Broncos Cap "Management"

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We all know the Broncos have been cheating the cap for decades...

I just read that Jack Bird has a player option in his deal that he'll obviously opt in to. If they re-sign Fifita and Flegler, their team will be even more absurdly over the cap for 2021.

Let's throw some conservative numbers out there...

Oates - 450k
Staggs - 400k
Bird - 800k
Milford - 1 million
Croft - 400k
Haas - 650k
Lodge - 700k
TPJ - 600k
Fifita - 750k
Flegler - 400k

That's over $6 million on 10 players leaving $4 million for the other 20 players or 200k each. That's not factoring in young players like Isaako, Turpin, Ofahengue, Carrigan..

At what point do they have to release or lose some talent before anything is done about it or before another club complains?

Surely someone like Flegler would leave a stacked pack like that for a better opportunity for more minutes and contract elsewhere?

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Change your name to Ian please ;)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Change your name to Ian please ;)
Haha. I'd do the job better than he did! Isn't it funny that he gets a job at the Roosters as soon as he leaves the NRL..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yawn.!!

lockdown sucks :tearsofjoy:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the Broncos signed Foran, it wouldn't have been what the Dogs are paying him.

Suck shit.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos can pay their players less money to stay for a few reasons. Players that grew up in qld don't want to leave families/friends & they all get extra money from media/tv/radio ads benefits from being a one city team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haas is on 500k which Broncos have made public.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/07/18/broncos-sign-young-gun-to-long-term-deal/

There are also some different amounts for some of the players you've mentioned according to ZeroTackle (Flegler comes to mind).

I also don't know how they've been able to keep everyone.

We also offered Carrigan a decent deal at the time which he rejected (rumoured 1m/3 years).

I thought Flegler would be great for us and he looks to be a benchie with their pack but if he's already on a hefty amount I'm not sure if we can lure him away without offering crazy money.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haas is on 500k which Broncos have made public.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/07/18/broncos-sign-young-gun-to-long-term-deal/

There are also some different amounts for some of the players you've mentioned according to ZeroTackle (Flegler comes to mind).

I also don't know how they've been able to keep everyone.

We also offered Carrigan a decent deal at the time which he rejected (rumoured 1m/3 years).

I thought Flegler would be great for us and he looks to be a benchie with their pack but if he's already on a hefty amount I'm not sure if we can lure him away without offering crazy money.
Flegler would walk into our starting side, absolute gun.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Flegler would walk into our starting side, absolute gun.
We 100% need another prop just I think we'll prioritise elsewhere for 2021. 2022 I can see us signing another prop and Flegler would probably be the best we could get.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There is every chance Haas manager will revisit the supposed $500k when you got others who are arguably not as good on $700+

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is every chance Haas manager will revisit the supposed $500k when you got others who are arguably not as good on $700+
Yeah I think in the near future he'll get bumped up a couple 100k (need to keep him happy, otherwise could be a messy situation where he leaves for more money). He's close to if not already a 1m player. He's up there with Taumalolo (I slightly edge Taumalolo).

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
might have to cross milford off the list, he may be at a sydney club next season