Brisbane Based Fans Rejoice - Rd 11 v Cowboys at Suncorp !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I just read this in the Sunday Mail:

And the May 25-28 weekend will feature two games at Suncorp, with the Broncos taking on the Newcastle Knights and the Cowboys meeting the Bulldogs.

The corresponding game last season -- won 20-12 by the Bulldogs -- drew 16,231 to 19,000-capacity Carrara Stadium, encouraging the Bulldogs to make the financially lucrative move to Suncorp this year.

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said his players had always enjoyed visiting Suncorp Stadium.

"I don't know if it's because of the great atmosphere or because of the strong support from the Bulldogs fans in Brisbane, but I know we're looking forward to Suncorp being our home ground for that one round of the NRL season."
Here is the link:

http://www.news.com.au/sundaymail/story/0,23739,21020740-10389,00.html

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
By my calculations, we will get to see the Dogs play 3 times in Sth East QLD ... being in rounds 11, 19 & 23.

And given that I always travel to the Townsville game, I will get to see them in rd 25.

H

Haztrick

Awesome. I'm anxious for the season to start, I don't know how much longer I can last, lol

T

tallis12

By my calculations, we will get to see the Dogs play 3 times in Sth East QLD ... being in rounds 11, 19 & 23.

And given that I always travel to the Townsville game, I will get to see them in rd 25.
There is a game at suncorp if im not mistaken broncos vs bulldogs that will be a great game.:D

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
great news... ill be up there to watch it

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen a Bulldogs v Cowboys game because they're never in Sydney ffs

hunt fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously what is it with teams wanting to use Suncorp. First it's the Titans, then the Dragons move a home game and now the Dogs. What isn't one game there good enough for them? I know it's a great ground but it's going to be worn out. It has all the Broncos home matches plus one of the titans, dragons and Bulldogs and the Anzac test. Each team has there own home ground for a reason. The cowboys are going to feel more at home than the Dogs, I'm thinking they are going to lose the game because of the move.

H

Haztrick

Where doing it for the Brisbane based fans/members who don't get to see many or any games of ours. Stop hating for no reason.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill be up there to do the double!!
- Origin 1
- Bulldogs v Cowboys

Can't wait for the season to start...only a few months now guys!

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Seriously what is it with teams wanting to use Suncorp. First it's the Titans, then the Dragons move a home game and now the Dogs. What isn't one game there good enough for them? I know it's a great ground but it's going to be worn out. It has all the Broncos home matches plus one of the titans, dragons and Bulldogs and the Anzac test. Each team has there own home ground for a reason. The cowboys are going to feel more at home than the Dogs, I'm thinking they are going to lose the game because of the move.
There is a massive Bulldog fan base here in Brisbane and I am tipping that the crowd will be more Bulldog than Cowboy. There are also a lot of rugby league fans who are not Broncos fans and want to see a good game of football.

The same with St George. When they scored on the hooter last year and then converted from the sideline, the roar that went up was massive.

The more that Suncorp is used the better ... particularly for Stadium members like myself who get tickets to every game there.

D

D0ggyStylz

There is a massive Bulldog fan base here in Brisbane and I am tipping that the crowd will be more Bulldog than Cowboy. There are also a lot of rugby league fans who are not Broncos fans and want to see a good game of football.

The same with St George. When they scored on the hooter last year and then converted from the sideline, the roar that went up was massive.

The more that Suncorp is used the better ... particularly for Stadium members like myself who get tickets to every game there.
There will be more boo's for the bulldogs than cheers.

T

TdoggBulldog

Who cares.. Aren't you still playing your round game there anyway?

You should be glad theres more league in your area...

I get ****ty teams in mackay every year... but dont care... i watch it because me seeing any league in my town, let alone 2 first grade teams coming here once a year.. is a rare thing.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
its crap i reckon, the bulldogs belong in sydney not brisbane.Why forsake home ground advantage (even though it will be a "home game").trying selling this to potential members?.

Status
Not open for further replies.