Bryce Cartwright Saga

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wow you have issues. No point having a discussion with you butt fucker enjoy your day.
Why is your mum giving away secrets?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well the QLD government only allowed the NRL to go ahead, on the understanding ALL players get the flu shot.

Peter V'landys is looking like a fucking goose.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not a ridiculous comparison. It's about people's rights not being taken away from them. You can't force people to put things into their own body without their consent.

The Flu shot has literally NOTHING to do with the coronavirus. They have played over 100 years without the flu shot being forced.
They aren't forcing anyone to take it they just don't play if they don't get it.

The coronavirus hasn't been around for 100 years so its pretty easy to see why this hasn't been an issue before and despite what you say the immunisation is being used to minimise the risk of a corona outbreak in the NRL.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They aren't forcing anyone to take it they just don't play if they don't get it.

The coronavirus hasn't been around for 100 years so its pretty easy to see why this hasn't been an issue before and despite what you say the immunisation is being used to minimise the risk of a corona outbreak in the NRL.
They are forcing them by not letting them play.

Flu shot has 0% impact on coronavirus spreading. I don't get how you don't undertand that. It's a completely different disease.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are forcing them by not letting them play.

Flu shot has 0% impact on coronavirus spreading. I don't get how you don't undertand that. It's a completely different disease.
It was condition that the NRL put in their health plan to get government approval to come back.

So if a player gets AIDS you wouldn't have a problem with them playing because it would infringe on their rights?

When you get the flu it lowers the immune system and that increases the chance of contracting corona. Its all about lowering the chance of getting corona.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was condition that the NRL put in their health plan to get government approval to come back.

So if a player gets AIDS you wouldn't have a problem with them playing because it would infringe on their rights?

When you get the flu it lowers the immune system and that increases the chance of contracting corona. Its all about lowering the chance of getting corona.
No it doesn't lower the chance of catching coronavirus. Your immune system has nothing to do with whether you catch coronavirus or not. Your immune system effects the impact of coronavirus after you catch it.

I'm out of this topic. It's giving me a headache talking to so many uneducated sheep.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No it doesn't lower the chance of catching coronavirus. Your immune system has nothing to do with whether you catch coronavirus or not. Your immune system effects the impact of coronavirus after you catch it.

I'm out of this topic. It's giving me a headache talking to so many uneducated sheep.
There's only one uneducated person on this topic and it's not me.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Are you an anti-vaxxer?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
3 Titans players stood down.

Bryce Cartwright, Nathan Peats and Brian Kelly — had been stood down by the NRL while the ARLC reviews its stance on anti-vaccination.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/g...e/news-story/3ae13d1ceb4ee4f2e768a9d1cbf8af1b

Also.

Players from Manly, Canterbury, Canberra and the Gold Coast are believed to have refused a shot and must now decide whether they will sign the amended waiver.

The Daily Telegraph reports those players included Gold Coast star Cartwright, Manly trio Dylan Walker, Marty Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake, Canberra’s Josh Papalii, Sia Soliola and Joe Tapine and Canterbury’s Sione Katoa.
Gold Coast "star" Cartwright.....that is funny as fuck!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
but they have a choice. They can play NrL and get a flu shot or they can sit the season out and wait till next season. In the mean time go grab a normal job like everyone else and best of luck with that considering the unemployment happening
That's not a choice, it's an ultimatum.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hear that weak argument all the time.

because newborns etc can’t get vaccinations so are susceptible.

so some non immunised kid gives a newborn whooping cough for example and kills it. Imagine how you would feel being the mother of that newborn.

IMO not immunising your kid is extremely selfish
It's not a weak argument at all. People have their reasons for not wanting to immunize, where as others choose to do it. No matter what the situation this will always devide opinion. If your child has whooping cough, don't take them to day care FFS. It's not rocket science. But if you want to live in a society where your liberties have been removed, go and live in China or Russia.
I have lots of friends that are nurses, and they all argue this same narrative that everyone should immunize. But they have to do it for work, and naturally they then feel that it is the right thing to do. But i don't necessarily agree. I have never been seriously ill, and i was never immunized. My friends will argue that the only reason I have not been seriously ill is because everyone else has been immunized. But that's just utter bullshit because these sane people who have been immunized are always getting sick. Perhaps i just have a much better immune system then they do.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still a choice.
Hardly. If you have a mortgage, a family, or too much debt to be able to say no, then there is not a choice. Especially when there is every likelihood that said player may never even catch a cold or even show any signs of a flu or cold. So basically they are just being made to do something.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not a weak argument at all. People have their reasons for not wanting to immunize, where as others choose to do it. No matter what the situation this will always devide opinion. If your child has whooping cough, don't take them to day care FFS. It's not rocket science. But if you want to live in a society where your liberties have been removed, go and live in China or Russia.
I have lots of friends that are nurses, and they all argue this same narrative that everyone should immunize. But they have to do it for work, and naturally they then feel that it is the right thing to do. But i don't necessarily agree. I have never been seriously ill, and i was never immunized. My friends will argue that the only reason I have not been seriously ill is because everyone else has been immunized. But that's just utter bullshit because these sane people who have been immunized are always getting sick. Perhaps i just have a much better immune system then they do.
Rofl, so much derp in this statement I’m not even going to bother arguing.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hardly. If you have a mortgage, a family, or too much debt to be able to say no, then there is not a choice. Especially when there is every likelihood that said player may never even catch a cold or even show any signs of a flu or cold. So basically they are just being made to do something.
still a choice. Might not be a choice he likes but still a choice

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering the circumstances I'm okay with a mandatory shot this year to get underway. Not sure how it helps protect against coronavirus though it is not a vaccine for that. Might be a bit of arse covering going on just in case.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NSW health workers need a history of all their immunisation or they will not be employed , also any student without immunisation can not train there .That includes flu vax.