Brisbane Broncos to offer four-year deal for Canterbury Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think what rod is getting at (correct me if i'm wrong) is we have had a fan base long before barba was in our team and we will have a fan base long after he is gone. I will happily admit players like barba do bring your average joe who probably wouldn't attend a game or watch it on TV (whichever) to the game and obviously this drives up exposure and $$$. Let's not kid ourselves here, the NRL and all it's clubs are a business.

just look at our crowds in 2008 and now in 2013...period!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well i hate quoting myself but...........................
I will happily admit players like barba do bring your average joe who probably wouldn't attend a game or watch it on TV (whichever) to the game and obviously this drives up exposure and $$$.
*Edit:

You could also argue todd greenburg has had a big influence on our crowd figures too.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I think what rod is getting at is we have had a fan base long before barba was in our team
maybe i just imagined that?

75,000 turning up for a PF and the bulldogs had a seriously non superstar team including barba not selected or 40,000 for our final regular season game

maybe people only went to those games to protest why barba wasnt in the team?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well i hate quoting myself but...........................

*Edit:

You could also argue todd greenburg has had a big influence on our crowd figures too.
yes agree with you on all the above... i was basically confirming the point you made

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
my favourite crowd was when they couldn't get close to selling out the mackay stadium lol

i expect a super bumper crowd this week, no barba no problems we still have a mouth watering inglis vs morris

btw speaking of barba brings butts to the seat, wtf happened towards the end of 2011 when barba was in full swing?

crowds of 14k, 10k, 8k ffs

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think we will bring games to Mackay if he goes and don't secure Hoffman?

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question! someone should ask this on the Members night this week.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we'll probably just shop that game around to the highest bidder

im a fan of taking a home game vs the warriors back to wellington after this years game

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bout a game out in the country like Mudgee,Bathurst or Wagga Wagga. somewhere in the sticks where we can give back to the community.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
we'll probably just shop that game around to the highest bidder

im a fan of taking a home game vs the warriors back to wellington after this years game
Warriors get good home crowd numbers and we have some decent support out in NZ so it would be a good move!

How bout a game out in the country like Mudgee,Bathurst or Wagga Wagga. somewhere in the sticks where we can give back to the community.
We definitely need to give back to the country, they have provided us with so many talents and our club loves to pick from the country. I'm sure we have good support out in the country due to all the players we have taken and grown with.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if were talking about giving back to the community, how about belmore

the country should stick to the farming

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
if were talking about giving back to the community, how about belmore

the country should stick to the farming
If the government could hurry up and provide funding plus approvement to fix up Belmore Oval then it would be awesome and easier for local fans to travel to.

We need to thicken our country connection because you can find superstars out there who get overlooked due to being so far away from the city.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If the government could hurry up and provide funding plus approvement to fix up Belmore Oval then it would be awesome and easier for local fans to travel to.

We need to thicken our country connection because you can find superstars out there who get overlooked due to being so far away from the city.
the entire population of mudgee could fit on the hill at belmore tbh

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
All this talk of bringing Hoffman or another Bronco to the Dogs, does anyone actually think this is a viable option? What if Hoffman doesn't want to leave? I'm sure he has more reason to remain in QLD than Barba

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All this talk of bringing Hoffman or another Bronco to the Dogs, does anyone actually think this is a viable option? What if Hoffman doesn't want to leave? I'm sure he has more reason to remain in QLD than Barba
Maybe we can con his Mrs into packing up and pissing of to Sydney

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well looking at the situation the Broncos are getting into with Barba and Milford, and our situation it might be viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.