Brett Kenny

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching Brett Kenny on the Matty Johns show, talking about his life playing footy and life after footy, i found it quite interesting that Kenny was born and grew up in Canterbury.

I was too young to remember, but does any of the older generation know anything on how he ended up at Parra or if he ever played for the Dogs at any stage?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not sure. But Terry Lamb started at Wests so it all worked out in the end!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm not sure. But Terry Lamb started at Wests so it all worked out in the end!
Terry Lamb is a Chester Hill boy. He couldn't crack it in the Bulldogs powerhouse team in the early 80s as a teenager.

Terry Lamb is also an electrician - true to the old-school, blue-collared workers in the district at the time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Terry Lamb is a Chester Hill boy. He couldn't crack it in the Bulldogs powerhouse team in the early 80s as a teenager.

Terry Lamb is also an electrician - true to the old-school, blue-collared workers in the district at the time.
Yeah I know he's from Chester Hill, how could I not having grown up in the area! But my point was he played first grade at Wests for a few years before he came back to Canterbury.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kenny The perreniel beridesmaid.. while Lamb was always the man..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kenny The perreniel beridesmaid.. while Lamb was always the man..
Terry Lamb is my favourite ever player but Kenny is higher on the all-time list.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny Is truly one of the legends of the sport and throw in Ray Price as well.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Where someone is born doesn't necessarily have a bearing on which team they play for. Look at Glenn Morrison for instance... he was born in Canterbury, grew up in Canterbury in the 80s (the height of our success and rivalry with Parramatta), yet he also played for our sworn enemy!

upload_2019-4-24_9-23-21.png