Bronson Xerri tested for Coronavirus

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he comes back as positive could be NRL season over?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How long does it take for results? We've know about this since the Raiders/Titans game!

If he's positive... god bless the Sharks and the NRL.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for results? We've know about this since the Raiders/Titans game!

If he's positive... god bless the Sharks and the NRL.
Shire boys and their Coronas

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cronulla Sharks gun centre Bronson Xerri is reportedly being tested for coronavirus.

Channel 9 reporter Danny Weidler revealed the news about the rising star on Friday night, with the Sharks waiting on the test results.

This news comes after Cronulla confirmed two players had been sent home from training after displaying flu-like symptoms.

The Sharks said on Friday that the two players were isolated from training and the main playing group.

Xerri was not named for the Sharks in their round one clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs as he recovers from shoulder surgery, but if found to have the virus this could have huge ramifications for the 2020 NRL season.

A Sharks statement read: “Sharks Doctor Paul Annett is monitoring the situation and further information will be relayed should it be necessary, however while one player has been tested for COVID-19 as a precaution, neither has travelled or been in contact with anyone who has travelled to COVID-19 affected areas, are low risk and there is no suggestion they have contracted the virus.

“Following the advice of the Doctor and in line with NRL and health authority protocols, the two players were separated from the group, which would be normal practice in the instance of any player illness.”

The Australian Government advised this afternoon that all non-essential gathering of more than 500 people from Monday should be avoided in order to limit the spread of the virus.

Following these announcements from Prime Minister Scott Morrison, NRL CEO Todd Greenberg announced that Round 1 of the NRL would proceed as normal, but fans would be banned from attendance in Round 2. However, if players are found to have contracted coronavirus, the NRL could potentially be forced to suspend the competition.

More to come.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/065d87d4073d33d1dd8392f2f21f18ba

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd had a few scotches last night and I swear when I first read that headline it read "Bronson Xerri tested for Cronullavirus".

I'll see myself out.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Being tested doesn't mean he has it though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whether it's Xerri or someone else, it's only a matter of time before a player or official has it and they'll shutdown the comp as a precaution like they have with every other sporting competition around the world.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Titans continue to lose games they will deliberately infect a player to avoid winning another spoon.