News Brandon Smith

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brandon could be a ~50 minute lock and Finucane could play as a prop. The Storm will more than likely lose Welch and they're already losing Tino. It's just going to depend if Brandon HAS to play hooker. He'll also get more money at a club like us.
Welch has on numerous occasions been mentioned at the Dragons

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Offer him the money he is worth asap, we need good players to fill up our square pronto fuck overpay hima bit as thats where we are atm

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HECTIC CHEESE ON THE BULLDOGS’ RADAR

THE Bulldogs have been linked to almost every player on the open market but the smart money says the club’s hit list under incoming coach Trent Barrett will be taking a long-term view point rather than a short-term quick fix.

Three players definitely on the Bulldogs radar are Penrith pair Matt Burton and Jack Hetherington and Kiwi Test hooker Brandon Smith.

All three are delicate scenarios given two are Penrith players where Barrett is currently working as an assistant coach and the other is a Kiwi Test hooker who is signed at the Melbourne Storm until the end of 2022.

The Bulldogs had identified Burton and Hetherington as targets long before Barrett signed at Belmore.

Smith is monitoring the Storm situation in terms of what happens around Cameron Smith and Harry Grant.

From James Hooper fox sports

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

THE Bulldogs have been linked to almost every player on the open market but the smart money says the club’s hit list under incoming coach Trent Barrett will be taking a long-term view point rather than a short-term quick fix.

Three players definitely on the Bulldogs radar are Penrith pair Matt Burton and Jack Hetherington and Kiwi Test hooker Brandon Smith.

All three are delicate scenarios given two are Penrith players where Barrett is currently working as an assistant coach and the other is a Kiwi Test hooker who is signed at the Melbourne Storm until the end of 2022.

The Bulldogs had identified Burton and Hetherington as targets long before Barrett signed at Belmore.

Smith is monitoring the Storm situation in terms of what happens around Cameron Smith and Harry Grant.

lets hope he is finally correct on this one

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

These three would be an incredible start and some much needed skills that we’ve been lacking for some time. Aggressive and talent.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the key quote and is true. There were articles about us targeting Burton as the long term 5/8 before Barrett was signed so if Penriff want to try and block it because Barrett is now coach well they can go suck a fat one

I'm not fussed about Hetherington but the other 2 are a must.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One article says Barrett is after B. Smith while another article says Fainu - both would be great but seems like the media is guessing as usual
Nek minute we pull of a coup and sign Peats:sob::sob::sob:
Lol or Isaac luke

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's the key quote and is true. There were articles about us targeting Burton as the long term 5/8 before Barrett was signed so if Penriff want to try and block it because Barrett is now coach well they can go suck a fat one

I'm not fussed about Hetherington but the other 2 are a must.
we are lacking an enforcer so hetherington would be a great buy

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
we are lacking an enforcer so hetherington would be a great buy
For the right price a lot of players are a great buy. I find it hard to see Hetherington being much more than a benchie come 2022 tho when we can replace Napa. I think he's a player that'll be in and out of the starting side next year if we sign him. I'm not too fussed on Hetherington (would probably prefer not to sign him) but B. Smith and Burton are pretty much must buys.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
For the right price a lot of players are a great buy. I find it hard to see Hetherington being much more than a benchie come 2022 tho when we can replace Napa. I think he's a player that'll be in and out of the starting side next year if we sign him. I'm not too fussed on Hetherington (would probably prefer not to sign him) but B. Smith and Burton are pretty much must buys.
i think hetherington has shown this year he is more than a benchie and i would put him above all our current props imo.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Would take all 3 and not think twice. On top of Cotric, new coach and new major sponsor let’s get it !

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
:tonguewink:
You'd be mad to take Smith over Grant tbh, not that I don't rate Smith but Grant is just so much better and has the more well rounded game.
Grant was running the tigers within two games, outstanding for a young bloke coming into a side cold and they all followed him he’s a special player........
Thank fuck he’s a Queenslander