Social Media Brandon Smith

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn’t even bother mate sometimes you got to just let people have their say no matter how off it may seem.
Off to you which is irrelevant to me (when you put it like you have, just say nothing instead?). I've explained my selections. If you'd like to go through what I've said and give me something to work with that'd be sweet.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Off to you which is irrelevant to me (when you put it like you have, just say nothing instead?). I've explained my selections. If you'd like to go through what I've said and give me something to work with that'd be sweet.
No mate I don’t have the energy to go back and forward with you that’s why I scrolled past. I was just making the point that people are entitled to their opinion even though most of us would have that as a bit off, for starters Averillo needs to be in the 17 he’s definitely 1st grade standard. If you can’t fit him in then whatever that’s cool. Also if something is irrelevant to you and not even directed at you maybe you should also scroll past... or not either way I’m not fussed. Cheers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No mate I don’t have the energy to go back and forward with you that’s why I scrolled past. I was just making the point that people are entitled to their opinion even though most of us would have that as a bit off, for starters Averillo needs to be in the 17 he’s definitely 1st grade standard. If you can’t fit him in then whatever that’s cool. Also if something is irrelevant to you and not even directed at you maybe you should also scroll past... or not either way I’m not fussed. Cheers.
I can't put Averillo over Hopoate at fullback or Foran at five-eighth at this stage. Playing Averillo anywhere else is a waste (Foran and Averillo partnership doesn't work).

"Averillo, Topine, Seumanutafa and Schoupp (and anyone else I don't know!) not far away hopefully."

One thing being different doesn't mean "far off".

That was 100% directed at me. If you don't want me to respond to you don't bait me into doing it.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing is Smith is a bit more of an off the cuff player. Not sure if he has developed into a top line hooker. The game c smith started at half b smith service was not that crisp. Might be he just needs a full time roll there to develop.

As soon as c smith went to hooker in the last 15 mins the momentum swung. The service from dummy half was impeccable and the storm ran over the roosters I think it was.

Anything is an upgrade over king. But I Still think the most pure hooker is definitely grant. Great pass off the ground, speedy and agile and text book defender.
B.Smith did say in his interview after the game that he wasnt used to the role and had concentration lapses. I think it would be different if he was there full time. Just proves that he needs to be a full time hooker to develop his game, theres no "developing behind one of the best hookers to ever play". Its obviously not benefiting his development and earning power.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't put Averillo over Hopoate at fullback or Foran at five-eighth at this stage. Playing Averillo anywhere else is a waste (Foran and Averillo partnership doesn't work).

That was 100% directed at me.
No not at all - I think you took it the wrong way, but then you also said it’s irrelevant anyway. .. the point was solely about scrolling past if you don’t agree when you are covering old ground. You have said that multiple times about Avo and also you rate C Smith & Elliot etc a lot more than most that’s fine. Like the majority I think it’s diabolical if you don’t have our best young talent in years not even in the 17. Foran to 7 as he ends up at first receiver a lot anyway and Avo to 6. Cheers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No not at all - I think you took it the wrong way, but then you also said it’s irrelevant anyway. .. the point was solely about scrolling past if you don’t agree when you are covering old ground. You have said that multiple times about Avo and also you rate C Smith & Elliot etc a lot more than most that’s fine. Like the majority I think it’s diabolical if you don’t have our best young talent in years not even in the 17. Foran to 7 as he ends up at first receiver a lot anyway and Avo to 6. Cheers.
Foran's weakness is long range kicking. I'm yet to see Averillo do anything in this area (and instead seen a running five-eighth/fullback), so I can't pick that partnership. Unless we pick up a hooker that can kick from dummy half, e.g. Ben Hunt, it won't work. Averillo will be in the team, it just wouldn't be at the start of next year for me. Cheers.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
B.Smith did say in his interview after the game that he wasnt used to the role and had concentration lapses. I think it would be different if he was there full time. Just proves that he needs to be a full time hooker to develop his game, theres no "developing behind one of the best hookers to ever play". Its obviously not benefiting his development and earning power.
I didn’t know he said that.

But definitely agree. The more time you spend in your desired position the quicker you will develop and flourish (unless you are Lewis :p)

For mine Grant has leap frogged him in the pecking order now. Grant would almost be good enough to push C smith into the halves full time.

So there might definitely be a spot for b smith. Is it true he has been playing prop? :p :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t know he said that.

But definitely agree. The more time you spend in your desired position the quicker you will develop and flourish (unless you are Lewis :p)

For mine Grant has leap frogged him in the pecking order now. Grant would almost be good enough to push C smith into the halves full time.

So there might definitely be a spot for b smith. Is it true he has been playing prop? :p :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:
He was wearing the #8 jersey last weekend. Looked good there tbh. No chance he gets the 9 jersey over Grant, Grant is coming first in Dally M overall. Hopefully B.Smith is looking for a move to 9 full time, come 2 da doggiezzz :tearsofjoy:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an article on FoxSports talking about the hooking situation at Melbourne and they pointed out the Tigers will make a play for B Smith if they don't get Grant. The advantage they have is that Maguire is the NZ test coach. Fucking hell that's a big advantage as Smith may be worried about Maguire retaliating by not picking him if he chooses us over them. We better not end up with the Tigers scraps - fucking Jacob Liddle

Hopefully Baz is all over this. Once they lose Grant, the Tigers will go back to struggling to score points whereas we should eventually be a great attacking team...unless Lewis and Tolman are still in the side

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran's weakness is long range kicking. I'm yet to see Averillo do anything in this area (and instead seen a running five-eighth/fullback), so I can't pick that partnership. Unless we pick up a hooker that can kick from dummy half, e.g. Ben Hunt, it won't work. Averillo will be in the team, it just wouldn't be at the start of next year for me. Cheers.
I definitely take tour point around the kicking as that’s the obvious reason Lewis has played so much first grade. But we need to make it to at least half way, which is not a huge ask so that we aren’t in the position where we are constantly relying on a long range kick all the time. The 9, back 3 and forwards need to start getting over the add line and getting a good play the ball. That should be the goal not keeping talented individuals out of the 17 because we need to rely on long range kicking. That should be the minority of sets.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He was wearing the #8 jersey last weekend. Looked good there tbh. No chance he gets the 9 jersey over Grant, Grant is coming first in Dally M overall. Hopefully B.Smith is looking for a move to 9 full time, come 2 da doggiezzz :tearsofjoy:
We can offer him the fulltime 9 plus get rid of that stupid "block of cheese" Nick name Johns gave him...

#BrandonTheBulldog!

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not all want Foran extended on big coin though. I’d only want him 300-350. I’d rather Foran on the paddock in 7 than Wakeham Lewis OR Cogger. But that’s just me.
By my argument constantly is
Why do we have to put up with any of them ?
Id only percist with the 2 young local boys, wake and avo.
Bring in burton, staines, sam walker
Fot fuck sake just make me head recruiter. Lol

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See when you talk about overs, you dont go paying overs for the likes of Cotric, Tony Williams, Foran etc...

You want to pay "overs", Brandon Smith is a player you pay overs for
But they want to keep foz and elliot lol