Bronc's offering Fifita 750K. How much should we offer ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not the point, every time kasiano Came on we scored
Because that was his job, all the other forwards did the tough yards and he had free reign to come on in short spells and spark out attack.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Because that was his job, all the other forwards did the tough yards and he had free reign to come on in short spells and spark out attack.
And it worked and had multiple MOM,
I just think it’s crazy paying so much money for a rookie.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Well it's too late at that point :D . He's going to be locked away the next contract he signs. Even if it isn't us (probably isn't lets be honest) I can see multiple clubs offering him more then the Broncos have now and up to 1m. You're paying on potential and he has already shown a LOT for a 19 year old. Talent scouts have named him the best Forward they've ever seen coming through. Haas got 600k (which we've found out to be a steal) basically without playing one game and that was to retain a player already at the club...
His a forward how long can he possibly keep improving?
Forwards don’t need to be on that kind of money.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We aren't getting Fifita it's a joke of a conversation to have. Not happening.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
His a forward how long can he possibly keep improving?
Forwards don’t need to be on that kind of money.
Again he's worth 700k, possibly 650k. This is almost the exact same situation as Latrell. We're going to have to offer enough $ for it to be an incentive. Since the Broncos offer is 750k we're looking at 950k-1.05m. If we don't think he's the right player then we don't sign him. There isn't that much on the market tho. It really depends if we're trying to be competitive for 2021 or not. The club might think it's best to go through one to two more years of pain post 2020 to sign the right players. We don't really know.

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It seems like he's staying in Brisbane. I don't believe that he's turning down 250k play per season to re-sign though, so there'll be the usual brown paper bag top up and as usual no one will raise any questions..

Anyway, he's a freakish talent but we were never a chance of signing him. I doubt the club has even made serious attempts to poach him and after his antics in Bali, I've soured towards paying him $1 million plus.
Brown paper bags these days = cryptocurrency!!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Again he's worth 700k, possibly 650k. This is almost the exact same situation as Latrell. We're going to have to offer enough $ for it to be an incentive. Since the Broncos offer is 750k we're looking at 950k-1.05m. If we don't think he's the right player then we don't sign him. There isn't that much on the market tho. It really depends if we're trying to be competitive for 2021 or not. The club might think it's best to go through one to two more years of pain post 2020 to sign the right players. We don't really know.
Latrell is worth a million easy IF his consistent, but I can’t see it happening .
Fifita won’t be leaving the broncos.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell is worth a million easy IF his consistent, but I can’t see it happening .
Fifita won’t be leaving the broncos.
As is Latrell is worth 700k considering everything. Whether his value will go up or down it's anyone's guess just like every player (I think considering our situation and what we need he's definitely worth the "risk").
Fifita will not be leaving the Broncos unless offered $ in the range I said above (not 100% obviously but it's that or about at worst).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They've decided, and so has the player market and managers, that we're gonna go through two or three more years of pain.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They've decided, and so has the player market and managers, that we're gonna go through two or three more years of pain.
Which is very sad considering what we've been through and for how long already. Three seasons in a row not making the eight isn't us.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
750k from the Broncos with the Thoroughbreds picking up the rest I reckon.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And it worked and had multiple MOM,
I just think it’s crazy paying so much money for a rookie.
Too an extent. Fifita is getting the coin because the demand for him is massive and he's already so good at such a young age. He's the ideal edge forward right now.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The days of offering forwards huge money is risky..Id prefer spend big cash on a great halfback fullback ..

But where we are at we need a few big names to join us to help attract others.. I would offer him up to around 900K..

Butbi doubt he would leave Brisbane unless its to rejoin Bennett..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Which is very sad considering what we've been through and for how long already. Three seasons in a row not making the eight isn't us.
Our new reality.

Lots of hard work and good signings and getting EVERYTHING right is the only way. Will be ages before we are regular Top 4.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our new reality.

Lots of hard work and good signings and getting EVERYTHING right is the only way. Will be ages before we are regular Top 4.
And if we get it massively wrong add another three to four years on top.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The days of offering forwards huge money is risky..Id prefer spend big cash on a great halfback fullback ..

But where we are at we need a few big names to join us to help attract others.. I would offer him up to around 900K..

Butbi doubt he would leave Brisbane unless its to rejoin Bennett..
The thing is the Halfback closest to "great" is Townsend. It just isn't worth (for us) offering Townsend marquee money to lure him (imo he isn't good enough). We have a few options for Fullback in Milford, Wighton, Papenhuyzen and Latrell. If we're passing on Latrell and Milford and Wighton are already on big deals Papenhuyzen has to be heavily considered. I wouldn't buy a Fullback personally but I wouldn't be against it if it was a big name. I've always said we should be signing a Centre, Hooker, Prop and Winger. That's what we need and where I think there are good options on the market to buy.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is the Halfback closest to "great" is Townsend. It just isn't worth (for us) offering Townsend marquee money to lure him (imo he isn't good enough). We have a few options for Fullback in Milford, Wighton, Papenhuyzen and Latrell. If we're passing on Latrell and Milford and Wighton are already on big deals Papenhuyzen has to be heavily considered. I wouldn't buy a Fullback personally but I wouldn't be against it if it was a big name. I've always said we should be signing a Centre, Hooker, Prop and Winger. That's what we need and where I think there are good options on the market to buy.
Offer Fifita 1.2m for 5 years and let's see if he remains loyal to the broncos. FFS we need a big signing and he is the one we need to attract other players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Offer Fifita 1.2m for 5 years and let's see if he remains loyal to the broncos. FFS we need a big signing and he is the one we need to attract other players.
Does it tho? The bookies have us finishing second last. We're going to need a lot more then Fifita.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Morgan and Holmes (if not signed the money sitting aside already) they both on mega money there?

Marsters, McGuire, Hess, Granville, O’Neil, feldt, Cooper aren’t on small deals.

Disagree.

Tuamalolo is one forward with the $
Forgot about Morgan to be honest. As for Holmes he wasn't there this year so doesn't factor into it. They only had Morgan as a star player on good money in their spine and it showed!!

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing, were planning on buying some new players in 2030.

Long term plan is premiership by 1 premiership by 2035.

But unfortunately that will be in second division resulting in promotion to the top grade for the first time since 2025 when the NRL introduced its new relegation and promotion system.