News Bronson Xerri fails drug test

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t realise how young this guy was. 4 years is a little harsh, would have thought 1 season is more than enough.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didn’t realise how young this guy was. 4 years is a little harsh, would have thought 1 season is more than enough.
It is a long time. He was definitely targeted for good reason through. He and his brother were up to no good for quite a while, allegedly :grinning:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Suck shit ya cheating ****. Thats what u get

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree with you 100% on most, he made his bed so he sleeps in it. Though how many dumb shit do 18-19 year olds do? I can only speak for my self but I did a lot of dumb shit at that age. don’t get me wrong anabolic steroids is a big No No especially in professional sport, although ffs who ever led him to think it was anything but a bad idea is a full c***. Cause there’s no doubt in my mind the ppl in his corner should’ve had his best interests at heart. All I’m trying to say is, the c*** still a kid and obviously has some really bad ppl around him who don’t give a shit about him and that irks me cause the kids a talent and will miss the best part of what 4 years of his career for one bad judgement. When in 2012 till 2015 the entire sharks team and some major figures in the game was embroiled in peptides and all that scandal. and the player accused like Gallen and so only actually missed what 3 games.
18 is old enough to know what cheating is. So I don't really have much sympathy for him. He can't throw the blame on the people in his corner unless they've encouraged him to get on the gear. And even then, he should be smart enough to know he can tell them to fuck off.

The sad thing here is that the Sharts got away with the same thing very lightly as a team a few years earlier.

But I'm of the opinion that you won't discourage kids from cheating this way by giving them a slap on the wrist.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
18 is old enough to know what cheating is. So I don't really have much sympathy for him. He can't throw the blame on the people in his corner unless they've encouraged him to get on the gear. And even then, he should be smart enough to know he can tell them to fuck off.

The sad thing here is that the Sharts got away with the same thing very lightly as a team a few years earlier.

But I'm of the opinion that you won't discourage kids from cheating this way by giving them a slap on the wrist.
Like I was trying to say in the post above, we actually don’t know the full story or why he was on the roids, but ffs I get it play stupid games win stupid prizes. And this is to my original post I said this entire thing is sad. Cause 18 is still a kid, and if that was my son I’ll be disappointed in him for it but still sad for him also that the harsh reality of it is he will miss 4 years of his career.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I was trying to say in the post above, we actually don’t know the full story or why he was on the roids, but ffs I get it play stupid games win stupid prizes. And this is to my original post I said this entire thing is sad. Cause 18 is still a kid, and if that was my son I’ll be disappointed in him for it but still sad for him also that the harsh reality of it is he will miss 4 years of his career.
I actually have more pity for the kids that bust their guts for years trying to compete against someone who takes steroids to get ahead.

We don't know the full story. It may have been a coach or someone close to him that encouraged him. But I'd rather see people achieve in the game through their own merit and hard work. Who's to say that Xerri would have even made the NRL without the drugs. He's a big unit for 18 years of age. And you could probably look through lower grade footage and see when he bulked up quickly to get an idea of when he started using them.

No doubting it's a pity from his perspective that he's ruined his career. But at the same time, there's probably a few kids along the way with as much talent who have left the game because they couldn't match the physicality of other kids that took a shortcut with drugs.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually have more pity for the kids that bust their guts for years trying to compete against someone who takes steroids to get ahead.

We don't know the full story. It may have been a coach or someone close to him that encouraged him. But I'd rather see people achieve in the game through their own merit and hard work. Who's to say that Xerri would have even made the NRL without the drugs. He's a big unit for 18 years of age. And you could probably look through lower grade footage and see when he bulked up quickly to get an idea of when he started using them.

No doubting it's a pity from his perspective that he's ruined his career. But at the same time, there's probably a few kids along the way with as much talent who have left the game because they couldn't match the physicality of other kids that took a shortcut with drugs.
What ever spin you put on it its still sad as I was saying. And I will put my manhood on the line and say that if this was anyone on this forums son who said they don’t have any sympathy for him will quickly change there tone if this was there 18yr old kid who’s probably has just thrown away a good chunk of half his career if not all of it. But I get everyone’s point a cheats a cheat and it fucks the integrity of the sport.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What ever spin you put on it its still sad as I was saying. And I will put my manhood on the line and say that if this was anyone on this forums son who said they don’t have any sympathy for him will quickly change there tone if this was there 18yr old kid who’s probably has just thrown away a good chunk of half his career if not all of it. But I get everyone’s point a cheats a cheat and it fucks the integrity of the sport.
If it was my son, I'd have no sympathy for him. I'd support him as a son but no sympathy. You make your choices you have to take the consequences with it. If that means throwing away his career because of stupid decisions he made, then so be it. He did something illegal, and is old enough to know better. I knew steroid use was illegal when I was a kid.

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Cmon man. There’s not a worse thing you can do in sport is there? It’s against the fabric of any sport.
If he was late 20s I can accept that - career over Mullen style. These kids coming through now even up to mid 20s have no idea.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he was late 20s I can accept that - career over Mullen style. These kids coming through now even up to mid 20s have no idea.
Have no idea of what? He knows what cheating is and he knows what he did was cheating