News Broncos table $2.8M mega offer in desperate bid to keep gun centre

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Might be a big offer but he is very close to worth it i reckon(the obvious risk being the reco holding up), they may well struggle the Broncs as in the team's performance for a fair part of these years that is a strong possibility.
For this reason plus maybe he doesn't rate kevvy he may not sign, would he sign for us and relocate for the same money or 50=75k more a year i really don't know.I don't think we should offer anymore by the way.
Interesting to see what he does...

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Might be a big offer but he is very close to worth it i reckon(the obvious risk being the reco holding up), they may well struggle the Broncs as in the team's performance for a fair part of these years that is a strong possibility.
For this reason plus maybe he doesn't rate kevvy he may not sign, would he sign for us and relocate for the same money or 50=75k more a year i really don't know.I don't think we should offer anymore by the way.
Interesting to see what he does...
Dogs offered $800k a season, Broncos $700k. I just hope he stays at the Broncos. We really just need forwards and a hooker. All future money should be going towards those spots. What is left in the backline can be filled cheaply if we have go forward.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs offered $800k a season, Broncos $700k. I just hope he stays at the Broncos. We really just need forwards and a hooker. All future money should be going towards those spots. What is left in the backline can be filled cheaply if we have go forward.
The $800k is just shit talk from The Mole. I highly doubt we would even consider such a number.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Gotta love the kennel, “ for that price they can keep him!”

Next year... “our team is shit why can’t we sign top players?!”

The following year repeat
did you watch the 1st 2 games, and think, "wow we could really use staggs"?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
let's say he doesnt like the crystal ball view of the Broncs, what would he be worth to come to the dogs? Agree he isn't a very top priority but we have a huge clean out pending so if not overpaying do we want him i reckon probably yes.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you watch the 1st 2 games, and think, "wow we could really use staggs"?
Personally I thought,
"why are our forwards so slow and ineffective?"
"Why do we STILL have makeshift and reggies dummy halves?"
"Why do we still kick so badly?"
"why do we not pass early to our best attacker (Cotric)?"

I'd love to have him but we really need to spend that sort of coin elsewhere before buying a top centre.

I heard on the radio the Donks are justifying the high offer by touting him to be their next 5/8...has he ever played there? Sounds pretty definite that Milf is getting tossed if this is all true

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
let's say he doesnt like the crystal ball view of the Broncs, what would he be worth to come to the dogs? Agree he isn't a very top priority but we have a huge clean out pending so if not overpaying do we want him i reckon probably yes.
Yep well said!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We're too light up front to even be thinking of more big money backs, IMO.
Tough situation tho bc we need to recruit the best available as they come up.

Rock and a...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tough situation tho bc we need to recruit the best available as they come up.

Rock and a...
We only have so much money though....and really, our backline is shaping up pretty nicely...especially next year when we get the Fox and Burton on board..... we need to snare a top hooker and at least a couple of top props before we even think of another expensive outside back, IMO. We could have the best backline in the world....it won't get us anywhere without a hooker and some top middle forwards.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We only have so much money though....and really, our backline is shaping up pretty nicely...especially next year when we get the Fox and Burton on board..... we need to snare a top hooker and at least a couple of top props before we even think of another expensive outside back, IMO. We could have the best backline in the world....it won't get us anywhere without a hooker and some top middle forwards.
Agree. I'd prefer Naden on his money anyway over Staggs.

Burton is going to hugely help our team in all areas so we probably don't need Staggs.

We need to strengthen the forwards first but not much around but happy to accept an improved roster no matter where :grinning:

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how effective would Staggs have been for us in the first 2 games?
We had to defend fir most of those matches
How effective would JMoz and Brett have been in those matches!!!
No way Brett scores 6 tries!
Until we get things right at hooker and in the front row it’s going to be tough for everyone 1-7 to shine.
If we can get 50% of the ball against the Broncos and manage some decent go forward our backs will kick ass on the weekend.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First i heard he prefers a 5/8 gig? and the Titans have reportedly come in with a 750k a year for 3 offer in that preferred position.No go for us this story is dead now lol

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this is because they have missed out on B Smith, allows them to throw the cash.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So how effective would Staggs have been for us in the first 2 games?
We had to defend fir most of those matches
How effective would JMoz and Brett have been in those matches!!!
No way Brett scores 6 tries!
Until we get things right at hooker and in the front row it’s going to be tough for everyone 1-7 to shine.
If we can get 50% of the ball against the Broncos and manage some decent go forward our backs will kick ass on the weekend.
Yup, if you have a good forward pack and spine then any half decent athlete will look good in the backline. Some of our fans just want us to recklessly splash out on a big name no matter where they play.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Burton is going to hugely help our team in all areas so we probably don't need Staggs.

We need to strengthen the forwards first but not much around but happy to accept an improved roster no matter where :grinning:
Other clubs have huge young props coming through their systems too, no doubt....If we can nab a top quality prop, great....if the rumours about B Smith are true, awesome.....but we also need to be smarter in our recruitment and be on the look out for genuine prospects who could be the next big thing and make sure we budget to extend them when they get expensive. Building the juniors system back up is the main objective, but that will take time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Naden would already be here if it wasn't for the whole coke thing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
~600k (it probably would take 800k to come to the dogs, but I don't think it's a position we need to splash that much in) but we need to use that money to strengthen other positions before centre (sign someone like Naden for less than half the amount). If the Broncos offer is 700k I don't see us having a chance anyways.