Other News Source Broncos looking to off load Matt Lodge

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did I read somewhere that Kevvie has said its all BS?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
HELL NO!! The game has moved pass this lumbering oaf! I wouldn't be happy with him taking up one of our roster spots even if we were only paying minimum wage!
It’s not easy to get a prop with his experience and ability for that price. He is aggressive, defends well, runs hard and breaks the line , and offloads. These skills and attributes will still be relevant next year.He might need to get a bit fitter and drop a few kegs, but that applies to a lot of players including ours.
I realise he had that incident/brain snap in the US,which was terrible.but I’m not aware of others.
We’re trying to sign JAC and Smith, who won’t be cheap,And ideally we’re chasing Staggs too who will have a hefty price tag. You need to sign some cheaper players too for the sake of the cap.And we have 3 of our props off contract next season.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not easy to get a prop with his experience and ability for that price. He is aggressive, defends well, runs hard and breaks the line , and offloads. These skills and attributes will still be relevant next year.He might need to get a bit fitter and drop a few kegs, but that applies to a lot of players including ours.
I realise he had that incident/brain snap in the US,which was terrible.but I’m not aware of others.
We’re trying to sign JAC and Smith, who won’t be cheap,And ideally we’re chasing Staggs too who will have a hefty price tag. You need to sign some cheaper players too for the sake of the cap.And we have 3 of our props off contract next season.
I would prefer to pay club money scouting young/new talent (cost of the process outside of cap except their wages should they be signed)
I just believe the years of training to develop his body in the size, shape etc will take more than one offseason to undo. The move will be to more skillful players with lighter footwork to take advantage of where the game appears to be headed. Think some of the oldschool frontrowers who could actually pick & choose the right time to offload, & actually do it rather than the robots that have been dominating recent years..how good would a Smith & Dymock be in the modern game...we need natural footballers like them, not athletes that achieve required numbers that are taught to play footy by drilling lines, with no idea or understanding why they are actually doing it or trying to achieve..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would prefer to pay club money scouting young/new talent (cost of the process outside of cap except their wages should they be signed)
I just believe the years of training to develop his body in the size, shape etc will take more than one offseason to undo. The move will be to more skillful players with lighter footwork to take advantage of where the game appears to be headed. Think some of the oldschool frontrowers who could actually pick & choose the right time to offload, & actually do it rather than the robots that have been dominating recent years..how good would a Smith & Dymock be in the modern game...we need natural footballers like them, not athletes that achieve required numbers that are taught to play footy by drilling lines, with no idea or understanding why they are actually doing it or trying to achieve..
Smith, Dymock and Pay where all skilful dynamic players .Smith in particular would have killed it in terms of line break and try assists.
I’m not saying Lodge is an ideal signing .But he’s more than just a battering ram. Napa will likely be moving on after next year, Lodge is way better than him .And we would be 250k better off.
Hopefully Baz has spotted some talent in the lower grades to develop in any case.
I think it’s a moot point anyway as Walters has said he will be at the broncos next year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s amazing how easily some players are forgiven and we’re told about their redemption when really they never should have been given another chance.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor mans Burgess. Leave him at the lodge in Brisbane

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh NO.!!!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lodge is not suited to the 6 again rule. He is way too big to be effective and you cant carry a big body for massive minutes. Would be disappointed if we picked him up

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lodge is not suited to the 6 again rule. He is way too big to be effective and you cant carry a big body for massive minutes. Would be disappointed if we picked him up
i dont beleive that, the good players can adapt and he is a good player. As long as he is injury free he would be a good signing for any team. In saying that we have no room for left unless we offload someone.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt Lodge on 700K shows there is a distinct lack of genuine front rowers in the game. He is worth half that!