News BROOKS PREFERS BULLDOGS OVER KNIGHTS FOR CLUB SWITCH

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BROOKS PREFERS BULLDOGS OVER KNIGHTS FOR CLUB SWITCH

Tigers halfback Luke Brooks’s reported preference is to join the Bulldogs over the Knights if the Concord club decide to part ways with their long-time No.7.

The Sydney Morning Herald’s Andrew Webster revealed on SEN radio that the Knights are keen to lure Brooks to replace Mitchell Pearce, but the Tigers star has other ideas.

“They (Newcastle) have got their hearts set on Luke Brooks (as Mitchell Pearce’s replacement),” Webster said on SEN 1170 Mornings.

“The Tigers have said no to Luke Brooks going, and I think publicly he’s saying he doesn’t want to go, but his management is certainly saying things otherwise.

“It’s going around quite strongly, his preference would be the Bulldogs if he was to get out.”

The Tigers have denied wanting to let Brooks leave with two years remaining on his current deal worth around $850,000 a season.

The Tigers would likely have to chip in for Brooks to play elsewhere, while Pearce’s mooted departure would free up $600,000.

The Bulldogs would likely have to offload Kyle Flanagan and another player to come up with the money for Brooks.

However Webster believes Brooks should pursue the opportunity of playing under new Knights assistant and Immortal Andrew Johns at Newcastle after his defection from the Eels.

“I think the inclusion of Andrew Johns though on the coaching staff and as a halves coach on the Knights should be something that Luke Brooks finds appealing,” Webster said.

“If anyone has watched Luke Brooks over the last few years, he’s not to blame for the way the Tigers have played, there’s deeper problems at that club than the halfback.

“But if ever a playmaker looked like he needed a change, I think Luke Brooks is it.

“If he goes to Newcastle, which is a fairly strong side … if he’s under the tutelage of the halfback of the century and arguably the greatest player ever, he could do worse.”

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BROOKS PREFERS BULLDOGS OVER KNIGHTS FOR CLUB SWITCH

Tigers halfback Luke Brooks’s reported preference is to join the Bulldogs over the Knights if the Concord club decide to part ways with their long-time No.7.

The Sydney Morning Herald’s Andrew Webster revealed on SEN radio that the Knights are keen to lure Brooks to replace Mitchell Pearce, but the Tigers star has other ideas.

“They (Newcastle) have got their hearts set on Luke Brooks (as Mitchell Pearce’s replacement),” Webster said on SEN 1170 Mornings.

“The Tigers have said no to Luke Brooks going, and I think publicly he’s saying he doesn’t want to go, but his management is certainly saying things otherwise.

“It’s going around quite strongly, his preference would be the Bulldogs if he was to get out.”

The Tigers have denied wanting to let Brooks leave with two years remaining on his current deal worth around $850,000 a season.

The Tigers would likely have to chip in for Brooks to play elsewhere, while Pearce’s mooted departure would free up $600,000.

The Bulldogs would likely have to offload Kyle Flanagan and another player to come up with the money for Brooks.

However Webster believes Brooks should pursue the opportunity of playing under new Knights assistant and Immortal Andrew Johns at Newcastle after his defection from the Eels.

“I think the inclusion of Andrew Johns though on the coaching staff and as a halves coach on the Knights should be something that Luke Brooks finds appealing,” Webster said.

“If anyone has watched Luke Brooks over the last few years, he’s not to blame for the way the Tigers have played, there’s deeper problems at that club than the halfback.

“But if ever a playmaker looked like he needed a change, I think Luke Brooks is it.

“If he goes to Newcastle, which is a fairly strong side … if he’s under the tutelage of the halfback of the century and arguably the greatest player ever, he could do worse.”
Of course he would prefer us over the Knights. He's gets to stay in Sydney and with Pearce leaving we have the better roster. Not to mention O'Brien is basically a clone of McGuire so the idea of having another angry coach isn't all that appealing to him

We need a Gus denial tweet to kill this rumour once and for all

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get him, Fam....trade for Averillo, Schoupp and Cotric.....yes please. Namaste
LOL I just realised you changed your avatar and became a hippie. How are you coping with Elliot having signed with the Raiders? Have you started trolling the Raiders forum yet?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
LOL I just realised you changed your avatar and became a hippie. How are you coping with Elliot having signed with the Raiders? Have you started trolling the Raiders forum yet?
I changed my username too, Fam. the change is symbolic of the unification of my fractured self into a state of wholeness.

I am excited by Adam's new opportunity and his impending status as a 2022 premiership winner. I have not visited them yet, Fam, but may stop in to say hello.

May the best of blessings be bestowed upon you. Namaste

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the same journo also said Flanno to the Knights and Brooks to us a few days ago. There's basically very little in terms of talented halves out there. When a player who's never played finals is getting paid $800+ that tells the story.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is the rush can’t we just sign him for 2023 for cheap ?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I get people doubting his ability to lead a team.

I don't get the vitriol he cops about never making the finals, making $800k, being left footed etc.

The Tigers are a shambles, organisationally, top to bottom. Moses left, he's now thriving, Tedesco left, he's thriving - there's no reason that can't be the same for Brooks.

He has the skill set, doesn't have the support and possibly the drive anymore.

Btw: this is the same narrative of people not wanting Keary and Moses, that went well.

Last edited:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I changed my username too, Fam. the change is symbolic of the unification of my fractured self into a state of wholeness.

I am excited by Adam's new opportunity and his impending status as a 2022 premiership winner. I have not visited them yet, Fam, but may stop in to say hello.

May the best of blessings be bestowed upon you. Namaste
You're sooo funny!!
( Enter Rolling eyes emoji)