Bronson Xerri Podcast

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't know he was a Dogs junior at one stage (for 2 years)

Last edited:

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was just about to post this as I’ve just finished it! Super interesting. I feel like he still has a bit of an ego, but seems very genuine on not making a mistake like that again.
I love how he knew after his first meeting with Gus he knew where he was signing. And he had interest from all but 2 NRL teams but still picked Bulldogs.
I don’t expect him to reach his full prior potential but I think he will be a gun again.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this in my YouTube recs. and watching it now. He sounds like a decent bloke so far. I don’t watch many podcasts but this is pretty good. Getting some real personal insight on Xerri.

Never heard of these JBK guys, but they’re not bad hosts. Think they said they’re doggies fans and at least one has played juniors?

Surprised what he said about Fabri saying that he was the fastest out of everyone including JAC, Saab and Dom Young! I knew he was quick but didn’t know he was up with the quickest.

Last edited:

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just saw this in my YouTube recs. and watching it now. He sounds like a decent bloke so far. I don’t watch many podcasts but this is pretty good. Getting some real personal insight on Xerri.

Never heard of these JBK guys, but they’re not bad hosts. Think they said they’re doggies fans and at least one has played juniors?
I’m a fairly avid podcast listener and I’d never heard of these guys before. To be honest as hosts, and on screen I thought they were pretty dull. Not a whole lot of charisma on screen or in questioning. In saying that, they’re doggies fans and I thought they asked a lot of questions that cleared some things up from a fans perspective. So for these reasons they passed haha.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I guess you could say they were dull, but heaps watch Bloke and I think he’s dull. To me, most of these types are. It’s about the questions and what they get the guest to say, which was pretty interesting to me. Bronson was obviously comfortable enough with them that he spilled a lot of info that was good to know. I watched the whole thing which is possibly the first time I’ve ever watched a whole footy podcast. So that should tell you something.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I enjoy Bloke but Denan can be dull at times.
If you want top shelf shit-talking with a little bit of sport mixed in (mostly league, but also UFC, cricket, etc) Hello Sport is far and away the best in my opinion. Great to listen to in the car instead of radio.

willow dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A good inside to what he went through, glad to see he’s came out the the other side
Good lucky mate
So happy your a doggie now

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He will score plenty of trys for us, he will do a good job and I believe he’s learnt his lesson, but we all know talk is cheap. So as long as he’s ready ti prove himself and settle down it will be a good signing.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gotta call a spade a spade…he’s a massive tool but hope he scores a million tries for us

Opposition fans are already crying rivers
To be fair, who can honestly say they weren’t a tool in their early 20’s? Anyone that thinks they weren’t is probably still a tool and never grew out of it.

I really like the kid. He will buy hard into the culture and he’s going to be so driven and hungry to make up for lost time. I think he will be delicate if he has any early set backs but Gus and Ciraldo are the perfect pair to help him through that and help him mature.

The saying has never been proven wrong that “you can’t teach speed and athletic ability”. You either have it or you don’t. This kid has a lot of it! I think it would be awesome to get Josh Morris back to do one on ones with him all year and teach him how to be the best defensive centre in the game. Right centre is one of the hardest positions in the game as everyone knows.

Even though they made an example of him, he is so lucky it happened so young and he still has 10+ years to make a career of it. Imagine having the two fastest blokes in the NRL on either side of the field! Go back 6 years to when we had the slowest outside backs by a long way! Exciting times.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't he go play bush footy or something? It's not NRL but at least he stays fit, gets to use his skills and speed plus his footy instincts are switched on.

He seems to be really focused on getting stronger, I'm guessing that's why he took the banned substance in the first place?

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, who can honestly say they weren’t a tool in their early 20’s? Anyone that thinks they weren’t is probably still a tool and never grew out of it.

I really like the kid. He will buy hard into the culture and he’s going to be so driven and hungry to make up for lost time. I think he will be delicate if he has any early set backs but Gus and Ciraldo are the perfect pair to help him through that and help him mature.

The saying has never been proven wrong that “you can’t teach speed and athletic ability”. You either have it or you don’t. This kid has a lot of it! I think it would be awesome to get Josh Morris back to do one on ones with him all year and teach him how to be the best defensive centre in the game. Right centre is one of the hardest positions in the game as everyone knows.

Even though they made an example of him, he is so lucky it happened so young and he still has 10+ years to make a career of it. Imagine having the two fastest blokes in the NRL on either side of the field! Go back 6 years to when we had the slowest outside backs by a long way! Exciting times.
Yeh I agree mate same with ego all first graders should have a competitive ego.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't he go play bush footy or something? It's not NRL but at least he stays fit, gets to use his skills and speed plus his footy instincts are switched on.

He seems to be really focused on getting stronger, I'm guessing that's why he took the banned substance in the first place?
So many players over the years have taken banned substances while injured, as it speeds up your recovery and allows you to retain muscle mass. It actually should be allowed in controlled doses to allow players to recover safer with less risk of re-injury. Like he said, he’s been targeted since he was 15 and was just unlucky to be caught. Go back and look at how big Barba was when he came back from injury in the early years. They don’t generally do it to be better at the game, but it’s well known how much it speeds up recovery from tendon/ligament injuries.