News Brent Read.. Stephen Crichton

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Penrith & Melbourne system can make good players look sensational. Not certain what $ he would want.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Gus brings him so be it but I’d rather give Avv a fair shot under our new coach and a full off season training specifically as a fullback.
The money can be spent elsewhere tbh.
100%. If Ciraldo could turn Jake into our own version of Dylan Edwards then that is perfect, and we could spend big money elsewhere.

Jake has the talent to get to that level.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd rather blow the Rorters out of the water, go all in for Suaali, they can't keep him on the wing for much longer can they?
apparently moving into the centres next year. He will be a fullback at some stage. He can't at the Roosters why Tedesco's there so depends how long he's willing to wait. He's being paid very well already tho.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%. If Ciraldo could turn Jake into our own version of Dylan Edwards then that is perfect, and we could spend big money elsewhere.

Jake has the talent to get to that level.
We talk about bringing through our juniors so why not give him a proper go.
He’s got to first grade so why not see what happens,I think people forget how young he is.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We talk about bringing through our juniors so why not give him a proper go.
He’s got to first grade so why not see what happens,I think people forget how young he is.
We haven't made the finals since 2016, time for patience is over. Recruitment for 2024 starts in November so Averillo only has until the end of the season so the club needs to know by the end of the season whether he's our long term fullback or not (also depends if we're going to decide to spend the money elsewhere or not, fullback, halfback and prop are the positions we need to strengthen and we have a lot of salary cap space for 2024).

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kinda undid your own comment? Why is manu centre? Cause he’s better at adapting to that role than others and has Tedesco at 1. While edwards isn’t teddy he’s certainly elite fullback. For the record I’d take manu every day too.

That said I’m really torn on this (think he’s been poor the back end this year) though he has also been extremely good for panthers overall (granted a lot easier with quality players around him e.g burton there).

Though he’s light years ahead of what averilo offers.

Though for the 700k+ he would command it makes me nervous. Yes could be a elite centre for us regardless though for the 700k+ I’d almost rather we went 1.2 at Munster
Manu is at Centre because the Rorters are cheats. He recently re-signed to play centre instead of signing with another club on rockstar fullback money and a number of clubs would’ve been lining up. We’ll see the same thing unfold with Suaali. Only at the Roosters this will ever happen.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could sign the best outside backs for next year but we still wouldn’t make the finals. Our issue is our forwards.

I’d rather persist with Averillo at fullback and give him an offseason to train there. That way, we’d be able to target some forwards with the money saved, like Haas and Tapine.

Our priorities should be:
1. Forwards
2. Halfback
3. MAYBE a fullback

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We haven't made the finals since 2016, time for patience is over. Recruitment for 2024 starts in November so Averillo only has until the end of the season so the club needs to know by the end of the season whether he's our long term fullback or not (also depends if we're going to decide to spend the money elsewhere or not, fullback, halfback and prop are the positions we need to strengthen and we have a lot of salary cap space for 2024).
The club has been a basket case for years unfortunately, obviously our salary cap and poor leadership hasn’t helped the cause.
I suppose everyone will have a different opinion moving forward regarding player retention but we will need to trust CC judgment.
Like you said and totally agree we just don’t know how the money will be spent which is paramount.
Let’s hope we have truly turned the corner.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to start acting like a serious club, we need strike all across the park. I am done with the Holltoya shoe string budget combos it has got us nothing but years of mediocrity.
I agree