broncos QLD GOV SPONSORSHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
just had on channel 7 news, the qld gov withdrew a $1 million sponsorship from the broncoes, because of the broncoes hiding players bad behavior since 2006.

the squeaky clean broncoes, looks like some mud is starting to stick

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i dont think the bad behaviour is the real reason, it just provides them an excuse to get out

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Who cares honestly, broncos are not the bulldogs, they have sponsors who are waiting for other sponsors to pull out just so they can sponsor the broncos, broncos have so many sponsors who want to sponsor them, way more than any other club in the nrl, if their wasn't a salary cap, broncos could buy the australian team with ease, and who cares, every club hides bad behavior from players, it's called not making an issue out of nothing incidents.

I may of been worried (or happy) if it happened to a club like para or sharks, but the broncos won't have any problem getting a replacemnt by tomorrow.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who cares honestly, broncos are not the bulldogs, they have sponsors who are waiting for other sponsors to pull out just so they can sponsor the broncos, broncos have so many sponsors who want to sponsor them, way more than any other club in the nrl, if their wasn't a salary cap, broncos could buy the australian team with ease, and who cares, every club hides bad behavior from players, it's called not making an issue out of nothing incidents.

I may of been worried (or happy) if it happened to a club like para or sharks, but the broncos won't have any problem getting a replacemnt by tomorrow.
HAHA your just like your club. Hide **** and defend it like no tommorow.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

the broncoes might not be to worried, at the moment, but who would want to put up sponsorship with the broncoes off field dramas in the past 12 months....

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
the broncoes might not be to worried, at the moment, but who would want to put up sponsorship with the broncoes off field dramas in the past 12 months....
the same could be said about any club, every club has it's offield drama, wasn't it tigers reserve grades who were accused of rape? sharks of 100 things? roosters cherignton pulling a knife out on his wife, manly with bret stewart, idris punching barba, maitua missing training, you get the drift, it happens.

Broncos average a crowd abve 30k a week, by far the highest in the league and often get crowds of 45k, their marekting value is huge, rugby league in qld is huge, believe me they won't have trouble finding sponsors, they have done nothing illegal, they did not glass their girlfriends, they have not been charged for anything.

So far in 2009, broncos crowd average is 38,700, they are also on free to air tv almost every week (only once this season they haven't been so far), they haven't missed the finals for 18 years, are first on the competition ladder, have superstars in the squad, and their games have huge ratings.

Their is no chance of the broncos not having enough sponsors, like i said they are lined up.
To be honest, these are mostly absolute nothing incidents, what roosters player did pulling a knife out on his wife and wanting to commit suicide is something that is worrying, not pissing on a wall, yet it'll get more coverage only because it's a broncos player.

In QLD anything broncos will make the news no matter how small it is because of how popular they are, same goes with bulldogs in sydney, arguably the most popular team in sydney so anything that happens at the dogs will make news.

Last edited by a moderator:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Typical Broncos supporter arrogance and stupidity.

1- If potential sponsors are "waitng for other sponsors to pull out just so they can sponsor the broncos" why is the sleeve sponsor the same as the main sponsor? Why not get more money from some other business/company?

2- If Broncos weren't privately owend by a multi billionaire who also happens to control 50% of the NRL, do you think your club would this successful?

Be greatful your club is owned by a multi billionaire who controls the world media.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL I love when Broncos supporters wank on about their crowd averages. Makes me giggle.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Typical Broncos supporter arrogance and stupidity.

1- If potential sponsors are "waitng for other sponsors to pull out just so they can sponsor the broncos" why is the sleeve sponsor the same as the main sponsor? Why not get more money from some other business/company?

2- If Broncos weren't privately owend by a multi billionaire who also happens to control 50% of the NRL, do you think your club would this successful?

Be greatful your club is owned by a multi billionaire who controls the world media.
1 - Goes to the highest bidder, WOW we're willing to pay the most.

2 - that's debateble. Cowboys, and Melbourne are both owned my news LTD, I definitely wouldn't call Cowboys successful by any stretch of the imagination. Melbourne successful on the field, crowd averages and everything is else is terrible, they run at a loss.

What I will say though, is if NEWS LTD didn't support the broncos from the start (back in 1988) then I don't think the broncos would of been as successful as they are today, but if they pull out now, I have no doubt that the broncos would continue to be successful.

Broncos are the only team in the NRL which regularly posts profits and unlike melbourne doesn't need the nrl to bail it out.
LOL I love when Broncos supporters wank on about their crowd averages. Makes me giggle.
Why? Titans are a one city team, So is Melbourne, so is Cowboys, broncos gets alot higher than the other one city teams, titans are a 1.5 hours away from brisbane.
Or how many Premierships that the Broncos have won........
That would hurt for a cowboys supporter, 14 year virgins, not even a minor premiership lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Goes to the highest bidder, WOW we're willing to pay the most.

that's debateble.

