News Brittany Higgins enquiry

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Explain how she was entitled to the $3 million payout by the Labor Govt.
Well it’s funny you say that. I just heard that the payout & the dodgy circumstances behind it will be referred to the new federal ICAC. Labor created Federal ICAC claiming to bring transparency and ending the cover ups. I’ll get the popcorn ready and wait for the but but buts

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was there any forensic evidence taken? And the two had a coffee the next day according to seven. In the end there was not enough evidence to even charge Lehrmann..that’s not to say he didn’t do it however it strongly supports the notion that he didn’t. Although there are certainly aspects to Lehrmann’s story that remain a little dusty, to me it’s more credible than Higgins’ own recollections.

Her lawyers, and Wilkinson who is being accused of coaching Higgins, needs to be accountable for their actions. As have tarnished the credibility of future rape cases, and severely effected Higgins life, and almost saw Lehmann end his own life. Anyway regardless of being most likely innocent, his reputation will be forever be tarnished, and should be compensated for this..

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Couple of things don’t look right to me.

- she stayed till the morning, wouldn’t you go to hospital and so on?

- didn’t tell security on the way out she was raped, surely someone would do that.

- has coffee with him, who would do that with someone they were supposedly raped by?

My gut tells me it was all a lie so she could keep her job, hit the fan with Lisa backing her and she couldn’t turn back.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

- didn’t tell security on the way out she was raped, surely someone would do that.

- has coffee with him, who would do that with someone they were supposedly raped by?

My gut tells me it was all a lie so she could keep her job, hit the fan with Lisa backing her and she couldn’t turn back.
I agree with you. Knew she would be busted for stripping off and falling asleep in the minister office and had no idea how the night ended so called rape. How many blokes are locked up because of lying bitches?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

However, they’d turn it around by saying how one acts is a personal thing. I’m just being a devil’s advocate, your points are exactly what I was thinking watching the program.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you. Knew she would be busted for stripping off and falling asleep in the minister office and had no idea how the night ended so called rape. How many blokes are locked up because of lying bitches?
One case I will never forget is a girl who said she was raped, people went after him and killed him..she then later was found out to be lying. That's
why we cant jump the gun without due course first.

However, they’d turn it around by saying how one acts is a personal thing. I’m just being a devil’s advocate, your points are exactly what I was thinking watching the program.
Yep, they'd justify it somehow. I'm going off how traumatic it is for other victims and the process that follows.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Lehhman chose not to take the stand in court to clear his name but now wants to sell his story to channel 7?

I think this typifies both Higgins and Lehhman tbh. Time to move on from this.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Lehhman chose not to take the stand in court to clear his name but now wants to sell his story to channel 7?

The highest paid lawyers and barristers focus on the narrative. They know if they win that, they probably win the case. The courts are supposed to be a justice system, too often they are Storytime for adults. The high profile cases take the whole narrative thing out of the courtroom entirely.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

He actually didn’t get paid by 7..only the costs for his accommodation.. His right to defend his name in a criminal court was taken away when Higgin’s lawyer decided not to continue with criminal actions due to Higgin’s well being. Lehrman has not ruled out taking civil action against Higgins.

Last edited:

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The highest paid lawyers and barristers focus on the narrative. They know if they win that, they probably win the case. The courts are supposed to be a justice system, too often they are Storytime for adults. The high profile cases take the whole narrative thing out of the courtroom entirely.
Regardless, I don't like the whole getting on Ch 7, selling a story stuff. I know it's been said he didn't get paid by 7, but that's rubbish.

I imagine he will proceed with civil case against Higgins and potentially Wilkinson for payment as well.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Per Channel 7 - Lehrmann was not paid for the interview, only his accommodation was paid for. Now that can be a line for some very expensive accomm but thats the Seven statement.

beaten to it :grinning:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Regardless, I don't like the whole getting on Ch 7, selling a story stuff. I know it's been said he didn't get paid by 7, but that's rubbish.

I imagine he will proceed with civil case against Higgins and potentially Wilkinson for payment as well.
She used the media so why shouldn't he have the same right, he didn't have a say and deserved the chance.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per Channel 7 - Lehrmann was not paid for the interview, only his accommodation was paid for. Now that can be a line for some very expensive accomm but thats the Seven statement.

beaten to it :grinning:
Yeah I saw that, I don't believe it.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She used the media so why shouldn't he have the same right, he didn't have a say and deserved the chance.
He can do whatever he wants.

All I am saying is both are the same piece of shits. Move on.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can do whatever he wants.

All I am saying is both are the same piece of shits. Move on.
They have created so much attention and media coverage over 2 young politicians going out on the drink and having a crack. They've both definitely pocketed handsome sums of $$.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well it’s funny you say that. I just heard that the payout & the dodgy circumstances behind it will be referred to the new federal ICAC. Labor created Federal ICAC claiming to bring transparency and ending the cover ups. I’ll get the popcorn ready and wait for the but but buts
Classic. Remember all the do-gooders before the election saying that a Federal ICAC would ‘bring accountability’? Maybe this case will be the first one to test that theory because something stinks with that payout. I’ve always said no politician is any different from the other - the only difference is it’s easy to throw mud from opposition and it’s bloody hard to govern.