Brett Kimmorley is Bulldogs' lure to prize Daniel Mortimer from Parramatta Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225837744464

IT'S the decision every Parramatta and Bulldogs fan has waited on for more than six months.

And as Eels star Daniel Mortimer prepares to announce where his NRL future lies, Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore has revealed the sales pitch he hopes will lure the five-eighth to the club that made his father, Peter, and uncles Steve and Chris legends.

Moore has told how he used the opportunity of working alongside veteran halfback Brett Kimmorley as a major lure to get Mortimer to join the Bulldogs next season.

Mortimer spent the weekend at home in Wagga Wagga with his family contemplating the biggest decision of his fledgling career.

It's expected the 20-year-old will announce his decision on Tuesday.

"From my point of view it would be a great opportunity for [Ben] Roberts and Mortimer to spend 12 months with one of the best halfbacks over the last 10 years," Moore said.

"I've spoken to Benny about that and I made (Mortimer) aware of that point."

Asked what was Mortimer's reaction to working in tandem with a premiership-winning halfback, Moore replied: "He doesn't say a lot, but I can't help but think he'd be excited about that."

Moore also suggested that if Mortimer did link with the blue and whites, he would find room for all three halves. "Yes, that's a distinct possibility. That's something I've spoken to all those three about."

Kimmorley is in the throes of extending his future at the club. "I think that's why I was originally brought here. To do a year or two and do some mentoring and hopefully they (Roberts or Mortimer) have someone to follow," he said.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
finally get an answer on tuesday, we all know he will stay with parra so hurry up and get it over with

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
finally get an answer on tuesday, we all know he will stay with parra so hurry up and get it over with
x2. FMD I'm so over these articles about where Mortimer is going to go. It's been going on ALL off-season. Geez.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
Kudos to his manager, smart ass who with all this talk about going to a club that he won't even go to, has probably bumped up his figure by a considerable amount.

Just unfortunate Canterbury had to be the club he was playing games with...

Status
Not open for further replies.