasn’t told to stay and beat Lichaa for the starting hooker position.
Doesn't that just seem absurd when you unread that out loud.

I honestly put that as a worse decision than Thurston.
At least with Thurston there was some solid reasons why it went down.

Lichaa is not a solid reason. Never was. And cook was already showing some signs of brilliance with us

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Lichaa is not a solid reason. Never was. And cook was already showing some signs of brilliance with us
Its good to see you keeping busy, in light of your very tough news today...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ask Des, especially ask him why he recruited a running hooker & turned him into a tackling hooker.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Well I guess Cook showed some good form in 4 or 5 games & We didn't re-sign him (thanks, Des) & Lichaa showed good form in his last 3 games & we DID re-sign him (thanks, Dean)

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
im not a huge fan of bsmkith either as he seems to be a nugget, but for his own sake hes doing no favours holding out. He should just sign, it makes no difference whether cam stays or not.
this dickhead quotes ' im not a fan of B Smith" but the dickhead quoted sign him for $750 k a season, another classic post

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
this dickhead quotes ' im not a fan of B Smith" but the dickhead quoted sign him for $750 k a season, another classic post
im saying,
i personally am not a huge fan, but i havent seen alot of him.

buttt,
others rate him as brilliant, and the club itself has slung green at him apparently, so the club rates him. So im speaking from the club pov