Opinion Brent Naden

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not aware re: the dough but I know he was offered an extension. In his case though I think the chance to play for a quality team was the deciding factor more than money. Either way we blew it, as we’ve seen, with the right coaching he’s going great.
Of course we blew it. But I’m just highlighting a really small example of many errors the club has made. That last game he played for us last year confirmed for me that we let go of a cheap handy player to buy a dud in Naden. Heck, I would of even been happy if they stuck with Meaney at fullback instead of Dufty

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Of course we blew it. But I’m just highlighting a really small example of many errors the club has made. That last game he played for us last year confirmed for me that we let go of a cheap handy player to buy a dud in Naden. Heck, I would of even been happy if they stuck with Meaney at fullback instead of Dufty
Jake was motm in that game yet you said he's garbage. Weird.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan for naden when fit and kiraz for Averillo when eligible. We will see better results on that side.

1.Dufty
2. Allen
3. Kiraz
4. Schoupp
5. Addo-Carr

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s garbage.
One hand gets put on him and he goes down. He’s weak as piss
Yes because a thing called confidence and many other mental attributes exist and have a large impact on performance in sport. People on here still don't get it and they're probably the same people that wanted BBO to start the year at halfback. We're you one of those? I think you were.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This was always my view. Happy for Meaney that he was smart enough to escape the clutches of our backwards club

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes because a thing called confidence and many other mental attributes exist and have a large impact on performance in sport.
Agree re: the confidence factor and it’s something we’re lacking right across the park. Has to say something about the way the team is prepared.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This was always my view. Happy for Meaney that he was smart enough to escape the clutches of our backwards club
Meaney saw Barrett for the con-artist he is, says one thing and then chops and changes positions.

He chose to be a backup player at Storm over guaranteed first team footy with us. He has my respect for that decision. He is getting a good run because Jennings went down with injury.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a fan of Meaney’s but the days of the small bodied wingers are gone. You need the back five to cart the ball up like forwards and Meaney is just too small. I thought that having a bigger body there in Naden would allow us to start our sets off well, but for one reason or another Naden isn’t using his frame at all

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Meaney was too soft here at the Dogs bc we need big bulldozing players to compensate for other shortcomings across the team.

He would not have progressed or amounted to anything much more than a so-so easily forgotten statistic in our playing roster history.

He got the chance to improve under Storm and Bellamy.

In hindsight Naden has been a fail but Meaney would not have played as well here or gotten the clean ball he gets at Storm.

Meaney looks better at the Storm and Naden looked better at Penrith.

Sums up where we are atm.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looked good at Penrith but they were a clinical side
Naden was Penriths 18th man and only played maybe 5 games last year.

The kennel was convinced he was a superstar that was being kept out of their team because of Clearys mate, when really it was because he’s a spastic who was off contract anyway

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bro listen to me and trust me on this one. The difference between our offer and the Melbourne offer was about $30k. It wasn’t much. He went for a tiny little more, that’s all it was. Bellemy is not stupid to offer Meaney anything more.
The point is the club offered him a contract.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree re: the confidence factor and it’s something we’re lacking right across the park. Has to say something about the way the team is prepared.
Confidence makes a world of difference in everyday life and it makes even more of a difference at the top levels of sport. A confident player that believes in what they're doing is going to compete and act harder than a player that isn't. All of a sudden they step off their foot that much sharper, they fight that much more in contact, they get into position that much quicker, they react quicker, etc. As much as I bagged him I think this is where Lewis excelled, he had Ronaldo levels of confidence and as a result was always competing and always had things happening around him. Unfortunately he also had the arrogance and was selfish and overall didn't benefit the team all that much lol.

This is the big concern I have, no matter what juniors we have they just aren't going to kick on coming into a playing group that's struggling with confidence and lacks leadership. We've seen it so many times over the years where our younger players debut and show some energy and promise in the first couple of games only to lose it and regress and end up as whipping boys on TK. JAC helps with that leadership, Mahoney another but other than that we're lacking...I really want Munster, he does not shutup during a game and I really think he would help the youngster develop those good habits (at least football wise) we need to be successful