Opinion Brandon Wakeham vs Sharks Trial

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lewis pushing Wakeham out to 2nd receiver was hard to watch. At least our movements got a bit more spark after it reached him.
It's ridiculous. Wakeham just looks so natural in the halfback role while Lewis looks completely out of his depth and it has a massive impact on our side. Surely Pay can see this?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's ridiculous. Wakeham just looks so natural in the halfback role while Lewis looks completely out of his depth and it has a massive impact on our side. Surely Pay can see this?
Totally agree and this is what ive been saying that worries me the most about pay is his selections

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham has the attributes like Thurston where he can play at 6 or 7 and play it well.

He is no JT, but he does have all the attributes of a 6 & 7
He might not be a JT but his presence is known when he is out there, where as Lewis looks like a guy trying to be a half, and Cogger is just... there

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to see who they go with against the raiders

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s the man. He is a genuine half. Said it from day one, so natural (like Harper) he NEEDS to start. If he doesn’t it will be absolute ludicrous.!!!
Speed hump in D

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Na I think wakeham will be our 7 by the time Foran is due back and Foran goes to 6

that is our best halves combination
Indeed, Let’s hope so aye !!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Na I think wakeham will be our 7 by the time Foran is due back and Foran goes to 6

that is our best halves combination
We will be ok if that's the case, but still good on Foran for wanting to come back, but it's just a constant inconvenience for us tbh

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We will be ok if that's the case, but still good on Foran for wanting to come back, but it's just a constant inconvenience for us tbh
I would prefer that Foran doesn't go near our FG side again.

Having him in and out is disruptive.

Time to move on from him.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys

Reckon Brandon turned that second half around with his kicking and passing.

Has a great footy brain and can read the plays well.

Definitely offers more than cogger or Lewis.

Plays less mechanical and more reactive

Brandon should be giving the 6 come round one

Thoughts?
6 or 7 as long as FG.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis over called and got in his way but as soon as Wakeham was the shot caller he directed us to victory

And he didn’t miss a tackle

Better than Cogger and Lewis combined

Do that right thing Pay

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The funniest part was when Wakeham came on and Lewis was STILL playing halfback. Pay simply wants Lewis at halfback and that's that. Anyone that isn't a fucking moron can see Wakeham is easily the best option at halfback, shouldn't even be a discussion at this point.
I would rather Lewis distribute the ball to Wakeham personally so Wakeham can pull the trigger which he did... Would hate to see Wakeham just giving the ball to Lewis to do the creating part.

Then again would like to see Wakeham direct and set up the attacking structures....

Did u catch Averillo get a stint at FB... Didn't go bad at all.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would rather Lewis distribute the ball to Wakeham personally so Wakeham can pull the trigger which he did... Would hate to see Wakeham just giving the ball to Lewis to do the creating part.

Then again would like to see Wakeham direct and set up the attacking structures....

Did u catch Averillo get a stint at FB... Didn't go bad at all.
From what I've seen he likes to hit his A runner or cut out to the winger, let him do that regularly at 6 on the left edge after Wakeham or Cogger has assessed the options. Running the ball needs to be his priority though if he wants to remain in first grade.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From what I've seen he likes to hit his A runner or cut out to the winger, let him do that regularly at 6 on the left edge after Wakeham or Cogger has assessed the options. Running the ball needs to be his priority though if he wants to remain in first grade.
I totally agree with that as I loved watching Wakeham set up the structures and sus out the options. Lewis can hit runners but he can also fcuk up that ball royally. Needs a show and go the dickhead and I think the halves are good.