Bring back Moses Mbye

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye wants out and to play somewhere else for 22 despite being under contract for 800k. I'm sure Des would take him back though. He's delusional enough to still think Mbye is good.

Good luck to the Tigers getting a club to pay much of that deal. They might have to pay 500k of that minimum.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who Mbye?? If that half a trick pony ever set foot into Belmore again FBaz would be a goner...

100%
Yeah that would be a Dean Pay/Andersons type of move in the same vein of their failed Reynolds pursuit...

I doubt we'll go near him and think Des will take him back but if we show even the slightest interest I'd be concerned.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah that would be a Dean Pay/Andersons type of move in the same vein of their failed Reynolds pursuit...

I doubt we'll go near him and think Des will take him back but if we show even the slightest interest I'd be concerned.
I would rub two sticks together...

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many ex bulldogs are up for grabs

Taupau
Eseese
Finucane
Kasiano ?
Klmmer maybe

Cant hurt 1 year deals 2012 again

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many ex bulldogs are up for grabs

Taupau
Eseese
Finucane
Kasiano ?
Klmmer maybe

Cant hurt 1 year deals 2012 again
Klemmer is never allowed back. Neither is his girlfriend Sharon. Kasiano is done..

Finucane if he was cheap enough (worried about his injuries and style of play catching up to him) on a short term deal and Taupau if he didn't cost too much I'd take back for sure.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should demote Allan to mounties next year

Instead of staggs bring in rona 2years to play centre till Alomoti is ready

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wests Tigers utility Moses Mbye has been granted permission to negotiate with rivals for 2022.

The Sydney Morning Heraldreports the Tigers gave Mbye permission after the 27-year-old approached the club on Wednesday, with the club since confirming its position on the matter.

Mbye is contracted until the end of 2022 on a deal understood to be worth north of $800,000 per season.

Despite being one of the Tigers’ biggest earners, he has started the last two weeks on the bench.

Mbye confirmed to the Herald that he is open to a switch for 2022, saying it could be a “win-win” situation for all parties involved.

Let’s be brutally honest, I don’t think the club would be thrilled that their marquee player is being used off the bench for half an hour a week,” he said.

“I’m not ashamed to admit that the club is not getting value for money out of me. I have a big opinion of the club and want to be part of its success. It’s why I have no intention of leaving this year or leaving the club in a hole.

But I know this opportunity can benefit the club as well as myself and it may work out a win-win situation for both parties.

“I get the opportunity to look around and find a club that wants me to play more minutes, and potentially even another year on top of my deal.

“If it doesn’t work out elsewhere then I have no hesitations committing myself to the Tigers in 2022, but I feel it’s an avenue worth exploring.

“The club has been very supportive and understanding of my situation and whatever the outcome there will be no issue between me and the Wests Tigers

I still feel like I have a lot to offer a club. I know things haven’t panned out the way I would have liked at the Tigers, but sometimes a fresh start can make a big difference and perhaps that’s where I am at in life.

“I don’t know what the future holds but I appreciate the honest conversations I’ve had with the Tigers. I’m not one to play games or beat around the bush. I’d rather be up front about where things are at and we’ll see where things end up.”

The Tigers released a statement on Wednesday night.

“Wests Tigers can confirm that, upon request from the player, Moses Mbye has been granted permission to discuss his playing future with other clubs from the 2022 NRL season,” it read.

“Mbye, who is currently under contract at Wests Tigers until the end of 2022, has not asked for a request to be released from his contract.

“Moses has expressed his firm commitment to the club and its playing group for the 2021 season, with the request to discuss his playing future pertaining to his preference to secure a long-term deal elsewhere.

Moses remains an integral part of the club’s squad for the 2021 season and the club has reiterated its position that his significance remains as such following this move.

The Herald reports that the Tigers are willing to pay up to half of his salary next season.

