Braydon Trindall

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is a genuine 1st grade 7, he’s being wasted in reserve grade behind Hynes. Gus was very complimentary about him in his podcast this week.

Definitely worth taking a look at, he’s also a goal kicker and takes the ball to the line strongly. Especially since we don’t seem keen on Moses

he reminds me of Shifty a little bit, no ego, just very creative game manager

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy is a genuine 1st grade 7, he’s being wasted in reserve grade behind Hynes. Gus was very complimentary about him in his podcast this week.

Definitely worth taking a look at, he’s also a goal kicker and takes the ball to the line strongly. Especially since we don’t seem keen on Moses
Straight swap for Flanno…

the gun can go finish his career where it started as a shart

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Years ago we should have signed him as he was roomates with Harry Grant when he was with the Tigers... Could have tried to use him as a bargaining chip then.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He signed a long term extension going into this year, he's Moylan's replacement (at this stage)
Good , other than for this year(right now)and even not all of it if Karl kicks arse we don't want him next year so ... #nowaygetfuckedfuckoff :grinning:

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good , other than for this year(right now)and even not all of it if Karl kicks arse we don't want him next year so ... #nowaygetfuckedfuckoff :grinning:
Karl ain’t a 7

and our history of forcing players into unnatural positions hasn’t benefited us recently

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Karl ain’t a 7

and our history of forcing players into unnatural positions hasn’t benefited us recently
Agreed mate, We do it more than any other team and it hardly ever works, It frustrates me so much. We must be the only team to just keep signing wingers and getting them to play Centre, we grab Centres and throw them the No.1 jersey, we sign up and coming 7s and drop them into the No.9 or backrow. For the 1 or 2 that have worked out, we’ve failed 100 times.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

he reminds me of Shifty a little bit, no ego, just very creative game manager
I’ve been saying this for years… I don’t know how and why this guy is not a starting 7 somewhere. We have been desperate for a guy of this calibre… I don’t think he’s ever been on our radar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s a huge point of difference … right now Trindall has a kick average of over 400 metres … our 7 averages under 80 ..

What team has a 7 that can’t kick ?

And it’s the question all those wanting to throw KO in at 7, need to ask themselves, can he kick ?

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s a huge point of difference … right now Trindall has a kick average of over 400 metres … our 7 averages under 80 ..

What team has a 7 that can’t kick ?

And it’s the question all those wanting to throw KO in at 7, need to ask themselves, can he kick ?
The other fundamental failing with Flanagan is he doesn’t dig into the line and commit defenders to create time and space for the players outside if he is not to be our preferred kicker.
He passes 5m before the line which allows the defenders to easily isolate and target the receiver and puts the likes of Burton under so much more pressure.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That depends on how the team is run
If they play 6 and 7 either side then it makes no difference
Has a team ever won a comp without a genuine halfback?

I don’t think we’re in a position to reinvent the wheel.

We’ve bought wingers to play centre

centre to play fullback

centre to play 6

flanagan to play 7

And it hasn’t worked. We just need a proper halfback and better middles to make a difference

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has a team ever won a comp without a genuine halfback?

I don’t think we’re in a position to reinvent the wheel.

We’ve bought wingers to play centre

centre to play fullback

centre to play 6

flanagan to play 7

And it hasn’t worked. We just need a proper halfback and better middles to make a difference
What do you call a proper halfback ?