Broncos table offer to Storm star

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Broncos have increased their pursuit of Storm fullback Nicho Hynes after tabling a formal offer to the gifted young playmaker ahead of the clash between the two clubs on Thursday.

The Courier Mail reported the Hynes offer came on the back of the Broncos considering mid-season releases for prop Matt Lodge who has been linked to the Knights and halfback Tom Dearden, who is set to join the Cowboys.

Hynes is considered the next crucial link in the Broncos’ playmaking overhaul following the $2.4 million signing of Rabbitohs skipper Adam Reynolds.

The Broncos have made a formal contract offer to Hynes, who is seeking a three-year package worth around $1 million.

The 24-year-old is keen to leave the Storm for a starting role after being stuck behind long-term Melbourne prospect Ryan Papenhuyzen.

Hynes has scored five tries and 40 points in 21 games for the Storm since his debut in 2019 and was on the bench for the 2020 Grand Final, despite cruelly not making it on the field.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That would be unders with the current market. A smart manager would make Brisbane pay 500 to 600k.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's good value at 330k from what I've seen of him.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hynes would be a very good signing and if they are re-signing Piakura for $400K a year, signing a potential spine player for $330K a year is a steal

you have to ask though... how are the Broncos able to be so active in the player market?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hynes would be a very good signing and if they are re-signing Piakura for $400K a year, signing a potential spine player for $330K a year is a steal

you have to ask though... how are the Broncos able to be so active in the player market?
That's what everyone wonders.

That forward pack alone.
Reynolds.
Staggs.
Coates.

And people saying we can only afford another 1 and a half good players. Beats me :grinning:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't see him signing up for under 350 a year either, agree with the 400 or more valuation.I would maybe sign up somewhere for 2 years but preferably still on more coin than 330K, ideally play the house down then go for 500 per year for the next deal..bingo!

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Never forget... Brisbane players can earn really good third party sponsorship.