Brent Naden

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
https://www.zerotackle.com/penrith-young-gun-wants-to-stay-beyond-this-year-nrl-76336/

He's been through alot with Penrith where they've provided for him and seems to really love the club. Not saying its impossible for him to leave, but in looks like he will renew his current contract. Even then, has he ever played fullback at juniors? No doubt he's an athletic freak but so far there hasn't been any indication that he is a fullback. Signing a centre on fullback money & hoping they come good is risky.
That sucks, that makes the news about Naden more true he is on the outer.
In 2022 we have many roster spots available so expect movement November 1st

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd get more value out of Naden than you would out of JAC imo.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You'd get more value out of Naden than you would out of JAC imo.
We would look at both players as Naden would come cheap and JAC on the other hand can help us land his hooker teammate who ends up on the outer at the storm most likely B Smith

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We would look at both players as Naden would come cheap and JAC on the other hand can help us land his hooker teammate who ends up on the outer at the storm most likely B Smith
Getting Brandon Smith would be a massive coup for you guys as he is a gun.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That sucks, that makes the news about Naden more true he is on the outer.
In 2022 we have many roster spots available so expect movement November 1st
End of the day, we need depth in the backline (injuries, competition for places). Even as a second option, Naden is better than almost everyone in our current backline, so why wouldn't we go for him for the right price. Especially if we do end up getting JAC, combined with Cotric we need some astute buys in our backline.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
End of the day, we need depth in the backline (injuries, competition for places). Even as a second option, Naden is better than almost everyone in our current backline, so why wouldn't we go for him for the right price. Especially if we do end up getting JAC, combined with Cotric we need some astute buys in our backline.
I absolutely agree and we are saving money on our future halfs in Burton and Flanagan they won’t command much.
750k on hooker whoever he may be
My fantasy option is still Staggs to play anywhere in our backline even 5/8

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I absolutely agree and we are saving money on our future halfs in Burton and Flanagan they won’t command much.
750k on hooker whoever he may be
My fantasy option is still Staggs to play anywhere in our backline even 5/8
Staggs is a freak, but I feel like he will command a massive fee. Last thing I want is us to do a Broncos/Jack Bird and overpay a centre with bad knees.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Staggs is a freak, but I feel like he will command a massive fee. Last thing I want is us to do a Broncos/Jack Bird and overpay a centre with bad knees.
Fair enough maybe a young bulldog will finally have a break out year

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fair enough maybe a young bulldog will finally have a break out year
I hope so, but apart from Averillo is there anyone in the juniors who looks like a potential future superstar?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope so, but apart from Averillo is there anyone in the juniors who looks like a potential future superstar?
Yes, when first grade is doing poorly, all of them look like potential superstars, right up until about 10 minutes after they take the field in their first nrl match...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The dream would be:

1. Jake Averillo (maybe Nick Meaney short term while Jake finds his feet at FB)
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Nick Cotric
4. Will Hopoate
5. Brett Naden

Then with Burton & Flanagan in the halves. Now THAT'S a backline.
Would be very nice

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
The way to go is been saying for ages

Avo
Cardo
Hopa/Staggs sign up 2022
Cotric
Schouup

Get rid of dwz if we can for carr
Reimis has 1 year left see how he goes

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's Nic Cotric's best position.
if they are any good they can play both sides.
i like naden, he was a junior superstar and only just now coming into his own in senior teams.
on another point, i happen to have a beer with Shouup and Topine last weekend, Shouup is a massive unit. Easily ready physically to play NRL where topine is not big and still needs to grow into his body. they were both ball boys during the year for first grade.