Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely this will be the final nail in dessies coffin

Reactions: DT

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if Graham plays on Thursday. Waiting for the injury update.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wonder if Graham plays on Thursday. Waiting for the injury update.
Na he won't play. Aiming for the game against Penriff. Should just take the season off and rest up for the Knights next season tbh.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na he won't play. Aiming for the game against Penriff. Should just take the season off and rest up for the Knights next season tbh.
If we loose him to the knights, you'd think - they'd be decent room in the cap for Cronk. It be sad to see him leave though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we loose him to the knights, you'd think - they'd be decent room in the cap for Cronk. It be sad to see him leave though.
I couldn't care less if he left tbh. I actually have nightmares of us fielding the slowest middle third in NRL history of Tolman, Graham and Woods lol. While Des sits Klemmer on the bench haha.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope not but against Brisbane I think it be like.......

AND any Broncos fan who thinks it will be a massive triumph to beat our side after the way we have performed this year is living in

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i wonder why people still suggest what team we should go with in the next game to be more competitive.

you can have team of immortals in your line up and Des will find a way to fuck it up.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can throw in whoever you want into whatever position your heart desires.

The fact is this core group is dead.

Hasler has mentally drained and killed off this current squad.

There are too many players who have been under the Hasler regime for too long. He has not changed his ways and the majority of the comp has jumped the Bulldogs by a fair distance.

People are delusional if they think we can change our style overnight. It is impossible to change overnight or in one offseason, especially hearing the same voice. It has been years of the same shitty structures and boring game plans. Players are mentally drained and fatigued hearing the same voice.

Even if Hasbeen decides to change things up, its too little too late, the damage has been done.

You want Hasler to stay, you need a whole new squad from 1 to 17, who have not been coached by Hasler.

Hasler to piss off, and there is a new lease of life under another coach who can identify all of our players strengths and weaknesses, implement a new and effective game plan along with a training program to get the players phys ically and mentally match fit. All in all, a new voice who will not bore the paint off the walls.

#deshaslerout
We and Suffs are the 2 ancient attacking style. To watch each team is like taking a time warp to 2011...block plays, halves standing out the back crabbing crossfield. Do Hasler and Maguire honestly think its the way to play to win. Both museum relics of a bygone era....not returning anytime soon. You could give Hasler the Australian side and hed have them playing the same way. Changing the players is not the answer. Nudge nudge wink wink..say no more...Fuck off Des.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
All things being true we will get flogged. On the other hand if we show to be competitive than that just highlights why I am so frustrated at our current state of affairs. For years now we are inconsistent and a miserable team. Broncs 38 - Dogs 10.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We and Suffs are the 2 ancient attacking style. To watch each team is like taking a time warp to 2011...block plays, halves standing out the back crabbing crossfield. Do Hasler and Maguire honestly think its the way to play to win. Both museum relics of a bygone era....not returning anytime soon. You could give Hasler the Australian side and hed have them playing the same way. Changing the players is not the answer. Nudge nudge wink wink..say no more...Fuck off Des.
At the very least, Maguire holds his players to account, if players perform poorly they will find themselves playing reggies...

Dogs1938

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate, can I have some of what you are on?

If you think we were good then you have some seriously shitty standards.

Suncorp is going to be a slaughterfest. The jet is going to tear us a new one.
Hopefully Jmoz is up against him

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on guys - this is the only game i get to all year (well, I might go to the Tits game as well).

Stop ruining my night before it has started!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys - this is the only game i get to all year (well, I might go to the Tits game as well).

Stop ruining my night before it has started!
"Tits game"! Sounds more interesting than any game I've been to! ever!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First of all I want to state that Mbye was superb and should maintain the hooker position. He was the prime reason to why we created so many oppotunities. Mbye quick dummy half service helped us get the ball out to our backs inadvertently leaving the Newcastle defence vulnerable.
Unfortunately, our execution was abysmal and really needs to be worked on. I was watching back the first half and the amount of missed oppotunities was ludicrious.

Matt frawley is really showing that he isn't first grade standard and is nothing more than an average reserve grader with a half decent kicking game. I'm not nessecarily saying he is a bad player as he showed many positives against the Gronks (broncos) earlier in the season. To tell you the truth I think everyone just jizzed there selfves as he forced multiple goal line dropouts.

Futhormore, the team still needs to go through a huge rebuilding process. Hopoate is to slow, Morris brothers have nothing more to offer, Tolman is a huge momentum killer and the list goes on and on and on.

Here is a team that IMO could work at suncorp:

1. Brett Morris
2. Josh Morris
3. Richie Kenner
4. Will Hopoate
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Matt Frawley
8. Aiden tolman
9. Mosss Mbye
10. David klemmer
11. Adam Elliot
12. RFM
13. Josh Jackson

14. Sam kasiano
15. Danny fualolo
16. Francis tulou
17. Josh cleeland
That's actually a pretty good team worth toiling with.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yep. We pretty much got nothing to do now. May as well play like a training run because the Broncos can put 50 on us if they wanted to any embarrass us.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at how we have played over the season, "pedestrian" would sum us up pretty well.

On a good day we win the game in the middle 60-70 metres of the field, the problem with that is we can only score points at the try line.

This of course brings up another problem: When we get close to the oppositions try line we have no idea of how to execute a play that will result in a try. And lets not forget that our last tackle options are abysmal. So basically, in attack if we can't magic up a long range try we're not worth a cracker.

So being logical, the Broncos at Graveyard Suncorp should give it to us big time; I'd say at the rate of four tries per half. So I reckon it will be about 48 to fuck all when its all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.