Mbye is an incredibly versatile player having lined up at fullback, centre, hooker and in the halves throughout his nine-year career in the top grade. He has played 138 NRL games over stints with the Bulldogs and Tigers, and represented Queensland in the 2019 State of Origin series.

He was appointed captain by coach Michael Maguire in 2019, however he stood down from the role at the end of last season to focus on his personal game.

Mbye now joins South Sydney halfback, Adam Reynolds, as another star player on the hunt for a new club next season

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He still has the gift of the gab. If only he could play half as well as he talks. He'd make a good politician.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are finally about to have cap space and you want to waste it on this dud? I’d rather play whoever we have in Flegg before bringing this guy back.
A player of his quality can’t be happy playing off the bench. Could be our long term answer at hooker. Has played a grand final in the position. Would bring a winning culture back to the team.

Thoughts?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wests Tigers utility Moses Mbye has been granted permission to negotiate with rivals for 2022.

The Sydney Morning Heraldreports the Tigers gave Mbye permission after the 27-year-old approached the club on Wednesday, with the club since confirming its position on the matter.

Mbye is contracted until the end of 2022 on a deal understood to be worth north of $800,000 per season.

Despite being one of the Tigers’ biggest earners, he has started the last two weeks on the bench.

Mbye confirmed to the Herald that he is open to a switch for 2022, saying it could be a “win-win” situation for all parties involved.

Let’s be brutally honest, I don’t think the club would be thrilled that their marquee player is being used off the bench for half an hour a week,” he said.

“I’m not ashamed to admit that the club is not getting value for money out of me. I have a big opinion of the club and want to be part of its success. It’s why I have no intention of leaving this year or leaving the club in a hole.

But I know this opportunity can benefit the club as well as myself and it may work out a win-win situation for both parties.

“I get the opportunity to look around and find a club that wants me to play more minutes, and potentially even another year on top of my deal.

“If it doesn’t work out elsewhere then I have no hesitations committing myself to the Tigers in 2022, but I feel it’s an avenue worth exploring.

“The club has been very supportive and understanding of my situation and whatever the outcome there will be no issue between me and the Wests Tigers

I still feel like I have a lot to offer a club. I know things haven’t panned out the way I would have liked at the Tigers, but sometimes a fresh start can make a big difference and perhaps that’s where I am at in life.

“I don’t know what the future holds but I appreciate the honest conversations I’ve had with the Tigers. I’m not one to play games or beat around the bush. I’d rather be up front about where things are at and we’ll see where things end up.”

The Tigers released a statement on Wednesday night.

“Wests Tigers can confirm that, upon request from the player, Moses Mbye has been granted permission to discuss his playing future with other clubs from the 2022 NRL season,” it read.

“Mbye, who is currently under contract at Wests Tigers until the end of 2022, has not asked for a request to be released from his contract.

“Moses has expressed his firm commitment to the club and its playing group for the 2021 season, with the request to discuss his playing future pertaining to his preference to secure a long-term deal elsewhere.

Moses remains an integral part of the club’s squad for the 2021 season and the club has reiterated its position that his significance remains as such following this move.

The Herald reports that the Tigers are willing to pay up to half of his salary next season.

Mbye is an incredibly versatile player having lined up at fullback, centre, hooker and in the halves throughout his nine-year career in the top grade. He has played 138 NRL games over stints with the Bulldogs and Tigers, and represented Queensland in the 2019 State of Origin series.

He was appointed captain by coach Michael Maguire in 2019, however he stood down from the role at the end of last season to focus on his personal game.

Mbye now joins South Sydney halfback, Adam Reynolds, as another star player on the hunt for a new club next season
What an orator! That’s just one big, sexy quote salad.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No unless he pays back the overs we paid him when he was with us... So he pays the club to play

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer is never allowed back. Neither is his girlfriend Sharon. Kasiano is done..

Finucane if he was cheap enough (worried about his injuries and style of play catching up to him) on a short term deal and Taupau if he didn't cost too much I'd take back for sure.
I always get Sharon & Raelene mixed up - separated at birth perhaps.