Breast Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiffystephy

Not Guilty, Not Innocent!
Reaction score
Ok i know this may be a lil to serious of a discussion for this forum but just interested in knowing if any of you have had cancer scares or stories you wish to share!

The reason i bring this up is because im going through a breast cancer scare atm, i had 2 needle biopsies which came back inconclusive, then last week i had an op to remove the lump so they could thoroughly examine it! I get my results back in 2 weeks exactly and im sooo worried! I know im only young but its still scarey! Now to add to it my wound is infected from the op and i have **** coming out of it and need to go to the hospital everyday to have it checked and i have to take anitbiotics, the joys, but its the possible cancer im worried about.

So have any of the chicks who are here had scares or know of anyone who has?

D

D0ggyStylz

Nothing is too serious to discuss in here. As long as people respond to serious issues with maturity!

I have no stories of my own as I do not know anyone who has gone for this. Wish you all the best and hope that the tests come back showing that everything is ok.

All the best!

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
all the best Stiffystephy
dont worry so much - it be ok

stiffystephy

Reaction score
sore and down kimmy! but i will get over it, just one of those bad days!

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aww..is there anything I can do to help.......I wish i could help!!! :(

stiffystephy

Reaction score
nah its all good, i shall snap out of it soon, just need to keep myself occupied

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
stiffystephy said:
Ok i know this may be a lil to serious of a discussion for this forum but just interested in knowing if any of you have had cancer scares or stories you wish to share!

The reason i bring this up is because im going through a breast cancer scare atm, i had 2 needle biopsies which came back inconclusive, then last week i had an op to remove the lump so they could thoroughly examine it! I get my results back in 2 weeks exactly and im sooo worried! I know im only young but its still scarey! Now to add to it my wound is infected from the op and i have **** coming out of it and need to go to the hospital everyday to have it checked and i have to take anitbiotics, the joys, but its the possible cancer im worried about.

So have any of the chicks who are here had scares or know of anyone who has?
you cant be too young for anything health wise... hence you would think that older are the only ones will get heart attacks but that wasnt the case for my mate... he died from a heart attack at age 15... it is very scary when you think about it at times...

get well very soon...

Maza

Reaction score
OMG Steph!! You ended up going to the doc?! Thank God you went early..

Wish you all the best..

T

TdoggBulldog

aww darl.. go visit my cousins if your bored... there at home sick lol

hope everything turns out ok !

Sammii

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Steph i wish you all the best and hope that everything goes well for you and hope u know that we will all be thinking of you :love:

My nan had breast cancer a few years ago but decided not to tell anyone becasue she didnt want to worry us all.. she did however come out of it fine and they got the cancer at the early stages. Make sure the ppl closest to u know so u have ppl to talk to when u are down.. (u prob already had though) She now regularly goes for check ups but they have always turned out clear.

Talking about breast cancer it is October.. which means Breast Cancer awareness month so make sure u all go buy a pink ribbon and some of those yummy pink tim tams :grinning:

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
stephy i wish you all the luck :grinning: hopefully the lump will be benign.

in regards to cancer stories i lost a really close lady to me about a year and a half ago. she was my best friends mum and she was like my second mum because i grew up with her.
she fought breast cancer twice before and survived. the third time however nothing could be done. the cancer had spread from her deep breast tissue to her spine, bowels and intestines and soon moved to her brain......by the time she died she looked about 98 when in fact she was only around 45.

i remember getting the phone call from her daughter......i was shattered and i wouldnt eat for days. she didnt deserve to go. she was a divorced mum who was the best, healthiest woman ever....it hurt me more to see my best friend hurting so bad.
i was shattered and will never get over it.

but i hope that doesnt scare you or anything :o...i hope you will be fine :grinning:

stiffystephy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone and yeah Masons Girl those tim tams are yum, im addicted...lol

Thank u for sharing ur story MasonsGirl & Kurry, appreciate hearing both sides of the coin! I know a lady who was studying with me who is in her mid to late 30's who has just been hit with her 4th lot of cancer, only this time it has spread, really devastating and i have a 13yo cousin who has just been diagnosed with cancer also, really opens ur eyes to things and how we should all help when and where we can because it could be us it happens to!

Thanks for the well wishes, im positive but also feel the need to be prepared just in case

Btw sorry to hear about family memebers and close friends of some people who have been affected, glad to hear some have come out the other end ok but sorry for ur loss kurry

Slats

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
my grandmother died of breast cancer. i always do the self breast check. my grandfather has prostate cancer, which is why all you guys need to get your prostates checked. it kills as many men as breast cancer does women.

stiffystephy

Reaction score
Slats said:
my grandmother died of breast cancer. i always do the self breast check. my grandfather has prostate cancer, which is why all you guys need to get your prostates checked. it kills as many men as breast cancer does women.
sorry to hear it!

i did a self exam, i was actually watching an Oprah episode believe it or not and they were talking about it and saying no matter what your age you should be aware so i felt around and there it was, a damn decent sized lump like a 20cent -50cent piece size, a wonder i had never noticed it be4, left it for like 8months really be4 i worked up the courage to go to the doctors, now its out of me and im 2 weeks away from my results

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
stiffystephy said:
sorry to hear it!

i did a self exam, i was actually watching an Oprah episode believe it or not and they were talking about it and saying no matter what your age you should be aware so i felt around and there it was, a damn decent sized lump like a 20cent -50cent piece size, a wonder i had never noticed it be4, left it for like 8months really be4 i worked up the courage to go to the doctors, now its out of me and im 2 weeks away from my results
well it is very scary when you look at it and think about though...

they also said that breast cancer can also be related passing through the genes from your family... noone like your mother or grandmother or great grandmothe were diagnosed with breast cancer?

Slats

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
stiffystephy said:
sorry to hear it!

yeah cancer doesn't discriminate. it comes to young and old. hope it turns out ok for you. you should never be scared to see your doctor about anything. no matter how small or scary it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.