Broncos re-sign Payne Haas & Jamayne Isaako

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow.

Surely they can't hold onto TPJ and Oates after this. We should go hard at both.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wow Haas gets more years than Isaako? Haas has played a couple of games this year and been injured since. He shows potential, but didnt take long to get injured once he hit FG. Isaako is decent and is their goalkicker so a no brainer to retain.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contracts means nothing these days Payne Hass will do 2/6 years outta his contract.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should sweep in under the radar and sign staggs asap

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Any info re Isaako @Kaz??

Wow.

Surely they can't hold onto TPJ and Oates after this. We should go hard at both.
They just released Korbin Sims to Dragons.

That will cover one. Plus Sam Thaiday retiring will give them some coin back.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Any info re Isaako @Kaz??

They just released Korbin Sims to Dragons.

That will cover one. Plus Sam Thaiday retiring will give them some coin back.
Not really. Thaiday is on 400k and Sims would be on well less than that.

Haas going from minimum wage to 500k, Isaako from minimum wage to 250k+. I don't see much money being free'd up there.

TPJ will be commanding triple the money he's currently on and demand for Jaydn Sua will mean he'll be due for a fair salary increase as well. Lodge is tipped to extend his contract there too which would involve a few extra dollars.

Oates earns close to 500k, I reckon he'll be squeezed out if they're to retain all of the above.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow.

It's the Broncos, that club would of cheated the cap more times than not
Everyone with half a brain knows that lol
P.s wonder what andrew gee is up to?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These comments say it all. Weather is probably the biggest factor in all those guys wanting to stay their for their careers..;);););) money does not even come into it..........:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Haas would be a development player because he was not even listed as being off contract meaning he has gone from minimum wage of 60k to a whopping 500k....

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/18/brisbane-broncos-re-sign-payne-haas-on-lucrative-six-year-deal/

"I have always prided myself in my time at the Broncos with keeping the kids here. In our last premiership team there was 16 or 17 players who all came here as young men and never played for any other club, and we are nearly back towards that again now with predominantly homegrown young boys growing into men in the team."

Eighteen-year-old forward David Fifita and prop Thomas Flegler are already on the books until the end of 2020 with Tongan international Joe Ofahengaue and prop Pat Carrigan until the end of 2019.

The club has already begun negotiations to extend their deals.

NRL stars Matt Lodge, Tevita Pangai jnr and Jaydn Su’A have also stated their intentions to remain at the Broncos.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't suprise me if the Broncos donate shitloads to the clubs these players will end up at (e.g Easts Tigers etc in Q Cup)... in order to retain them and lock them out from other clubs for the future.

Because not everyone is going to play first grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.