Opinion Brent Naden

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate HE couldn’t believe it - did you see the look on his face when he not only easily got past Thompson and JMK but when Dufty offered zero resistance?
The worst thing is when fans know Frawley is a one trick pony ( I was thinking he would do that all day) yet professionals like his former teammate JMK falls for it

Fk me

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fancy allowing Matt Farking Frawley to look like Brett Kenny.
He had so much space and time. Looked like Reynolds with how he controlled the tempo..and that try OMG.

Our halves are all in traffic, jumped on asap they get the ball majority of the time. Just terrible that it continues week after week.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And this is why our club is shit. So we decide to offer Naden from Penrith more money than a guy called Meaney who we could of kept on lower coin that is more safer catching bombs and is a smarter footy player in general. We get fooled time and time again when we see average players perform well in good sides and decide to buy them. And we let go of good players who don’t look that great because they are playing in our shit system. This is just a small little example of the many F*** ups we have made in the past. We are dead set the laughing stock of not just the NRL but league around the world.
Only rivals are Wests Tigers in that department!

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I didn't know he possessed a dummy .... bang average player.

Couldn't believe my eyes when he cut through.

Probably never do it again.
The bullet-like dh pass had me shocked :grinning: Thought no couldn't be Lichaa and def couldn't be JMK so I had to run it back and saw it was M'Bye.

We are so used to the slow passing that seeing a good pass from dh ....I couldn't believe my eyes either.

We are that ordinary now. Can't even get the basics right.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Take your point absolutely but to be fair we did offer Meaney a deal to stay. He saw the opportunity to play in a quality Storm team, took it and he’s going great. I always thought there was a better footballer there in a better system and that’s exactly what’s happened and highlights the weakness in our coaching.
We low balled him big time. We gave him peanuts. Give him Naden’s contract and he would of stayed. When you’re earning $120k-$150k and someone gives you $30k more it’s massive, and as you said the chance to play for a quality side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We low balled him big time. We gave him peanuts. Give him Naden’s contract and he would of stayed. When you’re earning $120k-$150k and someone gives you $30k more it’s massive, and as you said the chance to play for a quality side.
That's not low balling, it's what's he's worth. Naden also isn't getting paid what he's worth and I said as much at the time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think we can sum up Barrett's recruitment and judgement of players contract worth, and winning team results, as very hit and miss at this present time.

Success stories are very few and far between. They certainly aren't making him look good.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's not low balling, it's what's he's worth. Naden also isn't getting paid what he's worth and I said as much at the time.
Please mate, when you’re earning a low salary $30k extra is massive! NO we didn’t give him what he is worth, we gave him less than what he’s worth. I don’t give a rats arse what you think, he’s worth more than the $150k we offered him. He’s a bloody decent player and shits all over Naden. He’s safe, can play wing or fullback, a better goal kicker than what we have and very reliable. But yeah you will now think I’m taking him up like an origin player, no I’m not. He’s dead set a better player than Naden and cheaper than Naden. If Bellemy thinks he’s worth more, then I’m taking Bellemy thoughts over yours.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Please mate, when you’re earning a low salary $30k extra is massive! NO we didn’t give him what he is worth, we gave him less than what he’s worth. I don’t give a rats arse what you think, he’s worth more than the $150k we offered him. He’s a bloody decent player and shits all over Naden. He’s safe, can play wing or fullback, a better goal kicker than what we have and very reliable. But yeah you will now think I’m taking him up like an origin player, no I’m not. He’s dead set a better player than Naden and cheaper than Naden. If Bellemy thinks he’s worth more, then I’m taking Bellemy thoughts over yours.
I don't care what he's worth to other teams, I care what he's worth to us. Our needs are totally different to Melbourne's.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the club did off meaney a contract.
wasn't it minimum wage? 120k Melbourne offered the same. I know where I'd go. Go down there play in thier system and boost my value. Our dumb fuck club will probably pay him 500k in a few years to come back.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not aware re: the dough but I know he was offered an extension. In his case though I think the chance to play for a quality team was the deciding factor more than money. Either way we blew it, as we’ve seen, with the right coaching he’s going great.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really? Or is it what he’s worth to you only?
A bit like how Averillo is worth more to you but worth less for the team. Hmmm
Yes, really. We needed powerful outside backs and Meaney didn't fit the profile so we looked elsewhere. It was also time for Meaney to go, wasn't developing at the club so he was better off moving on with us introducing new blood into the squad. The same will apply for Jake at this rate.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, really. We needed powerful outside backs and Meaney didn't fit the profile so we looked elsewhere. It was also time for Meaney to go, wasn't developing at the club so he was better off moving on with us introducing new blood into the squad. The same will apply for Jake at this rate.
Meaney > Naden and cheaper than Naden. That’s all there is to it. Simple