Brian Lara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
What a champion !!.

After being ripped off by the umpires in the first 2 tests and bagged by every so called expert in the media, he has stood up like the true champion that he is and belted an unbeaten double ton !

"87.4 Lee to Lara, FOUR, Great shot and Lara reaches the double hundred in style! bouncer, pulled handsomely in front of square"

BulldogForLife

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Lara is a very inconsistent player. I'm not just talking about his bad run with the umpires here in Australia, either. In general, he seems to get very low scores for awhile, then makes up for it with a superman effort. I'm not sure I like that kind of situation, actually. I prefer guys averaging around 40, who hit tons every other innings.

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to Lara, he's great to watch when he gets going, but as bulldogsfor life said he is kind of inconsistent. But still well done on your 200 so far:grinning:

Last edited by a moderator:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Brian Lara is the second best batsmen in the world. A joy to watch.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BulldogForLife said:
Lara is a very inconsistent player. I'm not just talking about his bad run with the umpires here in Australia, either. In general, he seems to get very low scores for awhile, then makes up for it with a superman effort. I'm not sure I like that kind of situation, actually. I prefer guys averaging around 40, who hit tons every other innings.
Ya know how to make things not so great dont cha lol

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BulldogForLife said:
No, I'm just pointing out a fact :grinning:
yes...yes you are:grinning:...but ya gotta admit...when he's good....he's good :slick:

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Yeah well done Lara, congrats on the 200 dude. i still rate him better than tendulkar, coz Lara has faced better quality bowling attacks especially attacks like Australia that have Mcgrath & Warne.

Lara is Mcgrath's bunny, & he is the one bowler Lara has never got the better of 7 admits himself is the best he's faced.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Now he is the greatest run scorer of all time !!. To put that in perspective, he has more runs from less tests than all of the following:

Allan Border
Steve Waugh
Sachin Tendulkar
Sunny Gavaskar
Graeme Gooch
Javed Miandad
Viv Richards

BulldogForLife

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Go_The_Doggies said:
yes...yes you are:grinning:...but ya gotta admit...when he's good....he's good :slick:
Sure, as I said, once in awhile he comes out with an absolutely superman effort, that few could ever hope to match. So he has vast abilities... he just doesn't always show them. He needs to get 'in the zone' - and that's becoming rarer and rarer for him.

H

Hazmak

Yep...

I'd like to see you go out and crack tons every other innings when ur THIRTY SIX years old.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
BulldogForLife said:
lol. Don't say anything else, you already sound stupid enough. You have no idea.

T

TdoggBulldog

i found it entertaining watching him...and usually cricket bores me....

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cricket only bores me if NZ or Auzzie arnt playing....i cant wait for next saturday...NZ vs Auzzie....muwhahaha

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good on him, he has had the added pressure of carrying a team as well, imagine how good he could have been if he had the pleasure of comeing in after gorden grenidge, desmond haynes and viv richards had laid a platform for him and he was comeing in with a decent score on the board instead of under pressure

Brissy_Gals

Kathryn n Bella
Reaction score
Well dONE Lara great job ... :grinning: the game has been great sooo far

Status
Not open for further replies.