Bring back Herman

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
From Clarkeys column on facebook

Herman Ese'ese has reportedly sounded out the New Zealand Warriors to see if there is an opportunity to join the club.
___
According to The Newcastle Herald there is more than meets the eye in regards to Ese'ese being dropped for a second time this season. Ese'ese played in the NSW Cup earlier today with his side losing 36-12 against Mounties.
___
Barry Toohey writes, "We're hearing Ese'ese, who lost his father Meli to cancer late last year, reacted to his round one axing from the NRL squad by making discreet inquiries about a possible move back home to New Zealand and the Warriors. Word got back to the club to that effect."
___
The Newcastle Knights boast a lot of depth in the middle even with both the Saifiti brothers currently out injured. If Ese'ese was to pursue a release I believe the Knights would allow his request.
___

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think we should really bring back Herman Ese’ese from the Knights. He’s one of our juniors who is currently out of favour and fills a position of need. We really need a forward who runs hard and straight bending the line. I think he’d be a perfect addition to our prop rotation
You mean a player like David Klemmer??

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For mid this year or next year the dogs badly need to look to sign 2 team / club leadership players while our lower grade players are maturing.
I am sure this happened when the dogs last lost a lot of senior players.
It was when Lamb was playing and the dogs signed an experienced second rower from the tigers.( Mc someone). It worked well then.
Who they would be I can only guess.
Would that have been Bruce McGuire the second rower/prop forward? He came to us early 90's.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Knights don't have a cap problem and need to release players. At least Woods played for us after being signed. Ramien hadn't played a game for knights yet. Never heard of a player being released without playing a game for the new club

Ramien played yesterday and scored a try...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ramien played yesterday and scored a try...
Yeh ok..what has that got to do with anything? 2 ppl in a row not reading earlier comments to see what was being talked about, and giving me irrelevant replies.

doggydaddy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Would that have been Bruce McGuire the second rower/prop forward? He came to us early 90's.
Yes that's the player I was thinking of.
McGuire and a one leg Lamb led an inexperienced dogs team to have a good season.
Youth need good leaders.
2019 Dogs need good leaders.
Josh needs to be VC under a good leader to gain experience.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Clarkeys column on facebook

Herman Ese'ese has reportedly sounded out the New Zealand Warriors to see if there is an opportunity to join the club.
___
According to The Newcastle Herald there is more than meets the eye in regards to Ese'ese being dropped for a second time this season. Ese'ese played in the NSW Cup earlier today with his side losing 36-12 against Mounties.
___
Barry Toohey writes, "We're hearing Ese'ese, who lost his father Meli to cancer late last year, reacted to his round one axing from the NRL squad by making discreet inquiries about a possible move back home to New Zealand and the Warriors. Word got back to the club to that effect."
___
The Newcastle Knights boast a lot of depth in the middle even with both the Saifiti brothers currently out injured. If Ese'ese was to pursue a release I believe the Knights would allow his request.
___
Wow they’d be getting a talented prop on the cheap. Him and Ah Mau would be a great tandem off the bench. I hope we still make him an offer as he is way better than Sue or Fualalo

gordon

Waterboy
Reaction score
i think we should really bring back Herman Ese’ese from the Knights. He’s one of our juniors who is currently out of favour and fills a position of need. We really need a forward who runs hard and straight bending the line. I think he’d be a perfect addition to our prop rotation
Bring back Tapau!

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After that game on the weekend that he played, there is no reason why we shouldn't sign him. He's definetly better than Thompson who is on 800k and also was a Bulldog junior. Also Royce Hunt is a Bulldog junior I would love for to be back and he's killing it at the Sharks playing in the number 10 position. We need energy of the bench, when TPJ or King get off and Hunt/Herman exactly do it. Taupau is also another Bulldog junior i would love to bring back but he's washed and is terrible, no impact at all and is off-contract (most likely retiring), and he's 32 years of age.

8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Royce Hunt
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Josh Jackson
13. Max King

14. Bailey Biondi-Odo
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Herman Ese'ese
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
After that game on the weekend that he played, there is no reason why we shouldn't sign him. He's definetly better than Thompson who is on 800k and also was a Bulldog junior. Also Royce Hunt is a Bulldog junior I would love for to be back and he's killing it at the Sharks playing in the number 10 position. We need energy of the bench, when TPJ or King get off and Hunt/Herman exactly do it. Taupau is also another Bulldog junior i would love to bring back but he's washed and is terrible, no impact at all and is off-contract (most likely retiring), and he's 32 years of age.

8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Royce Hunt
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Josh Jackson
13. Max King

14. Bailey Biondi-Odo
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Herman Ese'ese
FFS…. Ese Ese is now better than Thompson, c’mon Omar!
It wasn’t long ago people wanted to bury RFM after a 1.5yr absence, and now look at him!
As For Royce Hunt, if he was that good, surely by now, the Sharks, Dogs, heck…. Manchester United would have signed him by now!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't crack bench at titans or knights. Clearly something wrong there

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS…. Ese Ese is now better than Thompson, c’mon Omar!
It wasn’t long ago people wanted to bury RFM after a 1.5yr absence, and now look at him!
As For Royce Hunt, if he was that good, surely by now, the Sharks, Dogs, heck…. Manchester United would have signed him by now!
this thought deserves another thread, get on it omar

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's a benchy behind Isaac Liu then no thanks Liu was terrible!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Royce Hunt
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Josh Jackson
13. Max King

14. Bailey Biondi-Odo
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Herman Ese'ese
tfeh