News Brisbane’s NRL season has hit a new low with the club’s Mad Monday celebrations turning ugly as two forwards clashed.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Probably. But all they did was hurt each other and they've kissed and made up. The club should discipline them but that's it.
I totally agree with you. But the NRL makes a stance sometimes and then does nothing other times.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beer a fight and a dance standard night out in the day. Now everyone’s dressed up like Fukien star wars

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How bad was this really if the Broncos couldn't sweep it under the carpet?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably. But all they did was hurt each other and they've kissed and made up. The club should discipline them but that's it.
When they kissed, was it in a cubicle & did one party have his shirt off?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Broncos star cut as teammates have bust-up

Broncos rising stars Tom Flegler and Jordan Riki have clashed in post-season celebrations that turned sour between the two young forwards.

Flegler, 22, and Riki 21, were out partying last Wednesday night when a disagreement turned into a physical altercation.

The pair made up the next day and apologised to each other. They self-reported the incident to the Broncos.

Flegler copped a four-week suspension for a high shot in Brisbane's Round 24 match against the Sharks, so was not involved as the club finished a disappointing season on a high with a win over the finals-bound Knights in Round 25.

Riki started the game and has been one of the good news stories for the club in 2021 as they start to rebuild under Kevin Walters.

The Broncos sent a statement to Wide World of Sports confirming the incident.

"We were out last Wednesday night and got in a wrestle that went a little wrong and Jordan ended up with a cut above his eye," Flegler said in the statement.

Broncos rising star Tom Flegler.
© GettyBroncos rising star Tom Flegler.
"We went our separate ways that night and I gave him a call the next day to sort it out. It was silly and I apologised. We've agreed to keep our wrestling sessions to in-season from now on."

"Tom reached out to me the next day and we spoke about what happened and we are absolutely sweet. I appreciated him being up front and getting in contact and we're both now looking forward to a bit of a break," Riki added.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Much worse than a little topless boogie in a restaurant bathroom. Both should have their contracts torn up.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Next time give them some gloves and a ring.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And there we have it. Media reports that there was a lot more to the punch up than first reported...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes a nice change not being in the headlines :grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
like what? Please elaborate or post story.
Okay. Unfortunately I can't download the full story but it was reported in the Sunday Tele yesterday. Notice that they don't use the words Mad Monday either because the NRL banned that....Originally it was reported that Jordan had a cut above the eye...and that they sorted it...
Revealed: Real reason for Broncos bust-up
WHAT’S THE BUZZ: It’s been downplayed as playful wrestle, but we can reveal the truth behind Brisbane’s end-of-season scrap — check out all the latest NRL chatter and more.

This is the text from the paper

We can now reveal why Broncos stars Jordan Riki and Tom Flegler came to blows at the team's post season drinks in Brisbane.
Despite denials from the club re the seriousness of the incident, Flegler and Riki were not just involved in what was described as a playful wrestle according to our mail.
The incident reached a flash point when Riki continually goaded another Broncos player.
Flegler took exception to his antics and told him to stop. When he didn't he copped one on the chin.
Riki needed stitches in his lip and was noticeable in his absence at the team's awards presentation the next evening...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay. Unfortunately I can't download the full story but it was reported in the Sunday Tele yesterday. Notice that they don't use the words Mad Monday either because the NRL banned that....Originally it was reported that Jordan had a cut above the eye...and that they sorted it...
Revealed: Real reason for Broncos bust-up
WHAT’S THE BUZZ: It’s been downplayed as playful wrestle, but we can reveal the truth behind Brisbane’s end-of-season scrap — check out all the latest NRL chatter and more.

This is the text from the paper

We can now reveal why Broncos stars Jordan Riki and Tom Flegler came to blows at the team's post season drinks in Brisbane.
Despite denials from the club re the seriousness of the incident, Flegler and Riki were not just involved in what was described as a playful wrestle according to our mail.
The incident reached a flash point when Riki continually goaded another Broncos player.
Flegler took exception to his antics and told him to stop. When he didn't he copped one on the chin.
Riki needed stitches in his lip and was noticeable in his absence at the team's awards presentation the next evening...
Thanks, my only problem with it is the source - not exactly reliable.