Cowboys, and Melbourne are both owned my news LTD, I definitely wouldn't call cowboys successful by any stretch, Melbourne successful on the field, crowd averages and everything is else is terrible, they run at a loss.

Broncos are the only team in the NRL which regularly posts profits.
1- Cowboys are not owned by News Ltd. They were but are not anymore.
2- Storm are owned by News Ltd but are a somewhat young team and Rupert and/or Lachlan aren't mad supporters of theirs. Unlike Lachlan with the Broncos.

They post profits because of the crowds they get. One city team and look at the city...Brisbane. Second most dull and boring city in Australia behind Canberra.

And who's talking profits? Canterbury have the most profitable Leagues Club in NSW and Bulldogs make up 35% of total NRL merchandise. Only the Wallabies jersey outsells the Bulldogs one.

Why? Titans are a one city team, So is Melbourne, so is Cowboys, broncos gets alot higher than the other one city teams, titans are a 1.5 hours away from brisbane.
Melbourne has to deal with the AFL, look at their crowds before you wanna brag about Broncos crowds. Townsville have a measly 140,00 population against Brisbane's 1,9 million. Titans are only a few years old. They could grow bigger.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
1- Cowboys are not owned by News Ltd. They were but are not anymore.
2- Storm are owned by News Ltd but are a somewhat young team and Rupert and/or Lachlan aren't mad supporters of theirs. Unlike Lachlan with the Broncos.

They post profits because of the crowds they get. One city team and look at the city...Brisbane. Second most dull and boring city in Australia behind Canberra.

And who's talking profits? Canterbury have the most profitable Leagues Club in NSW and Bulldogs make up 35% of total NRL merchandise. Only the Wallabies jersey outsells the Bulldogs one.

Melbourne has to deal with the AFL, look at their crowds before you wanna brag about Broncos crowds. Townsville have a measly 140,00 population against Brisbane's 1,9 million. Titans are only a few years old. They could grow bigger.
Fair enough, I can't disagree with much of what you said, and I do agree that a huge part of the broncos becoming successful was because of news ltd, but I don't want to be grateful to that scum of a company lol.

BTW, I wasn't really bragging, sgodllubsti reckons broncos might struggle to get sponsors, I think that's ridiculous and said why I think so.

The bulldogs are the 2nd richest club in the nrl, and depending which way you look at it, 2nd most successful on the field.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol he tries to compare a 3 yr old club to a 20 yr old one in terms of support

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Townsville have a measly 140,00 population against Brisbane's 1,9 million.
As far as I am concerned, Townsville is still a sh!thole and I have lived in Townsville most of my life.

I must admit, one of the very few things I like about Townsville is the fact it can take me anywhere up to 15 minutes to drive to wherever I want (and that's because the part of Townsville I live in is central to everything).

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
oh and what you're written make's it sound like there is some evil plan lol. this is the article

---------------------------

THE Brisbane Broncos repeatedly hid bad off-field player behaviour from the State Government as their $1 million sponsorship deal disintegrated.

Queensland Transport documents, obtained under Freedom of Information laws by Channel 7, reveal the department decided not to renew the three-year deal last year after a series of contract breaches as the Broncos brand was tarnished by player controversies.

The department fined the club $33,400 in 2006 after player Neville Costigan was convicted of drink-driving and Greg Eastwood was convicted of driving without a licence.

The Broncos, once again, failed to notify the department of the incident before it became public knowledge (as the contract stipulated), a Queensland Transport briefing note said.

The documents show the Broncos also refused to provide the Government with the club code of conduct after two players were sacked over an assault in 2007.

------
A) They decided not to renew, now withdraw as you put it, they're contract finished.
B) All these things were public knowledge, which was brought out through the media before sponsors found out, most incidents come through the media first these days anyway.
C) I'd bet it was the fact that all business/organisations are trying to save money which is the main reason they did not renew, not as the journo here makes out.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Kimlo, give it up.
Never ever use our crowds as an argument against nsw people, not even some Broncos supporters will agree.
You know what, just dont defend the broncos, you'll do alot better by it :p

And I really hope the Broncos club dont have the same attitude as you when it comes to sponsors, or we wont have any someday.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your right that the broncos have alot of potential sponsors. The broncos are one of the most successful clubs, both on and off the field. However, its poor to have a 'i dont care attitude', as potential sponsors will soon look to other investments. Sponsors come and go, its all part of the business. With a few drink driving charges by the players, Qld transport decieded the broncos were no longer a suitable fit so moved on.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't want to risk the current NSW State government being a sponsor. Not a good look and anyway you couldn;t be sure you would be paid. Just ask the AFL. The Dogs missed the boat when the Premier was the local member. Unfortunately a dragons rather than bulldogs supporter. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.