Brutal origin one fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL should seriously do something about this. this is just ****ing up for the NRL teams

A brutal opening to the State of Origin series has resulted in a number of injuries and a suspension.

- Josh Reynolds has been charged with a grade two dangerous throw for his lifting tackle on Brent Tate and will miss two games with an early guilty plea.
- Josh Morris has sustained a reported posterior cruciate ligament tear.
- Cooper Cronk has broken his arm and will miss eight weeks.
- Paul Gallen has a neck injury and is in doubt for Game Two.
- Anthony Watmough has sustained a reported torn bicep.
- Cameron Smith has reportedly sustained ligament damage to his left ankle.
- Brett Morris has a suspected AC-joint injury.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone know where this "Josh reynolds grade 2 charge" is coming from?

The only place I've seen it mentioned is the Bulldogs4life Facebook page but I'm pretty sure they made it up as the judiciary hadn't even convened yet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hodkinson got a broken nose too

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not far ey, they could of given the week off before like they did for the Anzac test but nope

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where this "Josh reynolds grade 2 charge" is coming from?

The only place I've seen it mentioned is the Bulldogs4life Facebook page but I'm pretty sure they made it up as the judiciary hadn't even convened yet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I seen it on Fox Sports News. It's a freaking crap call.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
SOO has made it to 100 games, but time it was dumped. It was nice knowing you, we had some good times, but you are out of date and no longer what RL needs or wants.

The rate it is going the NRL will become the side show. That is the worst thing that can happen. Sure Injuries happen, but atm Origin already means that ~34 of the best players in the comp are missing for 3 games, and with the way Origin matches rack up the injuries, those players will miss a lot more games besides.

Ditch it, or shorten the season a few weeks and stick it on the end, over a 24 or 27 day period.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SOO has made it to 100 games, but time it was dumped. It was nice knowing you, we had some good times, but you are out of date and no longer what RL needs or wants.

The rate it is going the NRL will become the side show. That is the worst thing that can happen. Sure Injuries happen, but atm Origin already means that ~34 of the best players in the comp are missing for 3 games, and with the way Origin matches rack up the injuries, those players will miss a lot more games besides.

Ditch it, or shorten the season a few weeks and stick it on the end, over a 24 or 27 day period.
This

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was suspecting that, he should be okay after the bye though depending if he doesn't need surgery
Anyone know yet how it happened? Freakin' brave kid, but we already knew that. I noticed not long before we saw him bleeding claret all over the place that he got taken out kicking the ball down the field...

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know yet how it happened? Freakin' brave kid, but we already knew that. I noticed not long before we saw him bleeding claret all over the place that he got taken out kicking the ball down the field...
Would he be out for long ?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was taken out on every kick, referees let that slide

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You live with the good and the bad simple as that. injuries could happen at any time during the year what difference does it make if the injury happened tonight, three weeks ago or even this weekend it's apart of the game

And I wouldn't want SOO any other way and would never be as good if you had to wait till the end of the season to watch it

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You live with the good and the bad simple as that. injuries could happen at any time during the year what difference does it make if the injury happened tonight, three weeks ago or even this weekend it's apart of the game

And I wouldn't want SOO any other way and would never be as good if you had to wait till the end of the season to watch it
I reckon clubs and coaches would rather their star players get injured playing under them then someone else during the NRL season though, I would be angry seeing my players miss time when they didn't even play for me lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Injuries can happen at any time, true. But if they have to happen at this point of the season let them happen during club games, instead of this increasingly infantile sideshow. I enjoyed the match, don't get me wrong, but right now with the list of injuries coming out of this, not just Dogs players but some of the best in our game, I'd rather it didn't happen.

If this SOO rivalry is real, then move it to the end of the season, it will do fine. If it's mostly noise generated by Channel 9 because they are scoring big advertising bucks, then it won't, and therefore it didn't deserve to be in the middle of the season any more anyway.

At this moment the way SOO is organised is for the game of RL short term gain for long term pain. If there are any administrators at the top of the game with a bit of forward thinking they will change it. As each year goes on and clubs invest more and more into each new season, this sideshow is going to become more and more of a handicap.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
I guess its a good thing T-rex plodded to the end with a clean jersey.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wow how can people complain after that amazing game.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Injuries can happen at any time, true. But if they have to happen at this point of the season let them happen during club games, instead of this increasingly infantile sideshow. I enjoyed the match, don't get me wrong, but right now with the list of injuries coming out of this, not just Dogs players but some of the best in our game, I'd rather it didn't happen.

If this SOO rivalry is real, then move it to the end of the season, it will do fine. If it's mostly noise generated by Channel 9 because they are scoring big advertising bucks, then it won't, and therefore it didn't deserve to be in the middle of the season any more anyway.

At this moment the way SOO is organised is for the game of RL short term gain for long term pain. If there are any administrators at the top of the game with a bit of forward thinking they will change it. As each year goes on and clubs invest more and more into each new season, this sideshow is going to become more and more of a handicap.
They should start it after rd 6 & completed every 2 weeks.
After round 6 players are fit & hitting form. If players get injured (nothing too serious) they can still recover & play for their club for the rest of the season.

SOO needs to stay. Its the toughest game in RL by far!

Status
Not open for further replies.