Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there that day too, 38,000 attended and I recon it was 40% Bulldogs supporters on that day...we absolutely smashed them!!
Best part was Bennett's facial expression in the coach's box! That team should have created another bulldogs dynasty!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, i think you have no clue. And you need to get over ennis leaving among other things.

If you cant find it within yourself to muster any kind of hope or positivity in a difficult season, then thats your problem.
First of all Ennis was pushed and secondly I only bring up his name when it's appropriate or relevant to the discussion, unlike yourself using it now as a cheap shot.

It's round 20 babes, we've got no attack and our defence is average..bottom line is our preparation is unsatisfactory it's just like getting an E in your report,, you're not going to beat an A grade student in an exam . Stop kidding yourself.
I still support the team but I have no grand illusion
Dib said wait till the end of the season before we judge the team! Is he back from his holiday yet! Hahaha...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its definitely winnable, still got a few days to sort out the bullshit, the Knights nearly beat them so we should have a good crack at it, the bench will be interesting.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First of all Ennis was pushed and secondly I only bring up his name when it's appropriate or relevant to the discussion, unlike yourself using it now as a cheap shot.

It's round 20 babes, we've got no attack and our defence is average..bottom line is our preparation is unsatisfactory it's just like getting an E in your report,, you're not going to beat an A grade student in an exam . Stop kidding yourself.
I still support the team but I have no grand illusion
I disagree, Ennis made the decision on his future at the Bulldogs, the dogs did not ask him to move on, they actually wanted him to stay but, with a shorter period of time playing (2 years I think) then move into an assistant role come media with the club. Ennis wanted a 3 year deal and that was that!!

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I lived in Brisbane 6 years.
Always went to the Dogs games there.
Also always plenty of Canterbury fans at the games.
One game we put them to the sword 50 or 48 to 6.
Man those were days.
Good luck to us all on Thursday.
2004 -
Bulldogs 46 Brisbane Broncos 18
Crowd - 49,571

Brent Sherwin destroyed Brisbane that game... Minimum 15-20K Bulldog supporters were at the game, one of the greatest!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree, Ennis made the decision on his future at the Bulldogs, the dogs did not ask him to move on, they actually wanted him to stay but, with a shorter period of time playing (2 years I think) then move into an assistant role come media with the club. Ennis wanted a 3 year deal and that was that!!
No Ennis was offered only one year, if that's not insult enough his role was to train up wonderboy Lichaa.. but Ennis was hitting his prime and wanted to play so he moved on.

And that's why I hate Des.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guessing Hasler's squad vs Brisbane

1. Hoppa
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Stanley
5. Holland
6. Reynolds
7. Mbye
8. Tolman
9. Frawley
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Klemmer

14. Kasiano
15. Fualalo
16. RFM
17.. Lichaa

18. Montoya
19. Tualau
20. Lee
21. ?????

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This @Wolfmother

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Theres a very good chance the broncs are going to punch fist your guys anal cavities out there, so bad that it causes advanced and extreme rectal prolapse.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No that's not what happened. Des pushed him out by offering him only a one year contract where Ennis was going to be benched while the prodigy would play .. Fuck off Des you ****

I can't seem to open the article but it states Ennis was only offered a 1 year contract and that he was pushed/squeezed out of the bulldogs

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...michael-ennis-20150718-gif94s?deviceType=text
The point is, who cares? Great players come and go. Always will. Been happening for the 30 years i have supported the club. He is not a protected species.
Sometimes its good when a player is moved on, and some times its not. But thats football.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
2004 -
Crowd - 49,571

Brent Sherwin destroyed Brisbane that game... Minimum 15-20K Bulldog supporters were at the game, one of the greatest!

That's right.
Your memory is better than mine.
Great day that one.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! We were colossal in 2002 & 2004. Scoring tries at will, steered by decent halves

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The point is, who cares? Great players come and go. Always will. Been happening for the 30 years i have supported the club. He is not a protected species.
Sometimes its good when a player is moved on, and some times its not. But thats football.
The actual point is Des singlehandedly ruined our momentum.. We had a hooker/captain that was the centre of our structure , we made the grand final in 2014 against insurmountable odds, we were 7th with only 7 f/a points and got to the Grand Final FFS.
Ennis won a Grand Final 2 years later coincidence??? I think not.
My point is Des was reckless and irresponsible , gambled the jackpot on red or black because he's an arrogant prick

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the lads might not be able to score much points but they can make a mean chai latte according to the Instagram which the rest of the elite teams are doing extras working on fine tuning attack and last tackle options

hope fully the lads can have a go and have a decent game I'm going to the game first dogs game in 2 years due to work commitments so fingers crossed we can put one on the broncos

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004 -
Crowd - 49,571

More attacking flair in these highlights than I've seen from the dogs this year.

I'm not joking.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2004 -
Crowd - 49,571

That game was great, what a difference good halfs make, granted that team was stacked with talent I think the grand final had Jonathan Thurston and SBW on the bench lol! It sucks Broncos got some revenge in the 2006 preliminary final that game will haunt me forever since we had the wood on the storm and would have faced them in the grand final.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No Ennis was offered only one year, if that's not insult enough his role was to train up wonderboy Lichaa.. but Ennis was hitting his prime and wanted to play so he moved on.

And that's why I hate Des.
OK, thanks for correcting me however I do not think Mick staying would have given a premiership to us during his playing days with the Sharks, the club and Des gampled on Lichaa and lost out, shit happens to all teams when some players purchased just don't work out. Time to move forward!!

Status
Not open for further replies.